FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Pre contract agreements, question.

Guest birdog

Can Black change his mind?

I am sure Hearts have that option, medicals etc, can Black now negotiate a deal with our new manager whoever it will be?

I am sure Hearts have that option, medicals etc, can Black now negotiate a deal with our new manager whoever it will be?

No and Hearts dont have that option either as Black has already has his medical etc

Ok cheers for that, was hoping for more good news but will settle for Brewster's departure.

It would however mean that perhaps Cowie and Fraser will stay knowing they have something to prove, would it not?

Hopefully. Somepne says on another thread that Mikey has already signed for Motherwell, if that's the case then obviously it's too late. If he hasn't though, I know for a fact that he was never going to sign a new contracyt while Brewster was there, so maybe it's not too late.

As for Cowie....fingers crossed.

No and Hearts dont have that option either as Black has already has his medical etc

Yes he can actually, PCA's aren't legally binding.

Im pretty sure a player can opt out of a pre contract agreement. Medical or no Medical. Absolutely positive it's happened before.

But I can't see it happening with Black unfortunately. I think he's made his bed and is prepared to lie in it.

Yes he can actually, PCA's aren't legally binding.

So for example, lets say Black has signed his PCA with Hearts, in March Celtic come in and say we will offer you more cash than Hearts, Black can say to Hearts sorry changed my mind and they have no comeback, whats the point in them then

I think the answer to this is Yes a player can opt out of a pre-contract agreement, because that is what is it, it is a pre-contract it is not the actual contract that would start in June/July. I think a pre-contract means he has agreed to join that club but wont join any other....he can however stay at his current club (ICT) if he signs a new deal.

Why would he want to, though? He's going to the club he supported as a boy, on higher wages and with more likelihood of both European football and a Scotland call up. Obviously there are risks attached - he may not hold down a first team place and Hearts' financial position is apparently still very precarious - but to be honest, I think he would have taken this offer once he heard of Hearts' interest regardless of who our manager was.

What's more important is, can we hold on to him for the rest of the season and will the new manager put him back into the team? We missed his composure on the ball in midfield badly on Saturday, and I have no doubt that he would give heart and soul for us between now and the end of the season, as he has for the past four and a half seasons.

I too had heard the "Pre-contracts not worth the paper they are written on" statements and if you scour the net you can find it mentioned all over the place, but there's nothing that I can find which backs up the statement.

Looking at a couple of cases which have been handled by FIFA it has basically come down to whether or not the agreement contains the "essentialia negotii" (elements required for a contract to be considered valid). In short, if Black has signed something which says he will go to Hearts at X time for Y Salary and Z length of time then it is legally binding.

Aye Black will decide that playing for a better team in front of bigger crowds on a bigger stage for a much bigger salary isn't worth it and return to Inverness. Sorry guys - he's history now as much as it pains me to say it.

He could, though, breach his side of the contract and has his registration is still held by ICT he would never actually become a Hearts player. It would however leave him exposed to paying an awful lot of compensation for the breach of contract.

will never happen.