FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Home & away

Harry Chibber

Seems to me Brew has got his tactics backwards for home and away games

the majority of managers use the tried and tested method of playing 2 forwards at home to take the initiative against an opposing team and then when playing away use 1 upfront to consolidate midfield and catch teams on the break

Brew is being too clever for his own good IMO by trying to counter the other manager's counter tactics... instead it has become obvious to every other team in the SPL that we will sit back at home and with our defence being as poor as it is at the moment it seems mad to invite teams onto us.

IMO a lot of our problems will be solved one we find a decent centre half but at the moment my advice to Brew would be keep it simple. Lets get the team back to a familiar formation and do what we do best... out work other teams

We need to play every game like a cup final until we get out of this position so it is down to the Brew to have some faith in the players and let us get at teams

the majority of managers use the tried and tested method of playing 2 forwards at home to take the initiative against an opposing team and then when playing away use 1 upfront to consolidate midfield and catch teams on the break

Brew is being too clever for his own good IMO by trying to counter the other manager's counter tactics... instead it has become obvious to every other team in the SPL that we will sit back at home and with our defence being as poor as it is at the moment it seems mad to invite teams onto us.

IMO a lot of our problems will be solved one we find a decent centre half but at the moment my advice to Brew would be keep it simple. Lets get the team back to a familiar formation and do what we do best... out work other teams

We need to play every game like a cup final until we get out of this position so it is down to the Brew to have some faith in the players and let us get at teams

Harry you, like others, are starting to see the faults in your hero. It's just taking you longer to lose the rose tinted specs. You would catch up with everyone else if, and heaven help us if he is, Brewster is here in a few months.

I dont hate Brewster though Harry, and dont see it as a hate campaign ....... I simply love ICT more and see it as a save ICT campaign.

I want him gone because I dont believe he is the man for the job. He has certain qualities that are good ... fitness training for one, and a keen eye for potential (at times) for the other. However, I sincerely believe that he does not possess the tactical or man management ability to get us out of a slump which has been brought on by his lack of ability in those key areas.

We could stumble on for a few more weeks, and maybe he would turn it around, but we were saying the same thing a month ago and it hasnt happened ..... in my mind, it seems more likely that we would simply dig ourselves into a deeper hole. Better to change now and give the new guy a chance to at least try and persuade Black and Cowie to stay (if possible) and to attempt to bring in a decent centre half and experienced forward to help the young lads up front who are all decent enough but out of their depth right now.

I dont hate Brewster though Harry, and dont see it as a hate campaign ....... I simply love ICT more and see it as a save ICT campaign.

I want him gone because I dont believe he is the man for the job. He has certain qualities that are good ... fitness training for one, and a keen eye for potential (at times) for the other. However, I sincerely believe that he does not possess the tactical or man management ability to get us out of a slump which has been brought on by his lack of ability in those key areas.

We could stumble on for a few more weeks, and maybe he would turn it around, but we were saying the same thing a month ago and it hasnt happened ..... in my mind, it seems more likely that we would simply dig ourselves into a deeper hole. Better to change now and give the new guy a chance to at least try and persuade Black and Cowie to stay (if possible) and to attempt to bring in a decent centre half and experienced forward to help the young lads up front who are all decent enough but out of their depth right now.

I agree entirely

I agree with Kingsmills.

There is something I though I would never read! :rotflmao:

Aye, he forgot the tongue in cheek smilie!

We were talking about what the board/bennet may have said to Brew as in terms of time limit to sort it out, wins vs Well, Partick and Hamilton will bring out a stay of execution, losses will mean the bullet halfway through january.

We were talking about what the board/bennet may have said to Brew as in terms of time limit to sort it out, wins vs Well, Partick and Hamilton will bring out a stay of execution, losses will mean the bullet halfway through January.

Does this mean we can now put this anti Brew thing on the backburner for the Festive period and concentrate on supporting the boys on the park, instead of barracking the guys in the dugout!

I fail to see how the board can delay dismissing Brewster any more. It's damage limitation time folks, the longer Brewster stays, the less time our new manager has to improve the squad and work on getting them to gel (again).

I have real fears that he will be allowed to stumble on through the Motherwell and Rangers games and the axe wont fall until or unless we lose to Partick in the cup ... If that is allowed to happen, any cash injection will be more than nullified by the loss of revenue from the cup.

I agree with Kingsmills.

There is something I though I would never read! ;)

O2B :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018:

Hairy - I echo what has been said before - I quite liked Brew the first time around as he brought fitness to the club and we were running around at 100 mph and always looked a threat away from home. As a player I would rate him as the BEST I have seen at the club. I have always backed up my argument with tactical criticism - I have rarely seen such naievity and ineptitude. It was clear to me from the off that he was only ever going to take us down.

Finally! :rotflmao: :thumb04:

Finally! :thumb04: ;)

Not only did he get his tactics backwards - he got his feckin rite and left wrong as well. :018: :rotflmao: