FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

v Arabs

Alex MacLeod

We were lucky not to lose today  :008:

If that's the team supposedly 'fired up' for the return of Brewster then I hate to see us unmotivated.

We probably did shade the first half but United tore us apart in the second with 2 wingers. Brown made a fantastic save near the end to keep us in the match.

Most of the team played badly today, not just Rankin and Black - who of course got his usual stupid yellow card might I add.

We seemed devoid of ideas other than to punt it up Bayne and Dargo just had one of those games where if he'd tried to kick himself he'd have missed.

Wilson was hopeless today and should have been taken off much sooner. Trouble was we had no one on the bench to slot into his position so when Keogh came on we had to put Rankin out on the right!!!

I realise this is a very negative post but I'm struggling to find much to take from today's showing. United aren't a great team but we simply weren't good enough to beat them

Really poor attendance as well - just over 3500  :007:

Agree totally Kencar, apart from that wee spell at the end of the first half we were absolute rubbish. There seemed to be no urgency at all. In fact, I could quite happily have nodded off in the second half I was that bored! Apart from Brown, McBain, Dods, and Munro I don't think anyone else came out of that with much credit.

Roscoe must hate the sight of Conway, he got turned inside out by him today. Utd certainly looked the more likely to win it in the second half, and the longer it went on the more the nightmare vision of Brewster grabbing the winner came closer.....fotunately he looked his age today I thought.

Would Roscoe shot have gone in without Dargo's finish in the first half?

The offside call on Tokely's chance was the correct one. Dargo, should have known better, and no, it wouldn't have gone in. We made enough chances today,but the strikers weren't up to it. Bayne was as cutting as a cardboard scalpel and Dargo lacked any insight. Wilsn spent the first half too central, t semmed to fancy it more in the 2nd, by which time, the Arabs had woken up. McBain played well - though he has his limitations, he works them to the max. A nothing match really, in many ways, but Utd. on this showing at least are going to do better than they did last year. If only I could say the same for us. We need more strikers.

Little bit unfair I feel some of the comments have been. Have you run around in baking sunshine for 95 minutes? Dundee United at back, held the ball, and although we gained good chances, we didn't make the beakthrough. Luckily Dundee United didn't either.

So it's onwards and upwards against Falkirk and then an even trickier game against Kilmarnock. But hey, would you rather be watching County?

ZI thought it was an entertaining game.......of two halfs, tremendous one handed save by Broon who was my MoM and generally he had his best game in ages, oozing confidence. We had numerous half chances but failed with them all

I didn't think it was funny. And I am sure you wouldn't have been laughing had Clark spotted it and given a penalty which is what he should have done. Remeber Tokleys punch on Novo against Rangers? Think along those lines. Also, Yinited should have had another penalty when Munro was all over Hunt in the area - quite frankly he should know better than to do that. He could have swapped shirts after the game if he wanted Hunts top that badly.

Agree about Dargos goal. If he wasn't offside that's a pain but if he was then he really should have been able to stay onside.

The substitutions made our midfield go all pear shaped. Rankin and McBain (left footers) ended up on the right! What was that about? Morgan left, McBain inside of him, then Rankin and then Keogh. Indeed midfield is where we lost it in the second half. They were getting by passed for most of the 2nd 45.

Agree with the comments about Brown. Thought he played really well and I thought Bayne did well also.

Finally, does anyone think we are really playing better football under CC than Brewster? Saw numerous aimless long balls being fired up front today with Tokley guilty of numerous stray passes. He still doesn't look fit and was carved up on numerous ocassions.

Little bit unfair I feel some of the comments have been. Have you run around in baking sunshine for 95 minutes?

I doubt many if any of us would have but then again we aren't professional athletes who should be more than able to run around for 90+ on a warmish day in September

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

I didn't think it was funny. And I am sure you wouldn't have been laughing had Clark spotted it and given a penalty which is what he should have done. Remeber Tokleys punch on Novo against Rangers? Think along those lines. Also, Yinited should have had another penalty when Munro was all over Hunt in the area - quite frankly he should know better than to do that. He could have swapped shirts after the game if he wanted Hunts top that badly.

Agree about Dargos goal. If he wasn't offside that's a pain but if he was then he really should have been able to stay onside.

The substitutions made our midfield go all pear shaped. Rankin and McBain (left footers) ended up on the right! What was that about? Morgan left, McBain inside of him, then Rankin and then Keogh. Indeed midfield is where we lost it in the second half. They were getting by passed for most of the 2nd 45.

Agree with the comments about Brown. Thought he played really well and I thought Bayne did well also.

Finally, does anyone think we are really playing better football under CC than Brewster? Saw numerous aimless long balls being fired up front today with Tokley guilty of numerous stray passes. He still doesn't look fit and was carved up on numerous ocassions.

Tokley did what brewster does best niggles, pokes, prods, elbows opponents(all out of the sight on the ref and linesman - so didnt see anything wrong with his we dig if anything he should have hit him harder!! As for Bayne nice guy but would be much more suited to the 1st div. Crowd a bit more vocal but not there in numbers

Bayne did ok, his shooting and heading at goal left a bit to be desired but Black was one of our best players......in my humble opinion. Now Rankin, different class, I'll let you decide which class.

Oh, Tokely's nudge was more like a hook to the ribs :015: well done Rossco.

This game is about teamwork, not individuals. If the team is having a bad time then the individual isn't going to change that. The problem seems to me to be tactics, sticking to the game plan, and the crowd slating the team instead of getting behind them.

I wasn't there so I cant comment on this game but, reading all the different posts and differing views about performance, I wonder was there more than one game being watched or are some peoples expectations way beyond what we can ever achieve with our level of support and meagre resources.

Once again Black seems to be at least as interested in getting booked as well as spending his energy in more productive ways. Shame, that--maybe he just needs a bit of time to develop more self control and assurance. Dunno, I was not at the game but it seems as if every match now he is likely to be booked.

What do you fans who were at the match think of Rankin--is he too young for the first team and a bit overawed at this stage? For sure if he is young in body his only way of establishing his presence is to work very hard and be more assertive. Scott Davie says he was almost unseen in midfield today--i :007:s that true?

Tell you he truth, I was quite surprised when Rankine just went straight in for a full game as soon as he was signed, at the expense of Duncan, if memory serves. He had a good game, but surely not a one-for-one swap?! He should have been introduced gradually, and the team adapted to include him, if appropriate.

On the whole, I dont think the game was as bad as everyone seems to think. We have no right to expect to win aganst the Arabs. I think they will be near us all season.

As for the Brew, whatever we think of his poaching methods, and professional conduct, he has been out drinking in the town, with Tokes, CC and others, so there is still some comeraderie there. He had a good spell with the club, left us better than he found us, and had a major effect on the culture of the club. Hands off, I says.

Tokley did what brewster does best niggles, pokes, prods, elbows opponents(all out of the sight on the ref and linesman - so didnt see anything wrong with his we dig if anything he should have hit him harder!!

Fact is though it was a foul. It was therefore a penalty for Yinited. Would you have been so appreciative for Tokleys little punch if that had lost us the game? I doubt it.

Remember Brewster got sent off at Easter Road for similar 'gamesmanship' on the Hibees goalie. Not smart to do. Luckily we were winning at the time IIRC but yesterday Tokleys stupidity could have been a lot more costly.