FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Qualified success for Brewster

Yngwie

Two things:

1. I dont think there's a pass or fail system. I'm sure its all about attending coaching sessions and doing a presentation.

2. Uefa is the standard for coaches. Bit like SQA is the standard for SVQ's in the workplace. In other words he@s proved he has knowledge and experience to coach. Doesn't mean he's good at it.

its a requirement for any manager wishing to manage a club in European competition. Its also now mandatory to be able to manage a club in the EPL so may become so in the SPL soon too !

I have seen the list of things required to be awarded this qualification and it is fairly lengthy so fair play to him if he has qualified, it would have been a fair bit of work.

its a requirement for any manager wishing to manage a club in European competition. Its also now mandatory to be able to manage a club in the EPL so may become so in the SPL soon too !

I have seen the list of things required to be awarded this qualification and it is fairly lengthy so fair play to him if he has qualified, it would have been a fair bit of work.

Now all he needs is to get us into European competition.

Edited by 5thStand

Guest bingobingo

To put this in perspective

Danny Macdonald the head of youth passed this 4 years ago :rotflmao: :thumb04:

same course as Robbo was on i beleive but it is required and is a two year course

Charlie also has it so our guys seem to be good at this stuff

To put this in perspective

Danny Macdonald the head of youth passed this 4 years ago :rotflmao: :thumb04:

same course as Robbo was on i beleive but it is required and is a two year course

Charlie also has it so our guys seem to be good at this stuff

Is Barry not also working towards it?

As I understand it, all managers in the top divisions of their respective leagues must have this qualification by 2010 to be allowed to actually manage a team for more than 12 weeks. They also need it for Champions League and UEFA cup participation.

There is a good explanation of it on the BBC website: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/6189330.stm

Yes well done Craig.

To pass the coach has to prove that he or she is competent in the following areas: (my view on the required evidence in red)

How to plan and evaluate your team's strategic season programme.........aim for anything better than eleventh

How to succeed in one key fixture during the season.............last weeks win against Killie got us back up the table a bit

Improving the performance of one key player....................He's got Blackie channeling his energy into playing football

Improving your own interpersonal skills...................shouting more from the technical area than he used to

Building upon your existing coaching skills with specific emphasis..................Wood heading towards being a Brewster

We are quick to slag Brew off for tactics, PR, selections and any manner of other things, so its only fair that we give him credit for achieving this coaching standard. Well done Brewster (there's a phrase not many use on here !!!)

Surprised (and delighted) to hear that Danny already has it and that Charlie and Robbo were working towards it ... thought that they would be doing 'A' or 'B' badges, didnt realise they had got to the UEFA Pro level in terms of coaching qualifications

Guest bingobingo

I know DANNY well and he said

both he and Robbo wer passed 4 years ago and he said Charlie finished his off too

there is no pass/fail in this award it s more of an attendance course no practical or technical exam

but it is a requirement to coach/manage a top flight team after 2010 it allows you to coach in any league in the world as it has UEFA backing

both he and Robbo wer passed 4 years ago and he said Charlie finished his off too

there is no pass/fail in this award it s more of an attendance course no practical or technical exam

but it is a requirement to coach/manage a top flight team after 2010 it allows you to coach in any league in the world as it has UEFA backing

Sorry Bingo but I've checked all the Uefa and Fa websites and don't see Danny Mc, JR or CC

Are you sure about your facts? There is a list of all who qualified in 2004 and D Mc and JR aint in it

Sorry Bingo but I've checked all the Uefa and Fa websites and don't see Danny Mc, JR or CC

Are you sure about your facts? There is a list of all who qualified in 2004 and D Mc and JR aint in it

OK so well shall all agree Brew for Euro manager of the year