FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Adam Rooney

Doofer

In the league this season Rooney has scored once every 164 minutes. If Rooney played 90 minutes of every game and scored at that same goal/minute rate he'd score 19 goals a season. However, that's a bit of a false statistic because he has only started two games - the small sample size is skewing the figures. For example, Derek Holmes is leading goalscorer in the First Division but if you take his goal/minute ratio then it's much the same as Rooney's. this is only because Holmes has played the full 90 minutes most weeks.

Get yer calculator out Chris !!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Rooney - at least today you have shown what you are capable of given the chance. I also think Foran and Rooney play well together - Dougie gave in some good crosses today and well done to the team and the management.

At least now we are winning against weaker teams which we were doing up to this. So roll on the good times and get top of the league

Always knew this boy had claSS

Agree with ICT Chris's summing up and I reserve judgement. But praise where praise is due for today's performance and hope it all continues for him and ICT.

Doofer's Dad has replaced the Scarlet one as the resident psychic for his amazing predictions.

Georgeios I see your point about Rooney's pace versus power . However, if he distributes the ball with his brain in swift gear, then does he need a lot of power? Only if he is up front alone without support.Then he has to try for goal.

But, you iknow, if Terry has really switched his policy from trembling defensive formations and tactics to attack,

then he has made a bold and decisive decision at the dead right time.--(a) before the rot really gets set-in and (:blink:

when the players need t0o gain in confidence and also for them to really start enjoying playing football in the colours of Caley Thistle.

So ,for the time being at least, I hereby dub thee, Terry Butcher, "the gay cavalier". :rolleyes:

I am undecided on him. I think he could be good but hes not found it yet.

Hows about now?? :lol:

I was never sure of Rooney some weeks he was good some he was sh*t but after the last 2 games i think he should be starting every game. Well done ROONEY

I don't know what the hell Butcher means by that. I've barely seen ICT this season but Barrowman certainly lacked confidence last season and didn't always work very hard for the team either. Very surprised Barrowman's being mentioned at all in fact. I can only presume that his legendary confidence HAS fallen and this is a way of boosting it.

Adam Rooney = Kris Boyd of the SFL. He might not be the complete player and miss a few but he will get goals and that's all that matters.

It says on the team info section of this website that adam rooney is the 3rd highest goal scorer so far this season in all competition with 4 goals, he is behind foran with 7 and sanchez with 5. Considering rooney has only started 4 of these games and the other 2 are in double figures for starts, i think that is very impressive. He should be starting every game in my opinion, he has bags of goals in him.

TB obviosly looks on these threads, and listens to them too!

Well done rooney

I think that to, i dont really like him as a player but thats not to say he cant score with the right plays, ive said it before and ill say it again, hes a scavanger striker picking up lose balls, he did really well in pre season doing just that, picking up balls from Forans shots gone or deflected....

I felt bad for Barrowman yesterday. He was in the now familiar position of spending 80 minutes warming up. The big difference though yesterday was the guy thats normally warming up with him was on the pitch scoring a hat-trick. Did anyone clock his miss at the very end of the game? It would have been brilliant if he had scored that. It's hard to see when he's going to start if Foran, Sanchez, Rooney, Imrie and Eric are all fit.