FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

We've won it

TopSix

We've far from won it. One loss and Dundee just need to win their games to be promoted. Still a looooooooooooooong way to go.

you are wrong, Caley can afford one loss and for Dundee to win all their games , and Caley would still go up

Your right but that means our only defeat would come against Dundee. We are actually allowed to draw one of the last 4 matches and lose to Dundee and still win the league. This however doesn't fill me with confidence as we could lose to either 4 teams before judgement day 59.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hate topics like this as they smack of arrogance and we aren't that good. If Dundee hadn't imploded we'd be sitting in second place with nothing we could do about it. Our success has cime from others failure. Not that I'm complaing

I hate topics like this as they smack of arrogance and we aren't that good. If Dundee hadn't imploded we'd be sitting in second place with nothing we could do about it. Our success has cime from others failure. Not that I'm complaing

and was Dundee's success not for the same reason (up until now)

Uh oh, I'd never start a thread like this. The phrase "famous last words comes to mind". "Kiss of death" is another..

Why don't you start a thread discussing which players will leave if we don't make it to the SPL? :finger03:

Maybe I should...

In relation to the thread you're referring to,I believed that it was a fair question,and one that I wanted answered. The question as was remember - "If ICT go down" not, "when ICT go down". Saying "We've won it" when ICT quite clearly haven't is, as I said earlier, the kiss of death.

Going by your reaction to my thread (for those who can't remember, this is the genius that started another thread just after mine, calling for my dismissal), and the smiley at the end of your post, says quite a bit about you personally and the bright human being you must be... :rolleyes:

Did TB call for mental strength from the players this week? They showed it today. Think positive.

I am thinking positive. I'm very optimistic about ICT's title challenge, for the record I think the club has an unbelievable chance. Saying "I BELIEVE" and all that is fine, and creates a positive mindset BUT saying that the club has already won it, when they quite clearly haven't, comes across as being extremely arrogant, and more often than not, is the kiss of death. Saying "I think we've won" - fine. Saying "We've won it" - big no no.

I am thinking positive. I'm very optimistic about ICT's title challenge, for the record I think the club has an unbelievable chance. Saying "I BELIEVE" and all that is fine, and creates a positive mindset BUT saying that the club has already won it, when they quite clearly haven't, comes across as being extremely arrogant, and more often than not, is the kiss of death. Saying "I think we've won" - fine. Saying "We've won it" - big no no.

I agree with you to a certain extent. After seeing most of the teams in the division this year, none look really outstanding. Dunfermline are now out of the running and county - who I thought were going to be our main challengers latterly have the distraction of the cup and the four games in a week at the end. Did you see the Dundee v QoS game? Dundee were dire. My wager this week is going to be on Dundee losing at Firhill.

Edited by Top Six Next Year

I agree with you to a certain extent. After seeing most of the teams in the division this year, none look really outstanding. Dunfermline are now out of the running and county - who I thought were going to be our main challengers latterly have the distraction of the cup and the four games in a week at the end. Did you see the Dundee v QoS game? Dundee were dire.

I didn't, but even if that were the case I still wouldn't right them off yet. It's not over till it's over, or so they say.

I've amended my previous post. My wager is on Dundee to lose at Firhill this week.

I wouldn't go as far as saying they'll lose it but i think it's the best chance we've got of them dropping points before the final game. I'm pretty confident Partick can get the draw and i'll probably take this one in as i can't make Dumfries.

After seeing the reaction from the team today after Foran scoring the winner, there's nothing to stop us winning the league. Confidence must be sky-high and the moral must be through the roof. 16 games unbeaten? Well done everyone concerned. Get along to Morton on Tuesday night if you can - I'm gutted I can't make it.

Great win, great result. Well Done!

Jesus wept....I have watched this forum's comments fluctuate according to results. I don't post much..because I do realism, not game to game complete irrationality.

ICT can react how they like......and it is great that many fans posting on here have...compared to a dozen games ago, stopped the " we are entitled and Butcher is crap" spewing.....but it is just about time that ICT supporters got their heads round the fact that there are two teams in a game...and t'other team is mostly as good as ICT...and we cannot legislate for their efforts on the day.

There is plenty to stop ICT winning the League.....like every other team we still have to play being as determined as ICT.

Very lucky win against Raith..great result...well done...but don't let us believe that it was anything other than that......and keep our collective fingers crossed that we are as lucky in the next six games.

I've amended my previous post. My wager is on Dundee to lose at Firhill this week.

Partick will get rogered by Dundee good and hard. Thistle are already into end of season mode and have nothing to play for.

Partick will get rogered by Dundee good and hard. Thistle are already into end of season mode and have nothing to play for.

Not even "pride"?

post-2081-1270377538.jpg

My head hurts with all these various computations. Therefore I make it easy for myself and just think - WIN, WIN, WIN, WIN, WIN. Then there are no problems - 5 wins, job well done. SIMPLES!

Much in the same way ICT hammered Partick 1-0. They don't have a goalie - they got a tuffey. Will the players really want to not bother against Dundee? A few of the partick fans I spoke to were not too happy with what was happening - partick to win it.

We've far from won it. One loss and Dundee just need to win their games to be promoted. Still a looooooooooooooong way to go.

you are wrong, Caley can afford one loss and for Dundee to win all their games , and Caley would still go up

Your right but that means our only defeat would come against Dundee. We are actually allowed to draw one of the last 4 matches and lose to Dundee and still win the league. This however doesn't fill me with confidence as we could lose to either 4 teams before judgement day 59.

That's not right either. Maybe you forgot you drop 2 points if you draw. If we lose the Dundee game we have to win all the other 4. If we draw one then Dundee can win the league by a point, 69 to 68. Also the wee diddy team across the bridge can reach 71 as it stands.

That's not right either. Maybe you forgot you drop 2 points if you draw. If we lose the Dundee game we have to win all the other 4. If we draw one then Dundee can win the league by a point, 69 to 68. Also the wee diddy team across the bridge can reach 71 as it stands.

Ah your right, i'm not as confident as i once was now...

I disagree, 16 games unbeaten shows we've made it for ourselves.

1 loss means we could reach a max of 70 points. There are so many permutations of what "could" happen but here is just one ....As it stands today, Dundee can reach 69 if they win all their games so those who say we can lose 1 game and still pip Dundee are correct. However you are ignoring County, who have 3 games in hand over us. County could reach 71pts if they win all 8 of their remaining games and whilst it is perhaps unlikely they will do that given their fixtures pile-up, right now we cant assume that because if we do lose one and they win all theirs, they are champions.

After seeing the reaction from the team today after Foran scoring the winner, there's nothing to stop us winning the league. Confidence must be sky-high and the moral must be through the roof. 16 games unbeaten? Well done everyone concerned. Get along to Morton on Tuesday night if you can - I'm gutted I can't make it. Great win, great result. Well Done!
Jesus wept....I have watched this forum's comments fluctuate according to results. I don't post much..because I do realism, not game to game complete irrationality.

ICT can react how they like......and it is great that many fans posting on here have...compared to a dozen games ago, stopped the " we are entitled and Butcher is crap" spewing.....but it is just about time that ICT supporters got their heads round the fact that there are two teams in a game...and t'other team is mostly as good as ICT...and we cannot legislate for their efforts on the day.

There is plenty to stop ICT winning the League.....like every other team we still have to play being as determined as ICT.

Very lucky win against Raith..great result...well done...but don't let us believe that it was anything other than that......and keep our collective fingers crossed that we are as lucky in the next six games.

Totally agree oddquine, confidence is good, but some are stepping over the line into arrogance and it could yet blow back on us. We snatched victory from the jaws of disaster yesterday and there is no reason to think that teams we still have to play will not be trying to grab points themselves. Take each game as it comes, treat the opposition with respect and then do a clinical operation on the park to grab the points.

1 loss means we could reach a max of 70 points. There are so many permutations of what "could" happen but here is just one ....As it stands today, Dundee can reach 69 if they win all their games. However, County could reach 71pts if they win all 8 of their remaining games. If we do lose one and they win all theirs, they are champions.

After seeing the reaction from the team today after Foran scoring the winner, there's nothing to stop us winning the league. Confidence must be sky-high and the moral must be through the roof. 16 games unbeaten? Well done everyone concerned. Get along to Morton on Tuesday night if you can - I'm gutted I can't make it. Great win, great result. Well Done!

Totally agree oddquine, confidence is good, but some are stepping over the line into arrogance and it could yet blow back on us. We snatched victory from the jaws of disaster yesterday and there is no reason to think that teams we still have to play will not be trying to grab points themselves. Take each game as it comes, treat the opposition with respect and then do a clinical operation on the park to grab the points.

Yeah and by the reports of the Dundee v Ayr game they seemed to have turned the corner under the new manager and were excellent,played Ayr off the park,worrying if you ask me.

Pressure and fatigue will no doubt play a vital role for all three teams challenging for the title. So, to keep it simple, expect the unexpected! There will be more twists and turns than yer granny on a bike going down Stephen's Brae. It will go to the last day, with a few nerves shredded along the way.

On second thoughts I have a solution. Surely the new Doctor Who assistant is an ICT fan, it goes without saying - can she no borrow the sonic screwdriver for us, or do some timewarping when necessary?

Edited by The Long Man