FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New Manager Odds (merged)

Guest Nocko

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know for a FACT that Butcher is the boards first choice , only thing that might scupper the deal is the amount off travelling involved . Trust me on this one , the jobs his if he wants it .

I am led to believe that is the case as well.

Edited by stevico1

Guest Muir-Jaggie

if butcher does get it, who will be his number 2?? i cant remeber who he had with him at motherwell. maybe barry he could do the traning and butcher would only need 2 come up a few days a week.

I've no problem with Butcher combining his part time position with the national team with managing ICT as that might actually be an asset but does he not have business interests in the central belt as well ?

My only concern about Butcher would be how much of his time he would be able to devote to managing the club.

No coincidence that the odds are slashed from 25-1 to 9-4 :rotflmao:

the odds were never available at 25/1

I've no problem with Butcher combining his part time position with the national team with managing ICT as that might actually be an asset but does he not have business interests in the central belt as well ?

My only concern about Butcher would be how much of his time he would be able to devote to managing the club.

Thats the main stumbling block at the moment according to my source . Butchers not sure if he could give 100% to ICT .

if butcher does get it, who will be his number 2?? i cant remeber who he had with him at motherwell. maybe barry he could do the traning and butcher would only need 2 come up a few days a week.

Christie. Charlie's here already, knows the squad and their favoured roles so would help Butcher settle, could take coaching when Butcher's away on SFA business and as no. 2 would be away from the spotlight and daily pressures.

No coincidence that the odds are slashed from 25-1 to 9-4 :rotflmao:

the odds were never available at 25/1

Thats the main stumbling block at the moment according to my source . Butchers not sure if he could give 100% to ICT .

Not sure if he still has but think he had a hotel in Bridge of Weir

I'd be happy with Butcher if he could commit himself sufficiently to the club including relocating to Inverness. Otherwise, I feel we should look elsewhere.

would agree with that. dont think travelling up and down should be an option.he's maybe got to much baggage for a quick appointment too if at all

What would be the point in having him as manager then if he only came up a few days a week, no way, he would have to be 100% dedicated or forget him. We dont want someone who is taking the job as a nice little side earner who is more focused on other interests and would no doubt be off is he either got a better offer or got bored with ICT.

He also was a bit of a disaster at his last 2 clubs and wasnt popular at all.

Terry Butcher 9/4 Yes

John Robertson 3/1 yes

Gordon Chisholm 5/1 Yes

Archie Knox 11/2 Yes

Barry Wilson 6/1 No

Derek McInnes 8/1 Yes

Eric Black 8/1 Yes

Steven Pressley 10/1 No

Kevin MacDonald 12/1 Yes

Neale Cooper 12/1 Hmmmm

Colin Calderwood 14/1 No

Bruce Rioch 14/1 Yes

Colin Hendry 16/1 No

Maurice Malpas 16/1 Nooooooooooooo

Jim Duffy 18/1 Yes

Charlie Christie 20/1 No

Derek Adams 20/1 No

Duncan Shearer 25/1 No

Bobby Williamson 33/1 Yes

Steve Paterson 33/1 Yes

Craig Brown 33/1 No

Times Article

The article in the Times would seem to suggest that Butcher is still based in the SE of England....

Times Review of Four in the Frame

Terry Butcher - The Scotland assistant manager is known to want to get back into club management. He is also said to be Inverness Caledonian Thistle?s wanted man. But would he be prepared to be based in Inverness? Some believe that the geography alone might put him off.

John Robertson - The former Heart of Midlothian and Scotland striker has already been an Inverness manager (from 2002-04) and was deemed to have done a good job. He would love the job back, but doubts are said to persist in the Inverness boardroom about bringing him back. Still has a base in Inverness but not the favourite.

Archie Knox - The perennial No 2 and drill-sergeant of the Scottish game is back on the market after being sacked by Blackburn Rovers. Knox suffers a bad press as a ?yesterday?s man? but some of the most respected names in football ? not least Sir Alex Ferguson ? claim he knows the game inside out. In his favour, Inverness want experience at the helm.

Derek McInnes - Is seen as the coming man of Scottish managers, having fashioned St Johnstone into an attractive and successful side in his 14 months in charge at McDiarmid Park. But relative inexperience counts against him.

Where in the article does it mention Butcher being based in SE England ?

"Traditionally, Inverness have encountered trouble in coaxing players and managers to what is regarded as a geographically remote area. Such an issue may prove pertinent with Butcher, who is still based in the south of England despite his position within George Burley?s Scotland coaching staff."

Maurice Malpas was his Number 2 at Motherwell, and my guess is he would want him to work with again....