FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Queens

Renegade

It's all meant in good humour (certainly on my part) but even you have to admit some of your selections are leftfield

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

I see what you did there with the "leftfield" comment aye well done, but I've never been one to follow the crowd. If I were boss, I'd try to do something interesting, effective, but at the same time not utterly nuts. For example, 4-4-2 would probably be my formation of choice (or if my FM2010 profile is anything to go by, against a bigger team, the 5-3-2). I wouldn't use things like the 2-3-5, that would just be sucidal.

Say, like my stance on Lionel, to me, moving him out wide makes sense. Proctor's done it, Tokely's done it and Golabek played at left midfield for whole seasons at a time when ICT first entered the SPL. From what I can see, Lionel has more of the qualities for good than any of those aforementioned players.

Rene - for you to pick jimmy zadi shows you dont go to alot of games.

Actually I go to every home game, but anyway I don't to answer anyone about who I choose.

Hey, dont be going all defensive on me neeb! Its good you go to the home games, i go to the away and catch as many home games as i can. Makes me no better than you.

Point im making is i notice in some matchday posts, lets take Killie away in the cup last week, where everyone at the game seen Lionel have another absolute howler - and i have never been his worst critic - but you stuck up for him. If you were at the game thats when to make opinions, know what i mean? Thats all i was getting at. Fair play to ya.

From what I've heard and the highlights I've seen of the Killie game, Lionel did indeed have somewhat of a blooperfest. But my stance on him has always been the same - he should never have been in a left back. It was an opinion formed after I saw him play the Celtic Reserves in last season. As I said above, from what I can see he has the qualities to be a better winger than say Robert Eagle or someone. He has speed, he tries to play a pass, he has some slinky skills - just what makes a decent winger I reckon. This also goes along with my view that Shinnie is the best left back at the club just now - stick him in at the back and move Lionel out of harms way and leave him to what he does best - attacking. It may be "leftfield", it may be against the grain, it may be "alternative" - but that's my view.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which player hasn't occasionally had a bad game. I also think DZ would do better in left midfield. I don't think he's ever going to be great, no matter where he goes mind you (needs to be able to deliver the ball better), so better as opposed to left-back but not necessarily the best choice. Mind you, in a straight 4-4-2? Foran's up front, so that leaves McBain or Eagle. Actually, he might well be the best choice in that system (but I wouldn't choose that system).

Renegade:

" Say, like my stance on Lionel, to me, moving him out wide makes sense. Proctor's done it, Tokely's done it and Golabek played at left midfield for whole seasons at a time when ICT first entered the SPL. From what I can see, Lionel has more of the qualities for good than any of those aforementioned players."

What a load of kak.