So, as it stands...

davieB

I know it's impossible to work out Brewster's thinkings, but with all these signings, is this a simple competition for places move, or is it the end for some of our long standing players?

Is Hastings on his way? That's Byrne :rotflmao: and Gatheussi (who can supposedly play across the middle as well) both competing with him.

McGuire? Duff? Seems like, and from the very little I've seen of him, Mihadjuks could be the answer to our defensive woes.

Morais.....any place for Imrie now?

An experienced striker? Do we really need 5 strikers? Who'll go?

And that's just who's arrived now. There could well be a few new faces by the time the window closes.

So, come the end of the window, is our team going to be recognisable from the one that started at Aberdeen on the first day of the season?

A hell of a lot of questions I know......

I know it's impossible to work out Brewster's thinkings, but with all these signings, is this a simple competition for places move, or is it the end for some of our long standing players?

Is Hastings on his way? That's Byrne :rotflmao: and Gatheussi (who can supposedly play across the middle as well) both competing with him.

McGuire? Duff? Seems like, and from the very little I've seen of him, Mihadjuks could be the answer to our defensive woes.

Morais.....any place for Imrie now?

An experienced striker? Do we really need 5 strikers? Who'll go?

And that's just who's arrived now. There could well be a few new faces by the time the window closes.

So, come the end of the window, is our team going to be recognisable from the one that started at Aberdeen on the first day of the season?

A hell of a lot of questions I know......

Gathuessi is a right back. And we only have three strikers with Rory going on loan.

Gatheussi can play anywhere across the back......according to Brewster.

Where's Rory gone then? (I must've missed it).

I don't think there's any doubt another striker will be in before the end of January, so that still leaves four.

Gatheussi can play anywhere across the back......according to Brewster.

Where's Rory gone then? (I must've missed it).

I don't think there's any doubt another striker will be in before the end of January, so that still leaves four.

See the Byrne MFR link for Rory.

4 strikers is about right for and SPL club. Remember when Bayne, Wyness and Dargo were all out and we had only one left.

As for Gathuessi, don't know why Brewster says that, as I can assure you he is a right back.

Rory away

Brewster has also made three players available for immediate loan ? Zander Sutherland, Lionel Djebi-Zadi and Rory McAllister.

Brewster stressed that young winger Sutherland, who spent part of last year on loan at Elgin City, could still have a future at the club. But ex-Ross County full-back Djebi-Zadi and former Aberdeen youth striker Rory McAllister will be released by, or before, the summer. In addition, young centre-half Guy Kerr ? currently on loan at Elgin ? has been freed by the club.

Brewster added: "It's the time when hard decisions have to be made. Zander is the one I'll be monitoring closely, but the other two are free to leave."

No great loss, Lionel was pants and bar 1 game, Rory hasn't shown he can cut it at SPL level.

best line in the story for me is .... "Young midfielder Iain Vigurs ? a recent stand-out against Rangers and Partick Thistle ? has been offered a new contract."

Lets hope its not an offer that takes the **** !

So:

IN

Morais

Gatheussi

Byrne

Mihadjuks

OUT

Black (PCA)

McAllister (Available On Loan - To Be Released)

Djebi Zadi (Available On Loan - To Be Released)

Sutherland (Available On Loan)

Kerr (Released)

Rory was loaned to Peterhead last season to get some playing experience and was gash. Seems to me he needs to work out the mental side of things and accept he's not good enough - at the present time.

In all fairness perhaps Brew wants McAllister to show something on loan and get some 1st team experience. If he doesnt then no chance of a new deal.

Not according to the P&J today.....

"McAllister and Djebi-Zadi will then be allowed to leave when their contracts expire in the summer, although no decision has yet been made on Sutherland, who was on loan at Elgin City last season."

Most of us realised Rory wasn't good enough several years ago and now he has to do a 'Prunty' and drop a couple of divisions and rebuild his career

In all fairness perhaps Brew wants McAllister to show something on loan and get some 1st team experience. If he doesnt then no chance of a new deal.

"McAllister and Djebi-Zadi will then be allowed to leave when their contracts expire in the summer, although no decision has yet been made on Sutherland, who was on loan at Elgin City last season."

Most of us realised Rory wasn't good enough several years ago and now he has to do a 'Prunty' and drop a couple of divisions and rebuild his career

Didn't prunty do a money grab to Gretna?

Brew has said, in Courier I think, that Zadi and McAllister will not be getting new contracts. He will, however, be keeping a close eye on Zander. Rory got his chance and didn't take it. Zander is now getting that same chance and hopefully he'll find a decent loan deal and take advantage.

I will just leave this here then :rotflmao:

av-227.jpeg

gutted..... I always thought that Rory would come good in the end for ICT but have to admit when I saw him get his chance against Morton I wasn't impressed

All the best to him, I hope he does alright for himself in the lower leagues

I too would add myself to the list of those who really thought Rory would come good, but I doubt anyone would deny that he's had more than ample opportunity. Whether it's down to some psychological block, ICT just not being the right club or the fact he's just not capable at SPL level is anyone's guess.

Given his proficiency in the reserves I doubt he'll be short of offers from lower league teams.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't all these signings just being given contracts till the end of the season?

Why is that? ....So the players can showcase themselves at ICT and then leave for another club in the summer?..... So the club doesn't have to renew their contracts for next season when ICT is in the 1st division? ....So that they can do a job for 6 months and keep ICT in the SPL, then leave for nothing thereby putting ICT back to square one, squad wise, for the beginning of the following season?......So they have 6 months to prove themselves worthy of an extended contract?....

hmmm :rotflmao:

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't all these signings just being given contracts till the end of the season?

Why is that? ....So the players can showcase themselves at ICT and then leave for another club in the summer?..... So the club doesn't have to renew their contracts for next season when ICT is in the 1st division? ....So that they can do a job for 6 months and keep ICT in the SPL, then leave for nothing thereby putting ICT back to square one, squad wise, for the beginning of the following season?......So they have 6 months to prove themselves worthy of an extended contract?....

hmmm :rotflmao:

I just posted this in another thread. I am surprised that it is only the two of us to pick up on this so far.

WTF?

Four new players in the squad, four six months deals. :thumb04: Even if we manage to wriggle out of relegation where the feck will we be at the start of next season?

We have already lost Black to a PCA and Cowie looks to be going the same way.

I can only think of a couple of reasons behind this, our DoF has no negotiating skills, we are totally skint or Brewster has been given until the end of the season and the DoF does not want a big bill when the new man takes over and has a clearout.

Whatever the reason we are going to have to spend a lot of money to get a squad together next season.

Didn't prunty do a money grab to Gretna?

Brew has said, in Courier I think, that Zadi and McAllister will not be getting new contracts. He will, however, be keeping a close eye on Zander. Rory got his chance and didn't take it. Zander is now getting that same chance and hopefully he'll find a decent loan deal and take advantage.

It was Bingham who did the money grab to Gretna the season we went up. Ditched SPL footy for the 3rd division and became Dr Deuchars strike partner.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

hopefully rory can find a club. zander out on loan?? what if hes does good at the club hes out on loan at, then comes back and doesnt even play, all that hard work to earn a new contract. did duff or vigurs ever go out on loan???

Rory had a slight disagreement with Brew after the Morton game. That clearly did not help his survival plans especially as this was a 'come and prove you are good enough' season. He's just a bairn who needs toughening up - he's an under 20 International who under the right manager could blossom into a great striker. As someone posted it is about his mental toughness.

I will just leave this here then :rotflmao:

av-227.jpeg

gutted..... I always thought that Rory would come good in the end for ICT but have to admit when I saw him get his chance against Morton I wasn't impressed

All the best to him, I hope he does alright for himself in the lower leagues

Rory had a slight disagreement with Brew after the Morton game. That clearly did not help his survival plans especially as this was a 'come and prove you are good enough' season. He's just a bairn who needs toughening up - he's an under 20 International who under the right manager could blossom into a great striker. As someone posted it is about his mental toughness.

Rory was awful against Morton, absolutely terrible. It was one of the worst performances I've seen from a Caley player.

Rory has had more chances than most. He's almost 22 now. He was punted from Aberdeen because of his attitude to his career. Got the opportunity here and just didn't take it. I was one of those who tried defending him when others were slating him but one can only argue for so long. He could be a great player but until he wakes up and realises he has to work for that then he'll not get any more chances.

My mistake in the Prunty / Bingham mix up.