FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Half Time Team Talks

davieB

I could cry, every game at home it is the same, we play well in the first half, them within 10 minutes of the second half we conceed a goal, who's to blame? The players, Brew, the captain?

Is it as bad as it seems? - question for your stats ghurus.

It shouldn't matter what Brewster says at half time the players and in particular the captain should be aware and up for the second half from the off. They are after all professional players.

I've said this before on this forum but I see no evidence whatsoever that Grant leads on the park. He is a great bloke and a fine player, apart from his tendancy to continually hoof the ball up the park to no-one. He needs a solid 'leader' type figure beside him and Proctor, Duff and McGuire aren't that. We need a strong vocal organising central defender along side Grant, then we won't be inclined to loose these early goals.

From bbc.co.uk/sport

"I told the players at half-time that the first five minutes were vital - then there's a world class finish from a world class player."

Wow I mean a world class finish maybe, but thats what now Brewster... 6? 6 goals within the 1st 5-10 mins of the second half conceded. That is pathetic! Maybe you knew it was vital because you knew the statistics before they went back out. But anyway I don't believe you said that as I heard you don't even do a team talk at half time, maybe thats why Esson comes out at half time to train, because there's no point in being inside at half time and he is a professional

' I thought our performance was excellent in the first half. '

I would say that we were ok in the first half, if we managed to score in the first half then it might qualify

for an excellent, but we ALWAYS undo the good work by..

A. conceding a goal just after the restart.

b. Falling apart and concede more after that.

Suppose he will come out with ' there was nothing much between the teams apart from the goals ' shyte

FECK OFF BREWSTER

I've said this before on this forum but I see no evidence whatsoever that Grant leads on the park. He is a great bloke and a fine player, apart from his tendancy to continually hoof the ball up the park to no-one.

Sadly I agree, Grant is the weakest captain we've ever had.

Forgot about him. I suppose we've been fortunate to have exceptional leaders like Mann and Dods in recent years.

Our exceptional leaders were not on the park. The guys who saw what the team needed and went and got it. The guys who can. Brewster's just a can't. And a useless one at that.

Think that was the free-kick Aberdoom scored that he referred to as World Class....but it could be 3-in-a-row!!!

As he's been saying just about the same thing every week for the last 7 or 8 weeks then it's very likely.

Who appoints the Captain? (rhetorical)

And your choice would be??(ie instead of negative points make a positive one)

I would think that only Munro/Hastings/Rossco would be in the armband option. Unlike others on here I think Rossco looks the part, big and forceful but I don't know how vocal he is. Hastings seems to also get pelters on here but he is not slow at stating his case. Munro, at the heart of the defence, must be in the ideal position for a captain but he must take more responsibility on the park and if required use a 2nd in command to do his shouting for him!

In the Aberdeen team of old, Willie Miller, the captain, did not shout at anyone except McLeish and McLeish give out the verbals(I remember McKimmie, the left back, having passed the ball inside twice, was therefore not his captains 'friend' and the hit man, McLeish, was dispatched when play calmed down, to sort him out, resulting in a very heated confrontation)

This shows that it can work, Munro recognising the problem and his 'boy' doing the shouting, if required. It may be that Grant is too nice a guy to shout but right now we need all the shouting we can get, on the park, from the dugout and indeed from the terracing but most of all, in the tunnel, as they make their way onto the park for the second half!!

I didn't say my choice would be anyone else, I was making the point that if people are trying to deflect blame from Brewster by pointing the finger at Munro they then have to ask the question as to why the Manager persists on giving him the armband.

As I've said before, if you put people in a position for which they are not suited then you can't blame them when they fail to do the job. It's those that put them in that position, and persist with it when it's not going well, who are accountable.