Team For Dons

Guest Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

My team would be

Esson

Hastings Pavels Munro Djebi-Zadi

Imrie Black Kerr Proctor

Morais and Foran

Subs:Fraser, Duff, Duncan, Rooney and Odhiambo.

I am hoping to annoy my best Friend and former boss by Caley winning.

I actually expect us to get a result with run of form Aberdeen are on and my prediction is 1-0 through Morais.

Edited by Mahonio

-------------------------esson-------------------

tokely--------mihadjuks-------munro--------mcbain--

------------------------duncan-----------------------

morais-------black---------------kerr-----------foran--

------------------------imrie--------------------------

Guest Mahonio

Just noticed a tiny mistake in my team (Hastings instead of Tokely).

I am surprised no one noticed.

Revised team

Esson

Tokely Mihadjuks Munro Djebi-Zadi

Imrie Black Kerr Proctor

Morais and Foran.

Although today was a good performance i do think we need to make changes

Esson

Tokely Munro Mihadjuks Gathuessi

Foran Black Kerr Vigurs

Imrie Morais

Subs: Fraser, Duff, Hastings, Duncan, Proctor, Odhiambo, Rooney

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Esson

Tokely Munro/Duff Mihadjuks Lionel/Hastings

Proctor Kerr Black Foran

Morais Imrie

Subs: Fraser, Duff, Mcbain, Rooney, Duncan, Wood, Odhiambo

I'd go with:

4-4-2 -

----------------------------------------Esson-----------------------------------------

---Gathuessi-------------Mihadjuks---------------------Duff------------Djebi-Zadi------

----Tokely-----------------Black-----------------------Vigurs------------Imrie---------

---------------------------Morais-----------------------Foran-------------------------

Subs - Fraser, Proctor, Kerr, Rooney, Barrowman, Hastings, Odhiambo

Or 3-5-2 -

---------------------------------------Esson------------------------------------------

-------------------Duff---------------Mihadjuks--------------Hastings-----------------

----------------------------Tokely------------------Black------------------------------

---Morais------------------------------Vigurs-------------------------------Imrie-------

-----------------------Rooney-----------------------Foran-----------------------------

Subs - Fraser, Proctor, Kerr, Djebi-Zadi, Odhiambo, Barrowman, Munro/Gathuessi

Esson

Tokely Munro Mihadjuks Djebi-Zadi

Morais Black Kerr Foran

Imrie Barrowman

Subs: Fraser, Duff, Proctor, Duncan, Hastings, Odhiambo, Rooney.

Two changes for me: Esson in for Fraser and Barrowman in for Proctor. I can see us using thelong ball a lot more on Saturday so I would have Barrowman up front to try and unsettle Diamond or possibly remaining unchanged (apart from in goals) with Foran up top with Morais and Imrie on the left.

Edited by Brew Army

I'd go for (although from Butcher I expect the same team except maybe Esson)

Esson

Tokely - Mihadjuks - Munro - Hastings

Proctor - Black - Kerr - McBain

Morais - Foran

Aberdeen tend to play down the flanks, with the Mulgrew/Aluko (if he plays on the wing and not as a striker) combination down the left the more dangerous. So, for that reason, I don't think a midfield defender like Duncan is needed. Instead, Proctor and McBain to neutralise the wing threats. Black and Kerr can scrap away in mid, with both Foran and Morais able to drop deep and collect the ball.

I'd normally like Imrie in on the left (or Morais) but a point away to a top 4 team will do us just fine. A bit more defensive but still we have goal threats.

Hastings in for Djebi-Zadi. If it's going to be Foster on the right-wing, maybe not the right choice but Hastings can still handle him. If it's Jamie Smith, DZ will get skinned, so going for the percentages. Munro still in there but only just.

Esson

Tokely, Mihadjuks, Munro, Djebi-Zadi

Proctor, Kerr, Black, Foran

Morais, Imrie

Fraser, Duff, Hastings, Vigurs, Odhiambo, Rooney, Barrowman

Who said:

''For instance, if we beat Inverness Caley Thistle on Saturday and Hearts lose to Celtic, the gap will close to four points and Hearts still have to come to Pittodrie.''

wee Jimmy Calderwood.

Well I think Barrowman might well ram those words where Langfield is forbidden to go.

--------------------------------------------------------esson--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------tokley------------------mihadjuks-------------------------gethsusi---------------------------Hastings---------------------

-------------------------------------------------------proctor------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------kerr------------------------------------black-----------------------------------------------foran---------------------

-----------------------------morais--------------------------------rooney--------------------------------------------------------

I think that we may need a little change for this game on saturday. For me Kerr and foran didn't do enough for me on saturday, I came away from that game with no positive things to say about the two players. They were not influential on that game whatsoever. I think we need Vigurs back in there, with his passing ability he could unleash morais so much more than we do when Vigurs isn't playing. So I would put him back in the team over Kerr/Foran without a doubt.

--------------------------------------------------------esson--------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------tokley------------------mihadjuks-------------------------gethsusi---------------------------Hastings---------------------

---------Proctor---------------------black-------------Vigurs---------------------Imirie---------------------

-----------------------------morais--------------------------------rooney--------------------------------------------------------

Edited by CaleyP

Kerr had a good game on saturday, and foran didn't have much of an opportunity to make a difference because of the change of tactics (instead of playing a long ball up front for him to chase, we played it to the feet of morais and imrie) even then he laid on a goal for filipe. Keep them both in the team, Vigurs is overrated, and we can run the risk of playing someone who has only 1/3 season's experience.

Kerr had a good game on saturday, and foran didn't have much of an opportunity to make a difference because of the change of tactics (instead of playing a long ball up front for him to chase, we played it to the feet of morais and imrie) even then he laid on a goal for filipe. Keep them both in the team, Vigurs is overrated, and we can run the risk of playing someone who has only 1/3 season's experience.

I would say kerr had a very quiet game on saturday, he didn't look for the ball enough, if your going to be a centre midfielder you have to be looking to get the ball all the time. his passing is probably on par with Duncan so that isn't saying a great deal. Anyway I hope that was just a quiet game for Kerr but as far as Foran is concerned he is technically a very poor player, no wonder he has been ditched by every club he's played for. You say he didn't have much a chance because the ball wasn't been hoofed up the park for him to chase...well if that is all he is good for then it's a player we can do without as when he had the ball to feet he was useless. Not going to get into the debate with you over Vigurs again as that was pointless last time. :rotflmao:

Edited by CaleyP

I'll join the debate then, Vigurs is not good enough yet. Foran has been our best player recently and Kerr did nothing wrong last week without being too flashy. Looks like he will be the one to replace Black next season should we stay up.

Come back to our planet soon.

as far as Foran is concerned he is technically a very poor player, no wonder he has been ditched by every club he's played for. You say he didn't have much a chance because the ball wasn't been hoofed up the park for him to chase...well if that is all he is good for then it's a player we can do without as when he had the ball to feet he was useless. Not going to get into the debate with you over Vigurs again as that was pointless last time. :rotflmao:

I take it you didn't notice his inch perfect pass to Morais for the second goal then?

Foran has been superb since we signed him.

Guest birdog

If it's not broken, don't fix it!!!

Whilst on this occasion you are right, in the sense that there is nothing wrong with the team and nothing needs to be done about it, that phrase is so wrong in life. You can run a mechanical item without maintenance but it's running life will be reduced dramatically however if you do a little bit of fixing by way of planned maintenance then the machine will run longer and smoother. Just another of those phrases which annoys me a little, like 24/7 and numerous others.

Rant over, return to your places of work or of rest now.

I'd hope to see:

Esson

Tokely Mihadjuks Duff McBain

Proctor Black Kerr Imrie

Rooney Foran

But we'll probably see:

Esson

Tokely Mihadjuks Munro Djebi-Zadi

Proctor Black Kerr Foran

Barrowman Imrie

I'll join the debate then, Vigurs is not good enough yet. Foran has been our best player recently and Kerr did nothing wrong last week without being too flashy. Looks like he will be the one to replace Black next season should we stay up.

Come back to our planet soon.

So let me get this right, your saying that Foran is a technically sound player? have you watched him pass a ball or even look up when he goes to pass, on saturday all he did was pass without looking up and most of the time it went straight to the opposition. These sort of players don't last, hence, every club he's played for has ditched him. Does that not tell you something no? ICT aren't going to stay up for long if they keep signing poor players.

Kerr on the other hand is technically a good player, however, he didn't do enough for me on saturday...poor blackie was knackered at the end of the game because he was doing all the running and looking for the ball all the time...Kerr wasn't doing this. Granted his pass to Morais was good but we were lucky we were playing st mirren and not a better team on saturday. If he is the one to replace blackie then I hope he raises his work rate double fold otherwise we are going to be left wanting in midfield next season especially if we stay up.

As for vigurs he was our best player along with black before butcher came in, he's a brilliant young talent. If he was played every week he would undoubtedly be our best midfielder. If you can't see that then you clearly aren't very good at picking out a good player.... We can't rely on duds from other clubs to do a job for us, if they (Foran) can't do it for those clubs they ain't going to do ot anywhere else. Wishful thinking my friend.

People are so quick to give praise when things are going their way, however, actually taking the time to analyse a player is different from just watching a team winning/losing/drawing a game.

I think it is you who needs to come back to our planet soon.