FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Russel Duncan (merged)

buckett

I noticed Russel Duncan going down like a ton of bricks this afternoon and clutching his face to imply he'd been head-butted in an attempt to get a player sent off.

Didn't look right to me, and Sportscene has just confirmed my suspicions.

It's not so easy to support players who blatantly cheat like that, and I have to say I'm very disappointed.

Let's not have any more of this sort of behaviour from our team!

:rotflmao:

Guest Muir-Jaggie

thats all he can do is fall over and cheat. For some reason he hasnt being playing himself so hopefully Terry will put him on the bench and let Vigurs/Mcbain or Kerr come in

like some of the bairns werent shot by the Army sniper in the north stand today. Who is the bigger cheat, as you cannot say they werent hoping to get an unfair advantage by extending the truth. Russel looked to get us back on a level pegging player wise, an unfortunately for the tv cameras the Falkirk player was milimetres short, still pushed Russel over though contact was chest height. Anyone prepared to say the Falkirk player didnt gain an advantage by out foxing and out witting Lionel D-Z, as he jamp both his feet of the ground at the same time. Is it ok because he won the penalty, I dont think it was actually. Russell I would have tried the same.

Aye, I've just seen the non-head butt incident on Sportscene and Russell was a very silly boy indeed.

:rotflmao:

Stupid and worse, very badly done. I have seen people walk for better. If he is going to do it do it well, otherwise dont bother.

Other than that, I thought he, like most of the others had a great game.

Duncan was obviously trying to get the numbers evened out. But yes it was blatant cheating, worse than Lennon.

But like diving for a penalty, we tend to find it justifiable when its our own player.

Barr approched Russel in an extremely threatening and menacing manner...

I didn't think he was about to ask him for his autograph...

If someone had come after me like that I would have been inclined to feign death or injury also.

Barr approched Russel in an extremely threatening and menacing manner...

I didn't think he was about to ask him for his autograph...

If someone had come after me like that I would have been inclined to feign death or injury also.

I disagree , ive always seen ICT as one of the more hard working honest teams , i was dissapointed when i saw highlights on Sportscene , i hope you were watching Russell cos yer man Pat nevine was right , you were very silly & dont do it again !! :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: ;)

Edited by Fanoffooty

From where i was sitting it looked like a head butt but after watching sportscene i was very dissapointed with his actions. Its not the kind of thing i like to see caley players doing. I think Duncan's a good player but there's no excuse for what he did.

It didn't even look like a headbutt yesterday. From the North Stand it looked like Barr just walked into him, then Russell fell like a sack of *****.

His acting is as bad as his passing. Get Kerr in alongside Blackie and let Russell spend some time on the bench. I often get the impression he thinks he's indispensible, time to remind him he's not.

An embarassing mistake from duncan, don't do it again or we'll get a reputation like hearts (cheats). Possibly did it in the heat of the moment and showing too much will to win in the wrong way, trying to get another pro sent off.

Then again, i seem to remmber an incident where pressly went down in their own box as we had a great chance, the ref stopped play and lo and behold he was alright. It happened twice, the second time he looked to be dead on the pitch, imrie said something to him he didn't like and before you could say 'get up you diving w*nker' he was up on his feet trying to thump doug. Miracle.

I have to say that I do get fed up with people slatting some of our players. What do we know? It is opinion, and I do think that Russell is excellent at breaking up opposition play. Sure he doesnt get the tackle and ball every time, but my god he doesnt do too bad really. Where his weakness can be is his distribution, and I sometimes think he is then too ambitious with his planned pass finding opponents feet or in the way. Maybe he should just win the ball and then keep it simple. personally I would rather he is in the team than not. However one thing I do know is that Steve Paterson, John Robertson, Charlie Christie, Craig Brewster and Terry Butcher all know more about players abilities and contributions than 'us' supporters, otherwise we would be earning a living out of the game. Every one of these superior football brains have played Russell week in week out. I know other teams have looked at Russell and considered bidding for him, Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts, Notts Forrest and Ipswich come to mind. So if he is such an indifferent player why do the managers pick him. My thoughts are that he is a players player, that s one that his fellow players appreciate being on the pitch as he has more strengths than we appreciate from the stands.

This reminds me of a quote I say in the programme last season when Iain Vigurs called Duncan the best player in the SPL! Oh how I laughed. But it is true that Duncan breaks up the play from the opposition......................then gives it straight back to them. Time to bench him, this poster says.

When you see a post from Renegade with Russell in the title you know what's coming. Just watched the highlights from yesterday and Russell can be ashamed of his conduct and his booking. Obviously Russell's not the best player in the SPL - Vigurs is like any other player: either getting carried away in an interview or misquoted.

However anybody suggesting Russell doesn't do a job for us, especially in away games, either doesn't go to many games or needs his head looked.

Anyone who defends Russell must have a short memory.

We rightly ridiculed Neil Lennon for his shameful acting which got Juanjo sent of at Pittodrie a few years back. Made even worse by our wee Spanish friend having started the gam on fire and also having flown his parents over especially for the game. Lennon deserved everything he got and so does Duncan.

No place for this pish in our team. Diving or feigning to get a pen is one think, this rubbish is another level and for what it's worth should be the subject of a ten match ban if it can be proven.

Grow up Russell!

Finnegan went down very easily to get not only a penalty - but to get Lionel sent off at the same time...

It was a feckin awful decision....Duncan must have felt as frustrated about it as I did.. he was only trying to even up the numbers... It is part of football FFS... it has been for a long time now, and it probably always will be...

The first thing you have to learn as striker is that if someone makes the slightest contact with you in the box then down you have to go...

And while we're on the subject of cheating... Let's not forget one of the finest goals ever scored in the history of the game...

Diego Maradonna outwitting Butcher and Shilton and England with the "Hand of God".. :rotflmao: :thumb04: