FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Butcher And Malpas Show

maimie

What does it really matter - as long as Terry does the business? Come on ICT supporters and get behind big Terry and his sidekick Mo and lets be having you, as old Delia Smith said, yonks ago! Onwards and upwards and still in the SPL.

What does it really matter - as long as Terry does the business? Come on ICT supporters and get behind big Terry and his sidekick Mo and lets be having you, as old Delia Smith said, yonks ago! Onwards and upwards and still in the SPL.

Thanks Lizi...

I knew someone would say that -

I just think that ICT with Butcher/Malpas combination could prove to be a marriage made in heaven....

Don't you want to know who's idea it was?

Please try and answer this before IHE comes online...

Johnboy, why don't you ask the question in the Boardroom Banter?

I have my own personal theory....

First, I don't think the club had any serious contenders in mind when they sacked Brewster....their "planned" option refused to wait any longer than he had and signed as a player for Falkirk.

I think Butcher might have been looking to get back into club management and had been waiting for the right job to come along. I think he might have made half hearted enquiries about the position at ICT and then perhaps thought better of it (hence the backing down via the press). I then think that he saw the result against Hearts, watched the DVD and saw something in the lads which rekindled his interest and made him believe we had more to offer in terms of fight that he may have originally given us credit for. He strikes me as the kind of person who thrives on the type of challenge we were offering and is the kind of person who, if you tell him something can't be done, just gets all the more determined.

That might all be fantasy, but it's the impression I get from things.

Thanks Lizi...

I knew someone would say that -

I just think that ICT with Butcher/Malpas combination could prove to be a marriage made in heaven....

Don't you want to know who's idea it was?

Please try and answer this before IHE comes online...

Funnily enuff I actually know the answer - TB approached us - He has been frustrated at being part time with the Scotland squad - He wanted to manage a club (an SPL club) - but stay involved in the Scotland position as well - When the ICT post came along he saw it as the perfect opportunity and sought out George Burley's approval straight away. When he got the go ahead he went into discussion with the muppets. It is the best of both worlds for him and he can keep an eye out fer the Scotland squad by watching SPL games every week and doubling it up whilst spying during the week as well - for Scotland and ICT.

As he is a very shrewd individual I have no doubt that he is already contemplating the future and his future at Sneck may be dependent on whether Scotland qualify or not as well as us surviving. If Scotland dont - as unfortunately looks likely - the chances of Burley going are high - reckon Butcher has weighed that up and he may then return to the Setanta work and ICT - again a double whammy.

So TB has a lot at stake in keeping us up and that could well be part of his self motivation. But fair dos to the man.

And how could he have "lost" out in an Interview scenario - the man is as polished and professional as maself.

I wonder what Flybe will make of TBs comment re Foran and Odhiambo catching an easyjet to Inverness?

Probably much the same as Carling would say if Walter Smith and Gordon Strachan were spotted out on the skite drinking Tennets, not a fecking lot.

Johnboy, why don't you ask the question in the Boardroom Banter?

He has. However, I am not sure it will get an answer as it may fall into the personnel category which is off limits. We will ask it anyway as I dont see what harm can come from an answer like "he applied" or "we approached him". In either scenario, I think it will be good for the club.

'I just told them to catch an easyJet!'

I think Terry meant a Flybe.

Perhaps Flybe dont do the route they needed to get here.

Yes Alex , infact maybe a message to Flybe that they need to increase their routes into Inverness, well maybe with the credit crunch perhaps not!!!