FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT V FALKIRK 19-09-06

Scotty

I don't think it's hysteria at all.

Nobody is suggesting we have a right to beat everyone, far from it. What annoyed me about last night(and Saturday) was the performance. If we'd played well and lost, fair enough, I'd have no gripes about that. The same in any game we play....play well, lose, no complaints.

Last night we were dire, Falkirk were too. They just happened to put away one of the few chances.

My aspirations for ICT involve no more than seeing us play some decent football, rather than that turgid shite I paid to watch last night. I appreciate that we're going to have off days, everyone does....but there's been a few too many 'off days' for my liking just recently. Enough to raise concerns about our season anyway. If I come away from a game thinking 'ach, the better team won, but we did well ourselves', like I did at Hearts then I'm not going to criticise anyone.

As I posted last night, I don't put all the blame on CC, the players are capable of far more than they displayed last night.

I think you have called that pretty much spot on!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh well................I was first to post last night after the game.................It's maybe just as well it disappeared.

It started, Tripe.......utter tripe and went down hill after that.  Today on reflection, neither team deserved to win. Falkirk took the one chance that came their way, I don't recall Brown making any saves last night and the Falkirk keeper was almost as untroubled.  We on the other hand missed a couple of very good chances to score. Dods ducking under the ball about five yards from goal, the ball hitting the back of his neck.  Bayne fromk a similar distance, diving full length to connect with a ball that bounced across the box near the end, unfortunately for Bayne and much to our anxst, the ball came off the top of his bonce and flew five yards over the bar.

The team and tactics were abysmal and the lad Stokes was the only player on the park willing to hold and control the ball, deserving his MoM award.  Tokely and Hastings were both poor last night, in fact Hastings was worse than poor, sitting too far back when we needed someone to overlap, but then again why bother, when he does get up the wing, his Canadian crosses are usually garbage.  Duncan and Keogh in the middle were ineffective, Dargo useless and Broon back to his worst kicking.  Who does that leave, Dods, Munro did okish, Barry never woke up till the last minutes, McBain about the same and that leaves poor old Bayners, as usual giving 150%, but how about giving us some goals.  Hart for me should get a run, Morgan one more chance, although he fails to do it as sub and young Rory will get his chance later in the season. 

In truth, we did not deserve to win, but neither did Falkirk.  No atmosphere for these CIS cup games they are now becoming a waste of time, even the old firm can't be arsed with them, and all fans are voting across the country with their feet.

On the positive side...............errm......eh....welll........

Maybe the return of Wyness Black and the much maligned Rankin will transform us into world beaters.

>>>As for the Canadian F.F.S. we need a left back who see's further that 9 feet ahead of him, either that or someone who isnt colour blind, talk about poor passes.<<

that can be construed by some as a racist comment !!  :015: :015: :015: :015:

All depends who the construer... see you were the first to pick up on my comment on Hastings eh..wonder why  :002:

Another home game when the midfield failed to create decent chances for our strikers.  While  Falkirk closed us down well, we still don't seem to have anyone who can undo tight defences when we are at home.  The strikers are trying to live off scraps but Bayne must also learn to take men on with the ball at his feet and strike the ball properly.  What do they practice in training?  I think we only forced their keeper into one save in the 90 minutes and that was a half hit shot from Richie Hart about 5 minutes from the end.  If they keep performing like that it's going to be a long hard winter and our crowds are going to sink well below 3000. 

Far too early to judge CC as he is still serving his apprenticeship - that's why DP is here!

We really do have to give him a chance and yes we will have some bad results.

The main thing is that he learns from mistakes and here's hoping he makes a success of the job.

However, if we are staring relegation in the face later in the season I feel we will see movement on the managerial front as the club cannot afford to drop to the 1st division.

I'm all for constructive criticism but let's give this local guy a fair chance as he is well aware of the implications of failure.