FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New Manager Odds (merged)

Guest Nocko

Ewan has good contacts up here so you have to take the article somewhat seriously ... although a lot of the speculative names that will come out in the next few days could safely be said to have come from the thousands of posts on here on this subject.

For the record - I would not have a problem with Butcher.

I always enjoyed his straight talking manner when he was at Motherwell, and although no fan of England you cannot look past the leadership and passion he displayed as the captain of one of the world's top national teams.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ewan has good contacts up here so you have to take the article somewhat seriously ... although a lot of the speculative names that will come out in the next few days could safely be said to have come from the thousands of posts on here on this subject.

There is also a good chance that Ewans article was taken from some of the posts on here.

For the record - I would not have a problem with Butcher.

I always enjoyed his straight talking manner when he was at Motherwell, and although no fan of England you cannot look past the leadership and passion he displayed as the captain of one of the world's top national teams.

Wonder if Butcher would want to bring his old sidekick Maurice Malpas in, who's just been sacked from somewhere down south

They seemed to form a decent partnership at Motherwell.

Inverness officials are adamant they want an experienced replacement in order to prolong their stay in Scotland's top flight.

He suggests with that line that he knows something about what the board are looking for.

And there hasn't been much said on here about Knox or Chisholm.

Butchers managers record is at best mediocre

games won lost drawn

Brentford 23 5 13 5

Motherwell 175 60 78 37

Sunderland 43 13 22 8

Coventry 60 20 26 14

I feel that we should bring in someone like Robertson until the summer, and once we know what division we will be playing in, Then decide on the permenant replacement.

The more I read various online articles, the more I like the idea of someone like Archie Knox - a well respected man with contacts everywhere - alongside a #2 with ICT in his blood (Charlie or Barry)

The more I read various online articles, the more I like the idea of someone like Archie Knox - a well respected man with contacts everywhere - alongside a #2 with ICT in his blood (Charlie or Barry)

I was at the ICT Clach game not this season but the one before with Marius just after he signed, we got introduced to Archie who was at the game (cant remember the reason he was up) was lucky enough to go out for a pint with him after the game was a real gentleman and his knowledge of the game was incredible.

Archie Knox maybe for me, Bomber Brown seems to be doing ok with Clyde be worth a shout, i seriously do not want it to be Butcher, i dont rate him at all, i dont think he is the man for the job. We need someone to take this role on FULLTIME , not be swanning off everytime there is an international game, no to Butcher from me.

haha johnboy, edited to make you look silly

Edited by mikeyrob73

Archie Knox maybe for me, Bomber Brown seems to be doing ok with Clyde be worth a shout, i seriously do not want it to be Butcher, i dont rate him at all, i dont think he is the man for the job. We need someone to take this role on FULLTIME , not be swanning off everytime there is an international game, no to Butcher from me.

haha johnboy, edited to make you look silly

I've taken it out now to save you further embarrasment... :thumb04: :rotflmao:

The whole idea of bookies offering odds is an intersting one, particularly for the person who draws up the shortlist, conducts interviews and then makes an offer.

Let's send Grassa down to Willie Hills with the whole transfer budget, and use the winnings to buy the manager a new striker.

That's a good shout and a good piece of business! We definitely need somebody with experience. A few weeks ago, I said Steven Pressley, but I don't think I would want him coming in, having no managerial experience, when we are bottom of the league. Don't know if he would fancy it either.

You can just imagine it...

"where's the money, Grassa"

"lost it all!"

"how? you selected Ian McCall!"

"I know but Robbo was such the obvious choice, I couldn't help myself"

"back to buying from Ross County?"

"Nup, lost it all. Erm...how are Elgin City doing these days? Any strikers?"

You can just imagine it...

"where's the money, Grassa"

"lost it all!"

"how? you selected Ian McCall!"

"I know but Robbo was such the obvious choice, I couldn't help myself"

"back to buying from Ross County?"

"Nup, lost it all. Erm...how are Elgin City doing these days? Any strikers?"

:rotflmao: :thumb04: :018:

Guest jabbahut

Victor Chandler are now up with a market on the next manager. Its on their website.

http://www.vcbet.com/coupon_outright.jsp?&...=&ot=205400

Next Permanent Inverness Manager

Terry Butcher 9/4

John Robertson 3/1

Gordon Chisholm 5/1

Archie Knox 11/2

Barry Wilson 6/1

Derek McInnes 8/1

Eric Black 8/1

Steven Pressley 10/1

Kevin MacDonald 12/1

Neale Cooper 12/1