FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New Manager Odds (merged)

Guest Nocko

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't want anyone here who isn't 100% committed to the task in hand, and whilst under "normal" circumstances Butcher might appeal to me he's involved in stuff which he isn't going to be able to drop overnight and we can't afford to be waiting or messing around for a few weeks while he has one eye on ICT and one eye on other stuff.

Don't want anyone here who isn't 100% committed to the task in hand, and whilst under "normal" circumstances Butcher might appeal to me he's involved in stuff which he isn't going to be able to drop overnight and we can't afford to be waiting or messing around for a few weeks while he has one eye on ICT and one eye on other stuff.

CD - I totally agree - as an Ipswich fan I have total respect for Terry Butcher the player - he has good contacts both north and south of the border but I do not think he is the right appointment for us....

robbo for me, definitely.

Robbo has been on here talking about his links with people in the business and I'm sure will have been scouting players recently. with hardly any time left in the transfer window I'd rather robbo come in as he can bring in better players than butcher. All butcher has to worry about is 8 games or so a season with only scottish players.

Robbos been here and done it before and undeniably still loves the club.

We need someone with the passion for caley thistle to keep us up.

Seeing him in that top puts me off him :thumb04:

Terry_Butcher_Scotland_training_632382.jpg

Any better?

hmm that might be even worse seeing an england captain in a scotland tracksuit! :rotflmao:

He's probably talking to Shaun Maloney and Kris Commons.

Seeing him in that top puts me off him :thumb04:

Terry_Butcher_Scotland_training_632382.jpg

Any better?

hmm that might be even worse seeing an england captain in a scotland tracksuit! :rotflmao:

He's probably talking to Shaun Maloney and Kris Commons.

:018: dont forget james morrison as well ;)

Taking on board the possible cons of appointing Butcher (eg his national side involvement) I cant help having a good feeling about someone of his calibre let loose with our team. I say give him a chance to show what he's made of! He certainly cant be accused of being a wall flower and I think we need someone with some 'balls' to get us back up the league where we belong

I do like Robbo's passion, but don't seem to remember a lot of nice flowing football when he was in charge.

Do we want to go back to hoofing it up the park?

No coincidence that the odds are slashed from 25-1 to 9-4 :rotflmao:

the odds were never available at 25/1

I've no problem with Butcher combining his part time position with the national team with managing ICT as that might actually be an asset but does he not have business interests in the central belt as well ?

My only concern about Butcher would be how much of his time he would be able to devote to managing the club.

Thats the main stumbling block at the moment according to my source . Butchers not sure if he could give 100% to ICT .

http://www.williamhillmedia.com/index_temp....asp?file=11636

Obviously I'd still prefer Robbo 'til the end of the season then see what's happening.

Robbo and Barry, Barry loves the club, ICT is in his blood, he will give us 100 and 10%, and he can relate to the players, something we desperatly need,give them a chance, even if we go down, we can know with absolute certainty that both these men will have gave it their all, and can we ask for any more.