FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Raith -V- ICT : matchnight thread

Scotty

Whats ur problem with Rooney ? Only for him last night we would not have got the goal. The only problem Rooney has is not getting enough time on the pitch.

No problem with Rooney. It may well be a confidence thing. I just felt, watching him last night, that when he broke through the defence on a couple of occassions he ran out of idea's and wasn't sure what to do next. You are probably right about pitch time. I would love for the guy to be a regular scorer and I'm not slating his ability to be such. Just noting a psychological block.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really is totally feckin' weird the way our guys play away from home....

All the regular home supporters should stay away on Saturday, and offer to pay for the central belt folks to make the trip up here.

Or, and this is totally out of the blue, the Home support actually support the team instead of booing them after one mistake? Getting behind the team can work wonders but unfortunately the Home crowd prefer to chastise and berate our players instead of actually getting behind them.

That's exactly the reason.

I thought that we just deserved the 3 points. The first half was a non event. Both sides could and probably should have had penalties and the Raith number 9 was extremely unlucky to get booked for diving so we got off with that. We started creating more chances in the second half as were Raith and you could see that both teams wanted the 3 points and nobody would be holding back

The turning point in the match for me was when Dani Sanchez came on. It was as if somebody had flipped a switch. All of a sudden we were getting the ball played into feet and Sanchez was always in acres of space and he was spreading the play excellantly. I do agree with what somebody else said in an earlier post about him needing to be a bit more aggresssive. He dosent seem to want to attack the ball. He will wait for the ball to come to him. He was my Man of the Match. Thats how impressed I was with him.

Rooney made the goal. He did brilliantly to hold of the last defender and showed the sort of passion we need as he didnt give up when the keeper looked like he was going to pick the ball up. He got what he deserved when proctor stroked the ball home. It just shows that if you give that little bit extra you can gain so much more.

Raith had some very good chances as well and Esson made at least 2 good saves to keep us level and in front. Bulvitis was all over the place. He dosent seem to know where he should be on the pitch. I reckon if there were stonger opposing attackers on the pitch he could have cost us a few goals.

After the goal Raith were pushing everyone forward and we had a couple of delightful counter attacks but we could make sure of the win.

It was not the most pleasing on the eye but we got the 3 points and that is what we desperatly needed. We just need to start grinding out results at home now. Please please please beat Dunfermline of saturday

I thought that we just deserved the 3 points. The first half was a non event. Both sides could and probably should have had penalties and the Raith number 9 was extremely unlucky to get booked for diving so we got off with that. We started creating more chances in the second half as were Raith and you could see that both teams wanted the 3 points and nobody would be holding back

The turning point in the match for me was when Dani Sanchez came on. It was as if somebody had flipped a switch. All of a sudden we were getting the ball played into feet and Sanchez was always in acres of space and he was spreading the play excellantly. I do agree with what somebody else said in an earlier post about him needing to be a bit more aggresssive. He dosent seem to want to attack the ball. He will wait for the ball to come to him. He was my Man of the Match. Thats how impressed I was with him.

Rooney made the goal. He did brilliantly to hold of the last defender and showed the sort of passion we need as he didnt give up when the keeper looked like he was going to pick the ball up. He got what he deserved when proctor stroked the ball home. It just shows that if you give that little bit extra you can gain so much more.

Raith had some very good chances as well and Esson made at least 2 good saves to keep us level and in front. Bulvitis was all over the place. He dosent seem to know where he should be on the pitch. I reckon if there were stonger opposing attackers on the pitch he could have cost us a few goals.

After the goal Raith were pushing everyone forward and we had a couple of delightful counter attacks but we could make sure of the win.

It was not the most pleasing on the eye but we got the 3 points and that is what we desperatly needed. We just need to start grinding out results at home now. Please please please beat Dunfermline of saturday

Pretty much exactly how I saw the game.

A few other things I noticed:

• Golly has forgotten how to pass the ball. He had some terrible passes which went straight to opposition players or right out of play. Wasn't impressed at all.
  • Munro had a very solid game, mopping up a lot of the mistakes that the likes of Bulvetis and Golly were making.
  • Hayes was again very dangerous on the ball and willing to chase back when the opposition were attacking. Really glad to have him in the team.
  • We were very very lucky not to concede a penalty when Russell 'dived'. I thought there was definite contact.
  • Despite scoring, Proctor offers absolutely nothing going forward. He'd chicken out of running forward with the ball or taking on his man. which resulted in losing possession all too often.
  • We need to practice the art of taking throw-ins quickly. I've never seen 2 teams take soooo... long to take a throw!! Time and time again!

Very happy with the 3 points, and delighted that the first game I took the new missus to had a goal and subsequent win :huh:

It is something that i think needs to be addressed in January. We need a natrual right winger. Although courtesy of Count Niculae we will probably have to offload a few.

. Although courtesy of Count Niculae we will probably have to offload a few.

One thing that obviously needs made clear to you, when Marius joined ICT he didn't award the contact to himself the club gave it to him

Nothing needs to be made clear to me thanks. I'm well aware of how it works. But whatever way it looks it leaves us oweing a player money we don't have.

Marius is due his cash, no argument there. But this should have all been settled 18 months ago when we sold him and not now when we barely have 2 pennys to rub together.

I didnt think there was any point in starting a new thread for this but Ayr have come from 2 -0 down to make it 2-2 with 4 minutes plus added time still to play

Looks like these midweek fixtures have helped us a hell of a lot

forgot to mention they are playing dundee for those of you who didnt know

Edited by jaggie1994

I didnt think there was any point in starting a new thread for this but Ayr have come from 2 -0 down to make it 2-2 with 4 minutes plus added time still to play

Looks like these midweek fixtures have helped us a hell of a lot

forgot to mention they are playing dundee for those of you who didnt know

I've just been browsing through the Dundee fc forum and not many of their supporters seem confident their team can gain promotion.

Oh no!

(Back on topic then)

Was Proctor any good in midfield?

I thought he was very poor. Contributed nothing going forward or defending in the first half; struggling to even get a touch of the ball. In the second half he was more heavily involved, but still struggled to beat his man; instead letting Rossco make the forward runs.

Would much rather the likes of Imrie or Hayes playing there.

Oh no!

(Back on topic then)

Was Proctor any good in midfield?

I thought he was very poor. Contributed nothing going forward or defending in the first half; struggling to even get a touch of the ball. In the second half he was more heavily involved, but still struggled to beat his man; instead letting Rossco make the forward runs.

Would much rather the likes of Imrie or Hayes playing there.

Well Ross P were u away getting a pie when he flicked it over the defenders head and picked a pass or got in behind the defence and fizzed the ball across the goal for hayes to tap in if he wasn't hiding behind his marker, or the time he used his pace to disposses his opponent during a dangerous counter attack.

Were u away getting a bovril when he tucked in to central mid (around 5 times) when the ball was on the opposite wing to time a tackle and regain possession for the team. without doing that Raith would have had a few more chances.

Finally it was his stamina that allowed him to support Rooney and score the goal.

Excellent link - thanks for that CS - I think it needs its own page as many like myself overseas may miss it amongst the match thread - thought I might not see much ICT action this season at all. In fact in my short visit home this year since the season started I only managed to see County get beat by Dundee United....therefore wasn't a completely wasted trip on the football front....oh and a visit to the ICT club shop to try and bolster their much needed coffers....anyway I digress

Cheers again for that :019:

PS - both teams appeared to have quite a few scoring opportunities

Edited by Tichy_Blacks_Back

Excellent link - thanks for that CS - I think it needs its own page as many like myself overseas may miss it amongst the match thread - thought I might not see much ICT action this season at all. In fact in my short visit home this year since the season started I only managed to see County get beat by Dundee United....therefore wasn't a completely wasted trip on the football front....oh and a visit to the ICT club shop to try and bolster their much needed coffers....anyway I digress

Cheers again for that :021:

PS - both teams appeared to have quite a few scoring opportunities

Agree with TBB totally - very hard to get decent coverage out here in the Gulf. The clip off the RR website although brief showed both sides had a number of chances. Nice to see a win though. :lol: Thanks CS.

VPN normally works well when there is coverage to be heard.