FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New Stadium

CaleyMad

I'm not really sure if this is a new or old topic but i heard from somebody that works in the gasboard that Highland Council has granted ICT permission to build a new staduim on unused land nearby the staduim.

This is due to a main gas line running passed the current staduim and would cost hundreds of thousands of pounds to divert it so it would be expensive to build another stand where tulloch caledonian staduim is today.

Anyone heard anymore information????

Guest Muir-Jaggie

We average just over 4k at home games, why would we need to build another stand, and why would we need to move?

I myself would rather move into the city

I'm reasonably happy with where we are but if it was a possibility i would be inclined to agree with Muir-Jaggie.

Move into the city.

I think he meant personally move to the city....

Where would you like the stadium to move to? its in the city just now...

Like i said, i'm reasonably happy where we are.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

I think he meant personally move to the city....

Where would you like the stadium to move to? its in the city just now...

Would love to move to the city get out of muir of ord :rotflmao:

What about bught park area???

I dont mind the stadium where it is but would rather it a wee bit closer in the city so we dont get the full force of that feckin wind of the sea

porkys ! I believe they said it could not be moved, its a high pressure main line ...... I would worry about a 4th stand when we can actually fill the three we have !!!

I take it you mean the bught, Mr. Tree?

I would have no problems with that and think it could be a brilliant site. Can't happen at the moment though road network/parking issues, canal bridge crossing required, etc, etc.

Our major shareholder has already selected where he wishes the new stadium to be built!

And who are we to argue with our savior who loves this club and only invested because he is such a big supporter :rotflmao:

I would be delighted wi the Bught. Could we not just build 3 more stands around the one thats already on the pitch there an lease it out when the close season to the shinty?

Would be ideal situ but unfortunately the Bught stand is of wood construction which would not meet the SPL safety standards.

The whole area is owned by the Common Good Fund so I would expect there would be a massive outcry if plans to relocate there surfaced. At the moment the club has a suitable home so any talk of plans to relocate would not only be unnecessary but untenable financially.

The whole area is owned by the Common Good Fund so I would expect there would be a massive outcry if plans to relocate there surfaced. At the moment the club has a suitable home so any talk of plans to relocate would not only be unnecessary but untenable financially.

Sorry Mr Sutherland :rotflmao:

I am happy enough with our stadium at the moment

Ok, it can be rather cold but that doesnt matter at surely the TCS gives us an advantage, with the wind blowing around the stadium that can help but the big teams off a little

Also, the roads around the TCS are good as it is easy to get out of the stadium except from the odd traffic difficulty but if we move to the bought park it was be a total diaster with the traffic unless they improved the roads around bought park it would be a horrific idea to move to the bought park area

If we moved to the Bucht theres no question that itd take alot longer to drive away form the ground after a match, but then we would adapt, as fans of other clubs have done over the years. Less would drive to games, more people would take advantage of the free buses, we would get used to adding 20 minutes onto journeys etc.

All said the Bucht thing will never happen..!

If we moved to the Bucht theres no question that itd take alot longer to drive away form the ground after a match, but then we would adapt, as fans of other clubs have done over the years. Less would drive to games, more people would take advantage of the free buses, we would get used to adding 20 minutes onto journeys etc.

All said the Bucht thing will never happen..!

Think about it as well, the local businesses would also benefit if it was decided that we move there then renovate the roads going in/out to the general area. The road inbetween the Ice Rink/Aquadome is far to narrow for my liking. Plus people could get buses/walk to the ground a heck of alot easier than where we are currently situated, thus also doing our bit foir the enviro

Don't want to shift now.

No need to bring the club into town - we won't have to wait too long before the town comes to TCS.

It's happening already - major developments all along Stadium Road.

Bucht, Bought, Bught - any other variations?

Can't see us ever moving to the Bught Park anyway - too many other people, groups and clubs are using it. It's an essential facility as it is.