FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

England Look The Business

culduthel

A pub team could beat Andorra (which was, basically, a pub anyway). Don't get too excited about England winning the World Cup. They haven't played anybody yet and their Qualifying Group hasn't exactly produced any great challenges. Yes, they have improved under Capello but I seriously don't think they will better a WC QF place - if that.

I hope England get to South Africa....then get humped 10-0 in every game! Hard to believe that in another year, its time for another World Cup Finals. Doesn't seem like 3 yrs since the last Finals

I find it hard to judge them as there are far too many wee teams in there group.

We will only know what there really like when they play Croatia.

A pub team could beat Andorra (which was, basically, a pub anyway). Don't get too excited about England winning the World Cup. They haven't played anybody yet and their Qualifying Group hasn't exactly produced any great challenges. Yes, they have improved under Capello but I seriously don't think they will better a WC QF place - if that.

Andorra is not so much a pub as a shopping mall, surrounded by mountains.

It's basically Aviemore.

Its a lot better than Aviemore. Beautiful scenery, good roads that get cleared in the winter, friendly people, even found a bar done out in tartan, and in the winter brilliant snow and night life and was really cheap when I was there. The local food is a mixture of French and Spanish(Catalan). Snails and Quails night was excellent.

It's basically Aviemore.

Its a lot better than Aviemore. Beautiful scenery, good roads that get cleared in the winter, friendly people, even found a bar done out in tartan, and in the winter brilliant snow and night life and was really cheap when I was there. The local food is a mixture of French and Spanish(Catalan). Snails and Quails night was excellent.

It is a small country, the people are friendly, so what if they can't play football against, highly overated / overpaeid players, at least they tried, but must admit it was painful watching

I also switched betweem Finland/ Russian\ game Arshavin was awesome should have been 6-0 to russia I think they are the team to watch

The only thing funnier than England being terrible and getting knocked out of a tournament is England having a great team and still getting knocked out.

Agreed. I'll never forget the time in the Euro 2004 match where England were 1 up on France until injury time when Zidane scored with that free kick and then a penalty to make it 2 - 1. B)

Clicky

Edited by TheresNoEsInBlack

It's basically Aviemore.

I didnt mean to be demeaning. We had a great few days walking, but the city did nothing for me, except it was the only place I've ever been where they actually talk to you in two languages. French and Spanish, one after the other, then move onto English when they find out your native tongue.

I've never had that problem abroad Gordy. We walk into a restaurant and I'm rehearsing away in my best Spanish/French how to ask for a table for two, and they just clock my peely-wally skin and speak in English.

Hate to say it but England are looking the business for winning the World Cup.

What a load of pish. Spain destroyed them 2-0 earlier this year.

Destroyed them 2-0 :018: Alot of teams get beat 2-0 but arent destroyed :lol:

Hate to say it but England are looking the business for winning the World Cup.

What a load of pish. Spain destroyed them 2-0 earlier this year.

Destroyed them 2-0 :018: Alot of teams get beat 2-0 but arent destroyed :lol:

You obviously missed the game.