FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Incident at Marriot hotel

Johnboy

Just driven along past the Fluke, golf club, etc and forced to turn right up Kingsmills Rd.

Marriot Hotel is surrounded by lots of police vehicles with flashing lights...

Anybody know what's happening?

Edited by Johnboy

Marriot Hotel

It's now The Kingsmills again... thank goodness. Pity the Caley, the Station, the Cummings and the Mercury haven't managed a similar return!

Thanks Charles, I get tired to telling people. I find it funny how when it was a Marriott people always refered to it as the Kingsmills. When it returns to the Kingsmills name it is refered to as the Marriott.

Aparently I had driving past just as this happened. The car in front of me watched the incident in his wing mirror. We were heading towards town and there was a motorbike travelling in the other direction - not going fast, but a child ran out of the gate at the end of Walker Park and right into the path of the bike. I would have stopped if I had been aware of it, but it was just a second after I had passed so I never saw anything.

MFR this morning reported both rider and pedestrian still undergoing treatment but injuries not though to be life threatening. Really horrible accident though. Hope they are both okay.