FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Russel Duncan (merged)

buckett

My initial view was that there had been contact and that Russell was making the most of it. TV replays clearly show that there was little or no contact and that he was cheating.

Russell is one of my favourite players his contributions often going unhearalded but his actions yesterday in trying to get a fellow professional wrongly sent off were a disgrace and are shameful both for himself and the club. In my opinion, having seen the TV replays, he was more deserving of a red card than Lionel.

Anyone who defends Russell must have a short memory.

Defending his selection in the team, or defending his 'simulation' yesterday? I can't see anybody doing the latter, except maybe Johnboy, & Stan who obviously has his tongue wedged in his cheek.

Hope Butcher drops him for it because to me Duncan's an absolute liability most of the time. Moans all the time, gives away posession far too easily and falls like a shot elephant at the most minimum contact you'll ever see.

Thought Kerr did a good job on Saturday and if Blacks fit i say they should be the starting pair between now and the end of the season.

Just listen to yourselves folks.

In one breath you say it's fine to cheat, even mandatory, if it means ICT can get a penalty and then in the same breath lambast Duncan for the same offence out in midfield. What on earth are youi talking about?

With that kind of reasoning we can no doubt expect you also to cheat when it seems to suit your purpose...hmmmm? :rotflmao:

Come off it boys, cheating is cheating and it is not related to integrity or good conduct.

Remember the saying.."watch out for treachery in others..... and in yourself"!

The BBC commentators seemed to think he was lucky not to be sent off at the time...

Dunno about that, it was certainly more justified than Lennon/Dargo, as at least contact was made. I too would like to think we are above that sort of sim, but then again, there is no reason why we should be. Wilson and Christie made a meal of most things.

As for diving in the box, all strikers have a go, some are just "down easy", whereas others are called cheats, it is really just a fine line. However, it is one thing getting a foul or penalty, and quite another trying to ruin a chap's livelihood.If you watch old film of George Best, you will see him ride tackles, like he had to finish whatt he started, tackles that would floor a striker today. Just a different game now.

But if you are going to do it, do it well.

Yeah it wasn't Russels best move ever was a bit stupid. I was more disgusted at our national team coaches (Pressley) blatant cheating and time wasting skills that he had. Some people might just say he was being clever and using experience but I think it's disgraceful. He even lost out on a challenge in the box once went down holding his head and waited for the ref to stop play then got up!

Bunch of dirty cheating twats the lot of them! Can't wait for our trip down there in the league!

Also did anybody else notice a Falkirk player throwing a punch in the melee of the Duncan incident? Don't know who it was but the ref was talking to Duncan at the time and missed it.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Can someone please tell me what Duncan brings to the ICT team? I don't think he's anything special myself.

Is it fair to single out and ridicule individual players ?

Everyone singles out and ridicules individual players because its a forum. People can agree or disagree with that person about the individual in question. People are only speaking out there opinions

He never cheats, his passing is always spot on, he never talks back to referees, his shooting is fantastic, he has a three year contract, he is handsome (for the ladies)..................on the down side, he is useless at breaking up play, he can't be relied upon to do the dirty work and he is hopeless at quiz competitions.

Guest CaleyJAGGIE

Not a big fan of Duncan and this sort of cheating doesn't help.

SPOT ON!!!!!! :rotflmao:

i agree. i prefer young iain viguirs at centre mid. but russel is good at defence duties