FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Goalkeeper

Alex MacLeod

I'm so glad we got shot of the worst goalkeeper I have ever seen.

You must be quite young then?

Ever heard of Les Fridge?.... :P :019: :P

Would that be the same Les Fridge (full-time goalie) who played second fiddle to Jim "5 bellies" Calder (part-time goalie & full time builder)?

Edit: added that Jim was part-time vs full-time Les

Edited by 5thStand

Oh god. I remember him playing once. A cup game against Ayr and thanks to some awful goalkeeping we were 3-0 down at half time. We then made a fantastic comeback and won 4-3. So I suppose really he contributed to a very memorable game :rotflmao:

We signed him when we were promoted to the 2nd division as Jim wouldn't go full time with us.

He ended up warming the bench while Jim carried on writing his ICT legacy between the sticks!

Left to go to C*unty!

Not so sure about that. Calder and Fridge used to swap about quite often for quite a while IIRC. God knows why though as Fridge made Calder look like Schmeichel.

Do we have any news on the keeper front? Beginning to get a little concerned that we may be vulnerable.

Butcher was in paper (cant mind which one) saying it wasn't easy getting a keeper in with the funds we have available

Do we have any news on the keeper front? Beginning to get a little concerned that we may be vulnerable.

Butcher was in paper (cant mind which one) saying it wasn't easy getting a keeper in with the funds we have available

We'll prob sign up Greg Kelly. To be fair there isnt alot of keepers right now looking for a club who would do a job with us

My Montrose supporting mate really really rates Kelly, who was no.1 there last season for a bit. Best keeper in the division and was gutted when he left to rejoin St Johnstone.

Really glad to still have Esson on the books. If he stays fit and free of suspension then we'll do well this season.