FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Aberdeen V ICT - 1:1 final score

kencar

I think this is the team they read out on Radio Scotland...

Brown

Tokely - Dods - Munro - Hastings

Wilson - Black - McBain - Rankin

Dargo - Wyness

Golabek out of the squad altogether

Title edited by LG to update scoreline

That's a very well balanced team!!  Looks like CC read the riot act and has made the changes that were needed, I'm expecting a much better performance today, Tokley and Hastings will hopefully give us a more reliable defence.  Bit surprised Duncan has been dropped but McBain is more than capable of doing  job in the centre or out left :006:

coom on ICT we need a big performance today!!

Happy with the team.  They all know that they have to be at their best, as we have plenty cover.  Let's get this Aberdeen Hoo Doo off our backs today and take all 3 points

Yup, out in Singapore and it's the first time I've been caught out by the BBC's "only available to listeners in the UK" policy!  Making do with 2 min updates on the beebs website but it's worse than bloody teletext!

Let's finally put Aberdeen to bed then....

Guest kingkojak

thank feck for that - had to nip oot and missed the end - huge sigh of relief that we rescued a point  :clapping04:

Just back from Le Pub - cracking day shame the football was a bit poor.

First off a big well done to Callum Murray for yet again displaying a completely inept performance as 'referee' for this game. If we have Dougie MacDonald next week that will be ICT playing their first 3 games with Scotland’s 3 worst referees.

I'll get to his decisions in a minute but the game itself started well for ICT. Wyness latched onto a clever through ball and tested Langfield with a good shot. Aberdeen were creating chances too with Smith playing well on the left (quite what he was doing there when a natural winger in Clark was sitting in the centre of midfield only Calderwood will know)  :017:

Already Murray was making some shocking decisions and he gave Aberdeen a free kick that never was that led to their opener. A 'foul' on the left allowed Aberdeen to play the ball across the pitch to Foster, who apparently gets a fair bit of stick from the Aberdeen fans but played okay today, and he threaded through a lovely pass to Crawford who left Dods (  :008: ) asleep at the edge of the area and he calmly slid the ball past Brown to put the Dons one up.

Aberdeen became the more attacking force in the remainder of the first half but McBain had a nice chance to equalise but like Wyness before him, he was only able to test Langfield. Nicholson and Smith then had chances from free kicks but brown was equal to the task. We went in one down and were being bombarded by seagulls in the stand  :015:

Into the second half and ICT started to get more of the ball as Aberdeen went defensive. Note to Fat Jimmy - this is the kind of play that you say stops Aberdeen from playing so quite why you went 4 - 5 - 1 with about 15 minutes left only you will know  :006:

We then had a fantastic chance to draw level. I'm not sure how it got to him but Dargo (thought I thought it was Rankin) appeared with the ball in the penalty area with only the keeper to beat but he ballooned it over the bar. How he missed I have no idea!  :007:

Still we kept pressing and in the final minute of normal time we got the equaliser. Hastings hung a ball up into the penalty area and Bayne went for it with Langfield and Byrne. Langfield fell in a heap and I expected Murray to blow for a foul - it was one of those challenges that gets the Keeper a free kick even though there was no foul there. To my surprise Murray waved play on and Wilson was on hand to fire the ball into the net and send the Away fans into hysterics  :001:

Now we get to Murray  :006: Craig Dargo was fouled by Anderson by Murray gave nothing, Dargo had a nibble at his ankles and felled Anderson who got up and appeared to shove Dargo away while players from both sides piled in. The result was a yellow for both Anderson and Dargo. Then came the real shocker. As Dargo skipped along the left wing he was sent crashing into the stand by Foster in a straight red challenge. No intention to play the ball. He went flying into Dargo, studs first and sliced right through him. Murray’s decision - yellow card  :006: It was a red card - no doubt about it. How he didn't send him off just proves how inept this guy really is. Another shocker from Scotland’s worst whistler  :006:

Couple of other points - Away support a bit down on the usual. Maybe 500 I thought maximum.

Callum Murray is pish.

Aberdeens ticket machines are pretty fancy but seems a bit odd having someone there to give you the ticket and then show you how to put it in the machine.

Callum Murray is pish.

A nice big GIRUY to the people who left early and missed our goal. Quite why they left with 1 minute to go I have no idea but you can't say anything about leaving the ground early to get home early. They'll get stuck in traffic regardless of when they leave. Especially if it is only a difference of 2 minutes.

Callum Murray is pish.

Dods was poor again. A shadow of the 'Machine' he was from last season. If his heart is no longer in it for ICT then get rid of him now!

Callum Murray is pish.

Then came the real shocker. As Dargo skipped along the left wing he was sent crashing into the stand by Foster in a straight red challenge. No intention to play the ball. He went flying into Dargo, studs first and sliced right through him. Murray’s decision - yellow card  It was a red card - no doubt about it.

Radio commentarors describe it exactly as RiG does. Foster should have been off.

Barry was Radio Scotland MoM for the workrate he put in and his efforts to get the team going. Well done Barry. Maybe here is where the captaincy lies.

Just back from the game, have to say RiG's report is pretty much spot on.  Callum Murray is a total muppet.  That equalizer was so sweet, the Aberdeen fans went mental, thinking it was a foul (BBC report suggests it was just a goalkeeping blunder).  I totally agree about Foster's challenge on Dargo, it's a complete travesty that he wasn't sent off.  On the other hand, I thought Dargs was lucky only to get a yellow for flattening Anderson - less a nibble and more a bite!

Anyway, we didn't do a lot wrong today and deserved the point.  One man who deserves a lot of credit today is Grant Munro, who I thought was absolutely outstanding.

Given the level of protection afforded to Keepers these days I thought that Murray would blow for a foul. It definately looked like a fair challenge but it was one of those ones that gets pulled up for a foul for no apparent reason.

After reading the BBC report and the Evening Express however it seems that what happened is this;

Hastings launched the ball in, Langfield came for it and collided with Byrne and then fell over. The ball then bounced off Byrne into the path of Wilson who made it 1 - 1  :015:

I told everyone at the game as soon as Dempsey came on we would have a chance what with 2 of the worst players in Scottish football on the same pitch for Aberdeen - I love being right  :001: