FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Enough is Enough.......Come Home Pele

Guest DRAGAN

Who brought us success?

Who brought us sexy football?

Who made it worth the admission to watch even when we got beat?

Who had an eye for inexpensive genuine talent?

Who brought us Brown..Robson..Juanjo..Hastings..Stewart..Daisy..Barry..etc....

Who was born and bred in the Highlands?

Who is one of our own?

PELE IS THAT MAN....BRING BACK PELE NOW AND STOP THIS ROT!

Forget the lowland haddies like Brew, Robbo, Park amd other like Smith, Scott, Bone etc and bring back the guy who made it a joy to watch ICT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iT

IF THATS THE ONLY DISAGREEMENT YOU HAVE WITH MY POST I WILL BOW TO YOUR SUPERIOR KNOWLEDGE.

PELE HAD A TRACK RECORD SECOND TO NONE AT ICT AND HE COULD BRING THESE TIMES BACK

I'd love to see him given a chance too - maybe as the next DoF. Obviously he's had his problems, so don't know what condition his mind is in these days. Can't think of any other reason not to. Got us to the SPL in all but name.

*Maybe I should clarify what I mean by 'in all but name' - the majority were his players.

Edited by starchief

Heart ruling head i'm afraid, Pele never got us to the SPL, and i dont think he would have done it either.

He did not do well at Aberdeen - even with a better squad than he would have had at Inverness.

Nah, sorry mate, dream on.

Who brought us success?

Who brought us sexy football?

Who made it worth the admission to watch even when we got beat?

Who had an eye for inexpensive genuine talent?

Who brought us Brown..Robson..Juanjo..Hastings..Stewart..Daisy..Barry..etc....

Who was born and bred in the Highlands?

Who is one of our own?

PELE IS THAT MAN....BRING BACK PELE NOW AND STOP THIS ROT!

Forget the lowland haddies like Brew, Robbo, Park amd other like Smith, Scott, Bone etc and bring back the guy who made it a joy to watch ICT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iT

Sorry, you lost all my respect after that bit.

He signed Robson, Mann, Stewart, Thompson, McArthur, Teasedale, Wilson, Tokely, Munro, McBain, Hart, Wyness, Sheerin, Brown, Ritchie and many other terrific players for a combined total of less than what Brewster paid for Dougie Imrie.

When he left we were flying at the top of the first division, playing fantastic football, and were enjoying the best start to a season in our history.

His record speaks for itself.

obviously there is mixed feelings about a return but surely there is a place at the club in some footballing capacity for him. he was a genius on a shoestring budget. the way we are going just know we could end up scrapping in the lower divisions.

the board must take action now because even if we manage to stay up the standard and style of football is woeful. i think even hamilton are playing better football than us.

if we don't act FAST we will be LAST.

obviously there is mixed feelings about a return but surely there is a place at the club in some footballing capacity for him. he was a genius on a shoestring budget. the way we are going just know we could end up scrapping in the lower divisions.

the board must take action now because even if we manage to stay up the standard and style of football is woeful. i think even hamilton are playing better football than us.

if we don't act FAST we will be LAST.

What fun! It wouldnt be a month without someone calling fo the return of Pele.

Get this, Pele is not well. He has a problem related to stress. Managing a footall team generates stress, thus they are a bad mix. Yes, the footie was good, but no way would those teams have been able to compete with todays team, bottom of the SPLor not.

I hope he gets well and is able to participate in some capacity. But probably not now.

PS As far as I know Park is a Highlander, FW, who used to play for Caledonian FC.

I am not hearing many alternatives. I was at the game today and it is obvious that Brewster has not got a clue what he is doing and i dont think the board know what to do either. The side today were like headless chickens and had no shape whatsoever.

Barrowman, Imrie, Wood are 2nd division standard and the big ex-County boy is a glorified junior standard player .

Heads must roll at board level too.

Yes, the footie was good, but no way would those teams have been able to compete with todays team, bottom of the SPLor not.

Bit of a strange comment. Even if Alex Ferguson was in charge of a 2nd Division team, they'd struggle against any SPL team. But many of Pele's players DID play in the SPL though. Perhaps they couldn't beat today's team (not so sure) but then they weren't operating on an SPL budget.

(Although I concur with the point about illness)

Yes, the footie was good, but no way would those teams have been able to compete with todays team, bottom of the SPLor not.

Bit of a strange comment. Even if Alex Ferguson was in charge of a 2nd Division team, they'd struggle against any SPL team. But many of Pele's players DID play in the SPL though. Perhaps they couldn't beat today's team (not so sure) but then they weren't operating on an SPL budget.

(Although I concur with the point about illness)

Judging by what I've been watching recently, Pele's teams that won at Tynie and Darkheid would wipe the floor with them. Mind you some players would have to play against themselves :rotflmao:

Which kind of says a lot too.

Edited by The Mantis

I'm very sorry indeed to hear that Pele is unwell due to stress. He was a football genius there's no doubt about that and in his day he had the team playing some really great football. I wish him a very speedy recovery and return to full health.

It would be nice to think he might have a role at TCS at some point in the future but good health comes first - you're nowhere without that.