FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who Would You Bring Back?

fraser

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That one against Hearts was a belter... but there were quite a few more and plenty of assists...

One thing he was good at was bringing out the best in those around him - when he was in the middle of the action on the pitch...

Pity he never managed to achieve that from the touchline.

Guest birdog

I thought that Brewster was superb as player/manager in ICT's first season in the SPL...

Only because he was on the pitch meaning that there were others on the sideline doing a good job from that point of view, this was shown when he went to Utd and started playing less and interfering managing more.

Off topic again- sorry.

THE 3 players we have struggled to replace most........fact!

Darren Dods

Craig Brewster

Mark Brown

I thought Ryan Esson was every bit as good as, if not better than Mark Brown - he could even save penalties...

Shame that Butcher seems to think he can manage without him.

THE 3 players we have struggled to replace most........fact!

Darren Dods

Craig Brewster

Mark Brown

I thought Ryan Esson was every bit as good as, if not better than Mark Brown - he could even save penalties...

Shame that Butcher seems to think he can manage without him.

Fair enough, although I do feel Brown was better. But Dods has NEVER been replaced, and i dont think we will ever be as fortunate to get a striker of Brews quality and experience unless we go down the player/manager route in the future.

Yes, good players have come and gone, and Brew was class. As a Manager, he wasnt good enough, and made some very strange decisions, but as a player, possibly our greatest EVER. Others were good servants, but in MUCH lower divisions, and why would we want them back in our fight to regain SPL status - im not including Robson, Black, Cowie, Niculae and Dargo in that statement, but others...and I include Wyness in this, wouldnt make us any better!

Would have to go for...

Our best ever defender, Ian McArthur

Our best ever midfielder, Barry Wilson

and our best ever striker, Paul Ritchie

Aye, right!

this is what's wrong with ICT, from the board right down to the support!

Best ever...

Our best ever players are those that were...gee, let me guess...the best players, not those that were around during memorable times!

Thats why this clubs 'jobs for the boys' policy is so wrong, on both a football and financial front, just because these guys were around at times of joy doesnt make them the best guys to move the club forward. I hate this opinion in football that prospective players and management should be chosen from previous 'heroes', CC, BW, JR etc etc etc, do you see these guys in demand at other clubs...no...and why i might add...because they are deemed not good enough...this is where we are so so so wrong!

Our best ever players are those who showed that they were better than ICT...Cowie, Black, Brew, Robson etc.

And for that matter, when the managerial job does come up, shouldnt we be competing to recruit the in-demand, talented guys, or will the usual happen on this site and we should ask for JR, CC or BW to be appointed, the guys nobody else would touch with a bargepole!!!!!!!

Guest birdog

Would have to go for...

Aye, right!

Best ever...

Our best ever players are those that were...gee, let me guess...the best players, not those that were around during memorable times!

Thats why this clubs 'jobs for the boys' policy is so wrong, on both a football and financial front, just because these guys were around at times of joy doesnt make them the best guys to move the club forward. I hate this opinion in football that prospective players and management should be chosen from previous 'heroes', CC, BW, JR etc etc etc, do you see these guys in demand at other clubs...no...and why i might add...because they are deemed not good enough...this is where we are so so so wrong!

Our best ever players are those who showed that they were better than ICT...Cowie, Black, Brew, Robson etc.

And for that matter, when the managerial job does come up, shouldnt we be competing to recruit the in-demand, talented guys, or will the usual happen on this site and we should ask for JR, CC or BW to be appointed, the guys nobody else would touch with a bargepole!!!!!!!

I thought this was just a nostalgia thread? Why don't you take the negativity to the disillusioned thread or one of a similar mood? There's no need to have all the threads making us feel down, feel free to carry on bringing the mood down, that is your choice, but be ready for CaleyD to jump on you for his inbox filling up with complaints about the mood of the forum.

Would have to go for...

Aye, right!

Best ever...

I thought this was just a nostalgia thread? Why don't you take the negativity to the disillusioned thread or one of a similar mood? There's no need to have all the threads making us feel down, feel free to carry on bringing the mood down, that is your choice, but be ready for CaleyD to jump on you for his inbox filling up with complaints about the mood of the forum.

Fair point. Duly noted. Apologies.

I just really worry for ICT at times, I look at other clubs and feel that we are very much in the dark ages....not just reliving old glories...which is fine...but assuming we will return to them if we 'stick by' our so-called heroes.

I was merely pointing out, in relation to this thread, that our greatest ever players should surely be the best players that have hallowed the turf, not the favourites!

Sorry if i have depressed anyone....but out of interest....does anyone agree with me?

Is that why Celtic chose to go for a former player? Is it not because they know the club?

Do you think that Don Cowie was one of our best ever players because he went to Watford? Alan Smart must be high up in your estimations, as he also went to Watford and got them into the Premiership. Don't see him on many popularity poles!

You talk about dark ages but how many big teams have kept on the services of "old favourites" just because of that reason?

Your rant and post is flawed! Sorry :party01:

Guest birdog

Is that why Celtic chose to go for a former player? Is it not because they know the club?

Do you think that Don Cowie was one of our best ever players because he went to Watford? Alan Smart must be high up in your estimations, as he also went to Watford and got them into the Premiership. Don't see him on many popularity poles!

You talk about dark ages but how many big teams have kept on the services of "old favourites" just because of that reason?

Your rant and post is flawed! Sorry :020:

Try looking here Mike, it would be nice to keep this as a cheery topic. Perhaps if the moderators wouldn't mind moving this to the "Living in the past" thread it would be appreciated. There is good reason to have depressing discussion but it would help the mood of the forum if it never entered every thread. (Sorry for the back seat moderating BTW, feel free to discipline me as you feel fit)

The only goal i can remember of brewsters was the come back game against Hearts were he scored the winner :rotflmao:

I remember against Killie a few years ago he hit an absolute beauty from about 25 yards and it flew into Combes top corner. Imo Brewsters best goal for us. As a player he was pivital.

Edited by ajsict92