The curse of Caley Stadium...

Bridge_Ender

Can't agree. I think if the team play well they get loads of vocal support but these days they rarely play well at home.

Should we cheer and clap when we are presented with mediocre performances??

People are starting to vote with there feet and are not bothering to turn up. Would the players like to play in an empty stadium more??

Anyone at the game today who was undecided about going to the Falkirk game on Tuesday won't bother

Do you blame the players for turning in poor performances when they are labelled shite after 3 minutes?

No, but here are my thoughts

We appear to be set up to play to our strengths, solid defending and hit on the break. This we can achieve away from home as teams try to have a go.  When they come to our patch, they do the same to us and we struggle to carve out the clear cut chances that we require to kill off a game. It probably boils down to lack of real quality, but not many teams in Scotland have that.

Me, I am happy enough with our lot, never going to win the SPL, (I'll eat my hat), maybe good cup runs now and then and the odd venture into the top six.  For me it is about the individuals perceptions and expectations. I like to try and keep my glass half full, if we exceed that then fantastic, if we under achieve my expectations (relegation, perish the thought) then so be it, I personally can't do anything about that, but it would be a trifle annoying.

Lets not forget how far we have come since we entered the big boys leagues.  We are now playing against teams we previously only encountered occasionally in the cups, and we are competing fairly well.  We have nothing to be ashamed about, remember...............

There is no curse, it's all in your own mind.

The crowd. It really is that simple.

Little encouragement and very quick to criticise. No wonder (some of) the lads hate playing at Home.

It's all very good saying that RIG but you're one of the first to critisize players when they are having a bad game... and you'll find the same situation if not worse in every stadium in Scotland.  Hibs, Celtic & United the crowd has been a lot better than the majority of matches last season and with the drum back in the middle of the North Stand it should hopefully get better.  Our record at home is starting to improve and although we have not won a game at home yet we have only lost 1 which is an improvement on last season.  Hopefully we can pick up that win against Falkirk on wednesday and carry on from there with our next home game against Dunfermline

It's all very good saying that RIG but you're one of the first to critisize players when they are having a bad game...

Not during the game Gaz - I'll get behind the guys as best I can. That normally gets taken care of by the guy who was shouting 'Is it just me then!?' for half the game yesterday (:015:) and the guys who shouted 'You're shite Rankin' about 5 minutes into his debut.

EDIT: However, I still maintain that any negative comments about Tokely are merited (IMHO) - not that I yelled out Tokely you're pish! - as I think he still looks very unfit. Or maybe Conway is just a lot faster than I thought?

Yeah I kinda noticed that!

As for me being the worst - the "bare faced cheek" of it to suggest such a thing!  :015: :016:

I don't deny that I am critical. I'd be lying if I wasn't. But I'd certainly like to think I get behind the lads and at least encourage them. Something this guy clearly wasn't doing!