FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Butcher to Dundee United?

Guest Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

I was wondering if any ICT fans think Terry Butcher MAY be on Dundee United's managerial shortlist when Levein leaves them tomorrow to take over national job?

Please don't slate me here, like some did on a previous post i made regarding Butcher, because United may see him as a contender as may be the case with Mo Malpas as well.

Thoughts.

Can't see it somehow.

I'd put my money on Derek McInnes. Given both his success with St Johnstone and his history with Uniyed.

Edited by ajsict92

Guest Mahonio

Why do you keep making these threads? There is nil chance he'll even be linked with the job. Dundee United have far more sense than to sign a managerial failure.

If thats the what your reply is then i am not EVER going to start anymore ;) :D

READ What i said, i don't want slated and ignored that so i give up :lol:

I don't think anyone really cares if you keep making these "rumour" threads or not. First of all, it isn't a rumour. Why is it in the "Rumour Mill"? If anything it should be in General Nonsense because talking of Butcher going to any of these clubs is quiet simply nonsense. Butcher will not be going to Plymouth, he will also not be going to Dundee United. Why is it you automatically think Butcher is going to be linked with every club under the sun that's manager leaves? These threads are quiet simply, non starters.

Guest Mahonio

I don't think anyone really cares if you keep making these "rumour" threads or not. First of all, it isn't a rumour. Why is it in the "Rumour Mill"? If anything it should be in General Nonsense because talking of Butcher going to any of these clubs is quiet simply nonsense. Butcher will not be going to Plymouth, he will also not be going to Dundee United. Why is it you automatically think Butcher is going to be linked with every club under the sun that's manager leaves? These threads are quiet simply, non starters.

Not neccecarily. I bet you would have said the same about Brewster to Dundee United or Robbo going to Hearts?

Do you know Thompson personally or something because for all you know ST may think Butcher has done a good job at us and i just expect Butcher to be linked with any "BIG CLUB" so i am just giving up on explaining to you.

By the way that is 2 post slating me when i asked for NONE and it annoys me frankly :lol: .

Not neccecarily. I bet you would have said the same about Brewster to Dundee United or Robbo going to Hearts?

Eh no, they were far more likely.

Do you know Thompson personally or something because for all you know ST may think Butcher has done a good job at us

I can't say I do know the man, but I highly doubt he thinks Butcher has done a good job and wouldn't be stupid enough to employ such a managerial disaster.

and i just expect Butcher to be linked with any "BIG CLUB"

So would you expect Butcher to be linked with the Chelsea and Barcelona jobs the next time they come up? After all, Butcher is a big footballing name, but he won't be linked with any of these clubs, because none of these clubs would not be stupid enough to even consider Butcher for any managerial job with a record like what he has.

so i am just giving up on explaining to you. By the way that is 2 post slating me when i asked for NONE and it annoys me frankly :lol: .

Oh boo hoo

Guest Mahonio

Eh no, they were far more likely.

Do you know Thompson personally or something because for all you know ST may think Butcher has done a good job at us

I can't say I do know the man, but I highly doubt he thinks Butcher has done a good job and wouldn't be stupid enough to employ such a managerial disaster.

and i just expect Butcher to be linked with any "BIG CLUB"

So would you expect Butcher to be linked with the Chelsea and Barcelona jobs the next time they come up? After all, Butcher is a big footballing name, but he won't be linked with any of these clubs, because none of these clubs would not be stupid enough to even consider Butcher for any managerial job with a record like what he has.

so i am just giving up on explaining to you. By the way that is 2 post slating me when i asked for NONE and it annoys me frankly :lol: .

Oh boo hoo

I was willing to let you off but the bit in bold changed my minds so i am going to sort this out with Mods because the bold bit, in my opinion, is an insult.

Sorry but it had to be done and ok i get the point, Butch won't be leaving anytime soon ok.

Guest Mahonio

Oh no, not the scary mods! :lol:

Are you going to apologise or not and it may not be a "dreadful insult" but it is a insult as is slating me and i don't understand why you don't apologise and then we can forget all about it, the ball is in your court.

Guest Mahonio

Oh for heaven's sake, it's all forum banter. There's no malicious intent. If I reported every post that "insulted" me, I reporting posts every second day.

Why, some or most of your posts are well thought about and entertaining, some people eh :lol::lol::lol: ?

Oh, i forgive you as its Christmas :D :D

I don't think the Utd board would countenance the idea, but it's a reasonable thread because I wouldn't be surprised if Butcher and Malpas put in an application. Malpas obviously has legendary status there as a player; Butcher was there as a coach a few years back; and they can point to reasonable success with Motherwell in the SPL.

I wonder if Calderwood and Nicholl might be given the job? I don't think they would be very popular appointments among the Utd supporters, but they had a decent record at Aberdeen and there wouldn't be any contracts to pay off.