FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Fraser Dropped - Courier

skifreak

Just read the back page of Friday's Courier and Esson will make his first start on Saturday. Brewster says there will be "one or two" changes to the outfield starting line up as well. I guess I better not copy the whole bit in here with copyright and all that!

DOH - another example of avoiding and/or projecting the blame by Brewster and the gutless friends in charge of this club - Brewster has been makin 2-3 changes in every feckin game this season.

I actually suspect that he/they will go with a team at Easter Road that is more favoured by the public influence - the only problem is that he has lost the dressing room - but by playing a more favourable team he can again project the blame and avoid the responsibility.

DOH - another example of avoiding and/or projecting the blame by Brewster and the gutless friends in charge of this club - Brewster has been makin 2-3 changes in every feckin game this season.

I actually suspect that he/they will go with a team at Easter Road that is more favoured by the public influence - the only problem is that he has lost the dressing room - but by playing a more favourable team he can again project the blame and avoid the responsibility.

I take it from these remarks that you would have made no changes to the side which got thrashed last week. I've never been pro Brewster, but in your eyes (and many others to be fair) he can do no right at all. He would have been pilloried by many on here if he had not changed last week's team. So what is he to do? Shades of Catch 22!

I take it from these remarks that you would have made no changes to the side which got thrashed last week. I've never been pro Brewster, but in your eyes (and many others to be fair) he can do no right at all. He would have been pilloried by many on here if he had not changed last week's team. So what is he to do? Shades of Catch 22!

DOH - you misread me yet again - It is not about the Hun game - it is about the last 15-20 games - apart from Falkirk away I have cringed at some of the systems and tactics that he has employed - he has chopped and changed the side all season and leaves the side and the players with no continuity or confidence. I have extolled his strengths - mainly as a fantastic player - but I have always used rationales for any criticism I have made against him - and I have never been overly crude or abusive to him - I have shown him a measure of civility really.

Of course changes are required - but what changes will he make - I reckon he will be swayed by public opinion cos he is drinking in the Last Chance saloon - but when you are in that predicament ya need yer drinking buddies to be really up fer ya and that is not the case. Our management cannot fail to see that but they are in the old school round of drinks and are blind feckin drunk.

Ah, Falkirk away - a speck of golden sand midst a sea of sh*t.

I am more concerned about our back line than who is in goals actually. I think Mikey has done a good job and one extremely bad day at the office shouldn't see him replaced. On the other hand it does no harm to give Essson a start. He's not Zibi, at least...

The only right thing Brewster can do is hand in his resignation.

I think Esson playing is a good idea, i think changes need to be made after last week. Mike had an off game and Esson has played well in the cup games....so in my view its a good choice.

Best news regarding ICT for a while. I make no bones about how i view Fraser as the weak point in the team. He gifts a lot of goals IMHO, and i am not really fussed if he pulls of a blinding save every so often. It doesnt change my views on him.

I am glad esson is being given his chance. He deserves it. Fraser is to inconsistant. I have a seat in the north stand and whenever a ball is played through fraser is rooted to his goal line, he never commands his defence and their is no trust between him and the defence and thats a recipe for disaster.

Fraser is the better of the 2 keepers, and will mature into a fine keeper. I agree that he should be dropped, as any mistake and he would be slaughtered. This is part of the steep learning curve of 1st team football.

Big chance for Esson, has not been a regular for a sometime, but has good experience. I hope he and all the team do well tomorrow, points are needed.

Fraser will return a better keeper.

Mikey has been a decent keeper since Brown was lured to the big spondulachs. Is Esson better? I don't know, what I do believe is that he won't make the squad any worse. If and when he plays tomorrow I hope the guys in front of him perform to their best. Let's all dig in and loo took the future.

After blundering last week its about time Esson was giving a chance, although saying that Ike's been fairly consistent over the season excluding the Rangers game. Hopeflully it will keep the whole team on their toes.

Edited by Iain

Mikey has been a decent keeper since Brown was lured to the big spondulachs. Is Esson better? I don't know, what I do believe is that he won't make the squad any worse. If and when he plays tomorrow I hope the guys in front of him perform to their best. Let's all dig in and loo took the future.

ask the aberdeen fans.... :rotflmao:

Fraser is the better of the 2 keepers, and will mature into a fine keeper. I agree that he should be dropped, as any mistake and he would be slaughtered. This is part of the steep learning curve of 1st team football.

Big chance for Esson, has not been a regular for a sometime, but has good experience. I hope he and all the team do well tomorrow, points are needed.

Fraser will return a better keeper.

Fair statement. We can't expect Fraser to be a top class keeper as he is young and was still learning his trade when he was thrust into the limelight on Browns departure. He generally has more than accounted for himself but as last week showed still makes errors which are then compounded by lack of confidence.

Esson is now being put into a similar situation that Fraser found himself in :thumb04: :rotflmao: :018: good/bad hmmm tomorrow will tell but Fraser would most likely have been a liability as he would have little confidence and the defence would have little faith in him. Guess fingers crossed.

Fraser would most likely have been a liability as he would have little confidence and the defence would have little faith in him. Guess fingers crossed.

Exactly. The manager will tell you that the defence starts with the strikers and the midfield and blah blah blah and that's right up to a point, but the defence ENDS with three or four defenders defending a keeper who defends a net. Ike has been dreadful recently - if the back four can feel confident with Ryan behind them, and not feel like *they* are the last line of defence, then bring it on.

Players get dropped - unfortunately the people who really need to be dropped are still making those decisions.

Looking back to last weekends game against Rangers. If you study the free kick which Mike spilled for the opening goal, I believe he saw it late and the shot looked pretty ferocious. I have seen worse from top class keepers. I am sure we would all like Boruc to play for ICT, but look at some of the blunders he has made. The problem for Mike is the defence, or lack of defence, in front of him. He can't perform miracles.

Time is a great healer..........we seemed to think that Broonie was a top class keeper but we all appear to have selective amnesia and all his blunders are a distant memory. He was much worse than Mike Fraser at coming to meet the ball, crosses, kicking and general control of his penalty box. The only trait that Fraser carried on from Broonie was the inability to save penalty kicks.

Anyway, Esson looks a decent keeper as well and maybe this will keep them both on their toes.

Mike Fraser will come back a better keeper for this, I hope it is with this club though.

We've had 2 great "shot stoppers" in Fraser and Brown in recent years, but they've both have a large weakness in not being particularly adept at pinging a quick ball to an open player to allow us to hit effectively on the counter or make a quick attack from the back.....and that, IMO, is what Esson will give us today provided the players are ready and waiting for the opportunity.

I don't actually blame Fraser too much for the dropped ball, and of a mind that it should never have made it as far as him anyway.

If you watch the free kick we had a man break forward (fair enough), but then Duncan steps off the end of the wall, not only does he cover Frasers view (watch Fraser move to see around him) but he created the hole through which Boyd hit the ball.

I don't actually blame Fraser too much for the dropped ball, and of a mind that it should never have made it as far as him anyway.

If you watch the free kick we had a man break forward (fair enough), but then Duncan steps off the end of the wall, not only does he cover Frasers view (watch Fraser move to see around him) but he created the hole through which Boyd hit the ball.

I don't think anyone blames Fraser, He was thrown into the deep end on Mark's departure and shortly after that we started sufferering as our defence left also (Dodds)

Fraser is keeping nets with a weaker defence than Mark had. Given time Fraser could turn out to be a top keeper but youth & lack of confidence + a weak defence make his job and Esson's job all the more difficult.