FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

A proposed solution

Northern_jaggie

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great feedback CaleyD, glad folk are at least considering it and not writing it off. I didnt want to offend anyone who is loyal to thier seat might i add. Some great replies about getting in touch with the club but its always going to be a complex issue - it would take someone in significant power with thier head fully screwed on to organise something like this!

Cant actually wait for the partick game, five mins up the road after a couple of bevvys. MON THE JAGS!

my personal opinion would be that if you gathered a load of signatures from fans who want to be part of a singing section, the club could as of next season(too late to do it this season) could cordon off Section's E & F(or G) for these fans(numbers permitting). That way the singers can get their seats together.

The other reason for starting next season is that this gives the club time to send out letters to the season ticket holders in these sections warning them that these sections wil be allocated for noisy supporters who want to sing and shout. If they are happy to sit there then they can renew their tickets there, but they may want to move out of those sections. Atleast the clubhas warned these fans to expect singing from the people round them instead of the usual moaning and groaning.

Good thread here.

Excellent idea. I and partner sit in section F and would be happy with this.

my personal opinion would be that if you gathered a load of signatures from fans who want to be part of a singing section, the club could as of next season(too late to do it this season) could cordon off Section's E & F(or G) for these fans(numbers permitting). That way the singers can get their seats together. The other reason for starting next season is that this gives the club time to send out letters to the season ticket holders in these sections warning them that these sections wil be allocated for noisy supporters who want to sing and shout. If they are happy to sit there then they can renew their tickets there, but they may want to move out of those sections. Atleast the clubhas warned these fans to expect singing from the people round them instead of the usual moaning and groaning.

Good thread here.

Excellent idea. I and partner sit in section F and would be happy with this.

I have t agree. This would be brilliant. Anybody going to actually start it up?

IMO CaleyD or someone connected to the club in some manner would be better making the case to the club before getting names just to see if the idea can get off the ground.

edit: i actually was going to do something like this for this season but with work and football i didnt have the time to set it up of get it in motion in time.

Edited by caleykid1994

my personal opinion would be that if you gathered a load of signatures from fans who want to be part of a singing section, the club could as of next season(too late to do it this season) could cordon off Section's E & F(or G) for these fans(numbers permitting). That way the singers can get their seats together.

The other reason for starting next season is that this gives the club time to send out letters to the season ticket holders in these sections warning them that these sections wil be allocated for noisy supporters who want to sing and shout. If they are happy to sit there then they can renew their tickets there, but they may want to move out of those sections. Atleast the clubhas warned these fans to expect singing from the people round them instead of the usual moaning and groaning.

Good thread here.

I sit in Section E and have no problem with this suggestion.

Edited by old caley girl

I would say this is a very good thread.

If the fans could:

- set up a ICT Choir Group

- Submit to the club the numbers in said group

- discuss the possibility of musical instruments

- work with police, stewards, club to allow instruments, etc

- agree on some basic dos and dont's

- take requests, do rehearsals etc

If the club could:

- give 10% discount to this group

- allow them to use drums, bagpipes, etc

- allow them to store banners, instruments, etc at the club

- allow them a free hospitality day once a season

then i think you would get a very good response. I am unclear about SFL rules on instruments etc. It is unfair to ask people to do something without a little in return (i would never join as I am both overseas and too quiet, but realise that those who make the effort should get something in return)

Would the club make an offer of 10% discounts, storage, support and a free hospitality day in return for the co-operation and effort of a section of the support?

I thought we had a singing section , what ever happened to it ?

Couldnt use it under SPL rules and apparently there was some ruckus at the Arbroath Cup game?

I still reckon that should be removed and turned back in to terracing where we could get a wee singsong on the go..

That was looked at, but the old terracing was concreted over to make it suitable for the addition of the seats and the "steps" are now too high/steep to pass muster for use as terracing. To change it back would not make any financial sense.

That was looked at, but the old terracing was concreted over to make it suitable for the addition of the seats and the "steps" are now too high/steep to pass muster for use as terracing. To change it back would not make any financial sense.

Could the club not enlist a building firm to change it, even for a bit of advertising space? Let's face it - we need as many fans as we can muster. And the players appreciate a bit of signing. Or to have the singing / terracing area named after them? I reckon this would be a big pull to games. I for one went to Ayr with terracing in mind and county, although we all go to that one regardless. The club could fleabay the seats to raise the cash?

Edited by Top Six Next Year

Could the club not enlist a building firm to change it, even for a bit of advertising space? Let's face it - we need as many fans as we can muster. And the players appreciate a bit of signing. Or to have the singing / terracing area named after them? I reckon this would be a big pull to games. I for one went to Ayr with terracing in mind and county, although we all go to that one regardless. The club could fleabay the seats to raise the cash?

Enlist a building firm? Perhaps not. I think that enlisting a recruitment firm (preferably in January) would be a better idea, to fill the quiet areas with fans who would be delighted about the investment on the field (as opposed to concrete) paying off. Seriously, better product + more fans = better atmosphere.

You have to think longer term. Yes, you could rip out what is there and put terracing back, but what happens when we get back to the SPL? Is someone really going to want to invest in a structure which would then be sitting empty because it can't be used?

Honestly, forget about any idea of converting that area back to terracing because it's not going to happen. It would be a short term solution to a long term problem, and we've had enough of those kinds of decisions crippling this club.

The best that can be hoped for at some point for that area....and assuming someone can be found to foot the bill....is the addition of a roof.

Supporters Trust have another meeting with Darren tomorrow and I will see if we are any further along with the proposal we put to them, or if I can get agreement to share some more of the details.

You have to think longer term. Yes, you could rip out what is there and put terracing back, but what happens when we get back to the SPL? Is someone really going to want to invest in a structure which would then be sitting empty because it can't be used?

Honestly, forget about any idea of converting that area back to terracing because it's not going to happen. It would be a short term solution to a long term problem, and we've had enough of those kinds of decisions crippling this club.

The best that can be hoped for at some point for that area....and assuming someone can be found to foot the bill....is the addition of a roof.

Supporters Trust have another meeting with Darren tomorrow and I will see if we are any further along with the proposal we put to them, or if I can get agreement to share some more of the details.

Terracing, banter, pie in one hand, bovril in the other... Pissing it down with rain and Caley winning...

My ideal Saturday IMHO.

Good news is that the Club Board have not dismissed the Trusts proposal as being out of hand or ridiculous...and some of the input and comments from this thread have added a bit of weight to things.

The not so good news is that no final decision has been made yet.....still, better a little bit of waiting for the right decision than no waiting for the wrong one.

Good news is that the Club Board have not dismissed the Trusts proposal as being out of hand or ridiculous...and some of the input and comments from this thread have added a bit of weight to things.

The not so good news is that no final decision has been made yet.....still, better a little bit of waiting for the right decision than no waiting for the wrong one.

What are you talking about! We have had the best result in years! We have actually got the board thinking about something that will make the fans feel better at home games! :P :011: