FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

David Proctor To Leave Next Week

ictchris

Today's P&J reports that we have turned down another bid from Dundee United for David Proctor, but Grassa stated that the two clubs are not far apart on valuation and they'd expect United to come back with a better offer next week which will see Proc head to Tayside.

It seems that we have probably seen the last of Proctor in a Caley shirt, good luck to him.  If we get a fair fee then I think it's a decent deal - we have cover in the right-back and right-midfield positions.  He did alright for us but I think he suffered from having Tokely in front of him for what is his best position.

This is why I didn't think that David Sutherland should have made his dramatic statement about us not selling any player to United - if United or anyone else make offers that match our valuation of course we will sell.

This is why I didn't think that David Sutherland should have made his dramatic statement about us not selling any player to United - if United or anyone else make offers that match our valuation of course we will sell.

If his statement has made the grocer come in with a higher bid then it was more than worth while to say what he did!!

Good luck to Bambi, cracking player, IMO he could have been a great player for us if he we didn't have so many options for the one position. 

Okay a couple of points.  Firstly I rate Proc as a player and a true professional.  He has a very mature attitude for such a young guy.  He always makes time to stop and chat if you see him out and about.  He has been very unlucky in an ICT shirt as every time it looks like he has a chance to break into the team something happens.  Dislocated his shoulder just as he was getting a bit more 1st team action and more recently the fact that Rossco recovered so quickly from his pre season injury.  He is desperate to play football and we have to accept that.  Coming from Edinburgh this will take him closer to home.

As for the chairman's statement - read this bit carefully::

"For avoidance of all doubt, and to make any future media leaks futile, we will not be doing transfer business with Dundee United in relation to players who are important to our manager's plans. End of story."

As we have quite a bit of cover in his position we can probably afford to let him go.  I just hope we don't live to regret this decision.  He is a quality player who can play in a number of positions.

My only real worry about this is that he is going to go to a club that may be bigger in a lot of ways, but they are struggling on the park.  He will either help them turn around their current form or alternatively their dire track record continues and he is brought down to their level. 

At the end of the day Proc wants to play football, so I thank him for his time with us (especially for the goal against the Hibbees) and wish him all the very best for the future. That's if a fee is agreed next week, which looks likely.

Good luck Proc.

And from TODAYS' herald:

Christie has played down suggestions a deal has been done which will see defender David Proctor sign for Dundee United.

Craig Brewster has already seen three attempts to sign the right-back fail this summer.

However, Christie insists the 22-year-old remains a firm part of his first-team plans.

He said: "I have heard absolutely nothing about this from my board or from Dundee United and David is a part of my squad and plans for this season."

:010: :010:

Nice lad but IMO he is not yet good enough to play regular prem league. As has been said, he is most unlikely to be a first choice with us which would further delay his development. Good luck to him and if we get £30k+ for him well done Grassa.

Guest Caleycasual

If procter really goes for 80k i reckon everyone will be happy with that! it will also free up cash and wages for one or two more signings which will only strengthen the team further!

The bid for Proctor that we rejected was 30K bit of a leap from the 80k quoted at random above.

Our DoF said the money offered and the bid received was quite close. Therefore I reckon £35-40k tops