FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Where is the money?

givmeaccccc

I'd like to point out that David Sutherland is in fact a born and bred Invernessian and is the best known businessman locally. He has ploughed a significant amount of cash into the club and at the moment if he reads these pages he'll be wondering why he bothered.

I am fully aware that Sutherland is from Inverness, I am also aware that he has ploughed cash into the club, the only thing I was questioning is whether his approach might alienate some other businesses being involved in the club.

While yes he is the best known businessman in the town the second best known is Alan Savage, I reckon that since his difference of opinions with Sutherland the club will have lost at least 100k a season from sponsorship etc.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to point out that David Sutherland is in fact a born and bred Invernessian and is the best known businessman locally. He has ploughed a significant amount of cash into the club and at the moment if he reads these pages he'll be wondering why he bothered.

I am fully aware that Sutherland is from Inverness, I am also aware that he has ploughed cash into the club, the only thing I was questioning is whether his approach might alienate some other businesses being involved in the club.

While yes he is the best known businessman in the town the second best known is Alan Savage, I reckon that since his difference of opinions with Sutherland the club will have lost at least 100k a season from sponsorship etc.

Without wanting to start an arguement your post implied that ICT had lost it's local identity when DS took the reins.

?100,000 sponsorship a season? Sounds like a shirt sponsorship deal to me, is that the case? Is Mr Savage going to put his constellation on ICT's shirts?

Without wanting to start an arguement your post implied that ICT had lost it's local identity when DS took the reins.

?100,000 sponsorship a season? Sounds like a shirt sponsorship deal to me, is that the case? Is Mr Savage going to put his constellation on ICT's shirts?

I didn't mean my post to imply that I meant that he might alienate other Inverness business people.

I said that they lost at least 100k a season, that Savage spent when he was there on advertising boards, hospitality, company vehicles etc...does he intend to do anything again such as shirt sponsorship, I have no idea but I would be very surprised the way he was treated,

Edited by stevico1

Maybe he is a local born and bred Invernessian - so what! Yes we always hear that he (Tullochs) has "ploughed a significant amount of cash into the club" but I'm sure we will never know exactly how much or how little! One thing is for sure, every penny is an investment so don't be fooled into thinking it is a donation. He (Tullochs) will receive very significant returns on the investment at some time in the future. He is a very good businessman and he recognises oppportunities. I have absolutely no problems with people making money from investment in our club but ONLY if our club does likewise and doesn't suffer. When things are rosey, nobody asks the questions but when they turn a wee bit sour the guns come out. It seems to be popular opinion that we are now in trouble and events during 2009 to date seem to indicate this is the case. Maybe the honeymoon is now over and some searching questions become an irritation to those in power. It may be time to change the power brokers and replace them with some serious new money but I don't see this coming whilst our present controller is in power. As Mr Sutherland said himself - it is not good to have people in place too long - maybe they have all been here too long!

Edited by caleyboy

Wonder if thats what Alan Savage now pay's Aberdeen for the big Orion banner above the tunnel at Pitoddrie.

Wonder if thats what Alan Savage now pay's Aberdeen for the big Orion banner above the tunnel at Pitoddrie.

Not sure if that banner is new or not Alex but I know he has always put a fair bit of cash into Aberdeen as one of Orion's busiest offices is the Aberdeen one.

Edited by stevico1