FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

watering hole in dundee

Stirling Observer

simples..wheres everybody going for the pre game beverage?

Was thinking the same. We're heading down on the train, so we'll be there sharp. Heilandee - Where should we head for a bit of pre match banter?

The last time I was down that way (Dundee United game when Blackie got the winner) I seem to recall we were invited along to the Dundee FC supporters club bar...not sure if that would apply tomorrow as it's Dundee we are playing this time. The time before that (Highland March ??) we used the Centenary Bar on the Clepington Road which was only a short walk from the ground. Not sure if that is still there or whether its still any good.

We are also heading 'up' on the train and should be in Dundee around 1.40pm The ground is 1.5 miles away from the station so we'll be getting a cab to whatever pub everyone is going to. Going to need a cab (or lift) back to the station after the game to stand a fair chance of actually getting home... B)

The last time I was down that way (Dundee United game when Blackie got the winner) I seem to recall we were invited along to the Dundee FC supporters club bar...not sure if that would apply tomorrow as it's Dundee we are playing this time. The time before that (Highland March ??) we used the Centenary Bar on the Clepington Road which was only a short walk from the ground. Not sure if that is still there or whether its still any good.

We are also heading 'up' on the train and should be in Dundee around 1.40pm The ground is 1.5 miles away from the station so we'll be getting a cab to whatever pub everyone is going to. Going to need a cab (or lift) back to the station after the game to stand a fair chance of actually getting home... B)

We're going by train too, but we'll be there about 12ish. Got an hour to get back to the station to catch the train after the game, so we should be okay. Look forward to seeing you tomorrow. x

Wullie Frews at the top of the hilltown, beside the Coldside roundabout. Quick stagger to Dens (downhill!) and a cracking pint of 80 bob. please remember your fan kit:

spade

fox costume

full bladder

c'mon the ICT

The Centenary certainly seems to be the one that rings a bell with me.

Outside chance I might get to the game tomorrow as I have a Chauffeur run to Edinburgh in the morning. If I can avoid getting any bookings for tomorrow night then I'll head over to Dundee instead of coming straight back up the road.

The Centenary certainly seems to be the one that rings a bell with me.

Outside chance I might get to the game tomorrow as I have a Chauffeur run to Edinburgh in the morning. If I can avoid getting any bookings for tomorrow night then I'll head over to Dundee instead of coming straight back up the road.

How many can you squeeze into your stretched limo for the run back to Sneck?

It's still there - I passed it a couple of hours ago, and saw some of the patrons exercising their human rights by stepping outside for a fag. I don't know if it's still any good - the last time I was there I could still have a fag without stepping outside.

We were at the Centenary both times last season. No ICT fans other than us. They usually have some deal that involves a vodka or whisky or rum somewhere, and for that reason I can't remember the details.