Qualified success for Brewster

Yngwie

Sorry Bingo but I've checked all the Uefa and Fa websites and don't see Danny Mc, JR or CC

Are you sure about your facts? There is a list of all who qualified in 2004 and D Mc and JR aint in it

Would that be the Wikipedia list ? The one that is showing managers in England and has no Scottish names unless they are working in England (or were at the time of qualification). I know for example that Miodrag Krivokapić got his pro license in Scotland as his profile on the Montenegro FA site comes up if you search google for "UEFA Pro license Scotland" as does John Collins .....

I did actually search the UEFA website earlier (for the rules about the pro license) but could find absolutely no mention of it. The SFA site has a description of it for upcoming courses next month but neither the SFA or SPL websites seem to have any indication of who currently holds this type of license.

Let's try to put some sort of perspective to this. I have just completed the MCA's PSCRB course which qualifies me to take charge of marine survival craft and rescue boats. It does not guarantee that if you end up in a lifeboat with me that you will survive, it only shows I have a piece of paper now which officially states that I have shown a level of knowledge which I already possessed.

In short Brewster was a shyte manager before he got that bit of paper and I doubt that his managerial expertise has increased a great deal since receiving a piece of paper stating he has completed a course.

I know DANNY well and he said

both he and Robbo wer passed 4 years ago and he said Charlie finished his off too

there is no pass/fail in this award it s more of an attendance course no practical or technical exam

but it is a requirement to coach/manage a top flight team after 2010 it allows you to coach in any league in the world as it has UEFA backing

Sorry Bingo but I've checked all the Uefa and Fa websites and don't see Danny Mc, JR or CC

Are you sure about your facts? There is a list of all who qualified in 2004 and D Mc and JR aint in it

Did you check 2003 and 2005 just in case?

Guest bingobingo

100% sure of facts may have got the year wrong but Danny MacD and Robbo both passed in same year Danny told me that and at the time we had one of the most 'qualified management teams' in Scotland as Donald Park also had it so there weer 3 with the top award.pretty sure that was one of the resons Hearts were so keen on him apart from the obvious connection as they needed someone with the badge to take charge of them in European competition.

The bottom line is that there does not appear to be a reliable, accurate and up to date list online anywhere ... not on the UEFA site, not on the SFA site and not on the SPL site.

The only references I have been able to find via google is to a woefully out of date document on Wikipedia, and some random links to other sites. We all know that Wikipedia can be wrong as often as it is right and although its list is probably correct in the names that it mentions, its the names that it doesnt mention that make it inaccurate. The other sites I found were via keywords on websites - thats how I found mention of John Collins and Miodrag Krivokapić for example.

Maybe its a question for Boardroom Banter ?

Q: There has been some discussion on the boards about CB achieving his UEFA Pro licensing badge. Can the club confirm that he has (and congratulate him on our behalf) but can they also clear up a discussion about which other coaches (past or present) attained or held this qualification while working for ICT .... according to some, Danny Macdonald, John Robertson, Donald Park, and Charlie Christie all held (hold) this qualification which at the time meant we had one of the most qualified backroom teams in Scotland.