FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

A message to Nick Ross

Alex MacLeod

I probably am going against the trend here, but i thought he was really ineffective last week, was not dangerous to the opposition one bit ( waits for howls about the goal) his time will come for sure as he has got tremendous ability, but perhaps against a VERY defensive Morton this was not the type of gane to start him.

Saturday will not be a good game for Ross to start, we need experience and guts to get into county and cant afford any passengers.

So why single him out and call him inneffective? Thanks to the way Morton set out their stall last Saturday, none of our forwards were effective.

The whole team ground out a result on the day thanks to their persistence. Surely Ross deserves some credit for being in the right place at the right time, to finish off one of the very few chances that came the team's way. I also noticed you described Proctor's performance that day as "p1sh".

Do you really think that kind of "constructive" crititism helps the team's cause in any way, shape or form?

Not meant to, the players dont visit this site to see how they played, and my posts like yours will not have any effect on how the team plays- ever.

Nick was ineffective because of the way Morton set themselves up, not because of his inabilities, who knows if Sanshoes had played we might have scored 3 goals?

This thread was started to boost the ego of Ross - its not really needed, he got that by scoring on saturday.

Not meant to, the players dont visit this site to see how they played, and my posts like yours will not have any effect on how the team plays- ever.

Nick was ineffective because of the way Morton set themselves up, not because of his inabilities, who knows if Sanshoes had played we might have scored 3 goals?

This thread was started to boost the ego of Ross - its not really needed, he got that by scoring on saturday.

And the Sun had him and Odi as the best players in the team that day

Thread not started to boost ego. Thread started to encourage a local youngster to show us all what he really can do.

Edited by Alex MacLeod

Thread not started to boost ego. Thread started to encourage a local youngster to show us all what he really can do.

The Sun wants to start sending a reporter north of Perth! talk to fans who actually went to the game and ask who were our best players. :angry:

Edited by caley100

:angry: Your not using the Sun as evidence are you!!

He may not read it, but I've noticed a member logged in as Eilidh Ross. Is she his mum?

I thought he was decent on Saturday. I'm glad we beat a stuffy Morton side and picked up 3 points. He did well to take the goal, keeping his nerve and composure to slot it home.

I hope he gets a run in the team.

lol

Regardless of who plays they will get a significant backing from the ICT fans on Saturday. If Nick Ross does play then I am sure he will do just fine. Hopefully if he scores he runs past the County fans cupping his hand to his ear. That would ensure cult status for the boy. Let's hope he does it.

Guest Mahonio

GO ELSEWEHERE WITH ALL THIS NEGATIVITY CALEY100 AND CO, PLEASE!

If Butcher is planning on starting Ross then he must know something about the boy, in fact, he works with him which is something you lot don't, and Sanchez has a slight knock from the game on Monday so there is A BIG CHANCE that NR WILL play.

If he scores and plays brilliantly then i can GUARANTEE you that people like you would be feeling like a fool for dismissing him, am i right?

I would go with the quick and simple message of, go out there and play well and show that you are worthy of a place in our team and also just play your natural game and just remember the words of a certain, Alan Hansen, and that should be enough motivation for him.

I think thats what the ones, including me are saying. We would all love Nick to play in the derby game and play a blinder. Unfortunately on the evidence of last weeks game and despite the tosh written in the papers and spouted by all and sundry he did not have a fantastic game. Maybe we are spoiled by having Foran driving forward and winning balls in the air and putting 100% effort in attack and defence, thats probably the problem. It's too difficult to compare the two so well done to Ross for scoring last week and if you are playing on Saturday can we see some more pace and trickery and goals please.

That's lucky, when I say the title of the thread I thought something bad had happened to him!

Anyway, if you want my own view on the matter for tomorrow, then I don't think Ross should start the game..........which'll mean he probably will.

Edited by Renegade

That's lucky, when I say the title of the thread I thought something bad had happened to him!

Anyway, if you want my own view on the matter for tomorrow, then I don't think Ross should start the game..........which'll mean he probably will.

Butcher has indicated he has complete confidence in young Nick for this massive game.