FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Sanchez

ICTJM

The thing is, he is getting criticised for his miss, but little Jonny took ages to set it onto his favoured foot but still escapes criticism, and missed the same as Dani boy.

I would prefer to see Sanchez starting with Odhiambo coming on as sub. However I think there is room for both in the squad - it is good to have cover for at least one position!

Being not alone does not mean that your opinion is more valid. Don't shout, just put your point across in a constructive manner without the abuse. What do you find not good about him?

Despite my views on the recent performances of Odhiambo, by no means do I think he's a bad player. He's just being played in the wrong position. From what I can see, Odhiambo is one of those players who need space to run into and to attack. He's a quick player, but he can't use that to his advantage in the midfield melee that he is placed in. It doesn't help matters for him too that he is a somewhat small and lightweight player.

If it were the case that Hayes or Eagle were put in that position, the same calls and problems would come up. Both of those aforementioned players are not built for, nor feel naturally playing in that position, and it is the same with Odhiambo. Put Sanchez back in there, as he is more accustomed to playing there, and use Odhiambo where he can used and use what he has best, either partnering Rooney as another striker, or out on the right wing.

if you were there when we played Airdrie away you would have saw Sanchez give the ball away so many times and to top it off he hit he bar 3 times, twice from the six yard box. Then when we played them at home he had once again many chances to score but did he, absaloutly not

Having watched the Airdrie video again he was unlucky not to score a hat-trick and had one bad miss with the header. The opening post suggest he is absolutely hopeless and missed twice against Raith. He was only on the park for a a few minutes and his shots were charged down by desperate defending, not missed. I was not at the Airdrie away 0-1 game if thats the one you referred to, but hitting the woodwork three times smacks of misfortune not being totally gash. We have seen Rooney miss some sitters too, but is he beyond reproach?

Don't get me wrong, I would rather he scored than hit the wood, but he does get into scoring situations and has good control in confined space. As renegade and others have said, different players.

but hitting the woodwork three times smacks of misfortune not being totally gash.

It does when its from 6 yards, twice

If you say so, I'll stick with Butcher as manager meantime.

Like it Mr Knowlege.

2:21 into the Airdire game highlights, Hayes does the same as what he did against Raith. I want his desk cleared by tomorrow morning.

:lol:

Sanchez certainly splits opinion and there appears to be a desire to present him as either useless or the best player we have.

In reality he is neither and is simply average. His major failing is to lack a cutting edge, whether it be in front of goal, passing a ball or in beating a player where he seems to get past the first man then wait for the defender or others to close him down without maximising the advantage.

Is Eric a better player? Not necessarily, however as I mentioned in an earlier post, as long as he provides some form of end product (e.g. scoting in the past two games) he is likely to be the preferred choice.