FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Aberdeen

Renegade

Esson

Proctor Tokely Munro Hastings

Cowie Black Duncan Imrie

Rooney Wood

No point having Tokely out on the right all set to get murdered by Aluko. Push him infield and get him up against the glebe that is Lee Miller. Munro can handle Mackie.

Cowie and Imrie on their "normal" sides please. Cowies fantastic engine will allow him to help out Proctor defending against the threat of Aluko. Imrie has looked at his best on the left hand side.

A "natural" centre pairing of Black and Duncan perhaps operating in a diamond set up with Duncan helping out the back four and by tracking Smith if he plays through the middle as well. Black can help to spread the ball about and we know he likes a tackle too.

Rooney has impressed me up front and Wood has been the other best performer in our forward line this season I feel. I'd like to see the two of them playing together.

Guest Spectre

A nice idea but having seen Rossco at Centre Back in the reserves v Hearts, I can see why this is something that has not been tried in a real match...!

...and he does tend to play the wide players on the "right" side in a 4-4-2, it is in 4-5-1 that it makes sense not to.

Edited by Spectre

Esson

Tokely McGuire/Duff Munro McBain

Proctor Black Vigurs Imrie

Rooney Wood

Subs: Fraser, Duff/McGuire, Hastings, Wilson, Duncan, Sutherland, Barrowman

I would play Proctor on the right side of midfield to help double up against Aluko as I thing he could potentially run Tokely ragged. Time for Hastings to be dropped so I would play McBain in at left back. Put Russell Backpass on the bench and go 4-4-2 with Rooney and Wood upfront as I believe they could be our best strikeforce.