FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Most improved player

12th Man

Gotta be Bully, at the start of the season he was getting compared very unfavourably with our last Baltic back, and folk shouting money back, now he has bolstered the central defence, and scores on a semi regular basis.

Is he the new Dods? No.

Have we ever had a FB with such a good scoring record? I think not.

I think both Hayes and Rooney will still improve. Mr TerrynJune must be doing something right!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you, but you know my stance on him and I've not said it much recently but I'll bring it back and I still stand by it today. Lionel has some good points - speed and unpredictability (the good kind) being to name two. So my stance is simple, let him loose on the wing. I know he wasn't so great in that position against Motherwell but put him there, build up his confidence there and I reckon you'd see the benefits.

I would love to see him come on as a sub for Foran at some point this season...

But would TB ever think of trying something like that?

Im always up for giving players a chance, and whilst LDZ does have speed and crazy charges forward, I wouldn't mind a solid reliable no nonsense no frills left back.

He's the type of player who it's kind of 50-50 whether he'd struggle to get another SFL club or get into a top 6 SPL team. He's that unpredictable. Im not a huge fan but hey, he plays for ICT so i gotta back him.... Just bemoan the manager for picking him I guess! :lol:

Some people be getting tetchy over a milk spillage on here tonight eh. Handbags at dawn! :017:

This thread is meant to allow people to express their opinion on who they think is the most improved player. Its not for anyone else to slag off anothers viewpoint so either the thread stays on topic and the personal attacks stop or the thread gets closed. Up to you guys and girls.

Edited by themann4thejob
Cheers Alex, I have removed the bun fight posts

I think Esson is a more solid and reliable keeper than the one who played for Aberdeen. He always had talent but he seems to have removed the errors from his game also.

He's taken his place in the team and made it his though merit.

Rooney has become more composed in front of goal. Always good at getting in the right positions but is more confident 1 on 1.

Hayes has become fitter and just continues to improve.

Bully started a bit shaky but he was a young guy coming to a new country at centre half which would be difficult anyway. But once he has become settled he looks more and more confident and reassured.

Proctor has become one of the most experienced members of the team and has started to thrive on the responsibility.

Rooney seems to have a lot more confidence in front of goal compared to earlier this season. One-on-one chances he was hitting straight at the keeper before now seem to be finding the net, especially with the fact that he is getting a run in the team will no doubt help.

Bully as well seems to have gathered confidence as the season has progressed and is turning into a fine centre half.

Proctor has turned in to a decent player playing in that holding midfielder role and it now appears to be his best position.

Rooney is definitely the most improved. Confident, better workrate, has been working on his pace and stamina and is putting the chances away.

No idea about how good Hayes was when he was down at Leicester, but right now I would rank him as one of the most exciting players I've seen play for ICT in a while. He's been given a lot more freedom to roam in midfield, always willing to run at defenders and have a pop at goal. Reminds me of a smaller, chubbier Barry Wilson. Could become a better player than Baz, if he keeps it going until the end of the season.

On the point of Foran, at the end of our last season in the SPL, he seemed to be a man possessed, chasing every ball like a madman. Now we've dropped down a division, he seems to have an annoying habit of feeling that he doesn't need to show the same commitment. He's shown in a couple of games that he is capable of it, like away to Dundee earlier in the season, but in other games he has been infuriating.

In case anyone thinks I'm jumping on the bandwagon, I mentioned this last year, especially after the Airdrie away game, when he seemed to constantly stand still with his arms outstretched and complaining.

Now we've dropped down a division, he seems to have an annoying habit of feeling that he doesn't need to show the same commitment.

Here, this is a public forum, you need to watch you don't say things that break the law.

Below, we see Richie chilling, and Richie going mental. In your face Gibson!

post-4227-1266444092.jpg

post-4227-1266444135.jpg

Edited by TheKnowledge

Now we've dropped down a division, he seems to have an annoying habit of feeling that he doesn't need to show the same commitment.

Here, this is a public forum, you need to watch you don't say things that break the law.

:D :allhail:

So sorry, I will conduct myself in a more foran-positive manner in the future.

:D :allhail:

So sorry, I will conduct myself in a more foran-positive manner in the future.

It's ok, we all have our moments, I used to think June from the Bill was sexy!! Dark times.

if you told me at that start of the season that ADAM ROONEY! would be joint top scorer in the league in the middle of February i would have laughed and asked you what you had been drinking or smoking?

now, i see why he is...... he may not be the fastest or most clever player on the pitch but the man is a machine in-front of goal. his confidence has improved greatly this season as tel is giving him the starts he deserves. he was our reserve top scorer last season and this first team responsibility has been granted to him at the right time.

all praise to Adam Rooney!

he was our reserve top scorer last season and this first team responsibility has been granted to him at the right time.

He was actually first team top scorer last season, with 6 goals.

Which must make our lowest scoring top scorer ever, if you see what I mean.

he was our reserve top scorer last season and this first team responsibility has been granted to him at the right time.

He was actually first team top scorer last season, with 6 goals.

Which must make our lowest scoring top scorer ever, if you see what I mean.

is that right? fair play to the man, getting what he deserves! :001:!

I would say Bulvitus. Just look at the reaction when he left, compared to what we all thought after the first few games.

I take it Richie Foran is exempt from this thread as you can't improve on perfection?

As regards Foran - absolutely agree. No improvement whatsoever as he has been a class player from day one. Some folk moan because he doesn't score a lot of goals but when he is busy covering in defence and midfield as well as striking role it is difficult to score profusely. He is 100% committed and should be signed up indefinitely. IMO.

• 1 month later...

As the players have excelled themselves time and time again, its only fair that some more names are added to my initial Hays, Esson and Rooney selection.

all of the back 4- Golabeck,Munro,Tokely and Proctor.

midfield- Duncan and Cox

and up front- Foran and Eagle.

Sorry Odhiambo and Sanchez your not on the list yet but you will be when you score 2 goals as from today.