FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Tokely considering an offer

Tree

Butcher said that he wanted all out of contract players futures sorted out by the end of next week so we will no what Rosscoe and everyone else have planned very soon, whatever the rumours say.

If its anything like last season, Tomorrow we will get a list of players offered new contracts by the club and the players leaving the club then we should know who is signing them in the next 2 weeks, on the Ross issue the simple fact is no-one knows as Ross himself has yet to decide

Heard this as well, nothing cut and dried yet but looks pretty much he might be away. Hopefully it won't materialise and he will stay. Also by the sounds of it Hayes won't be stiking about either, hope he changes his mind and signs on for another year at least :)

I hope he stays, and I hope the club make him a very good offer, but if he gets a financial offer we cant match from another side then fair play to the guy, he has been immensely loyal and this contract - whoever he signs for, us or anyone else - will likely be his last big one before he starts slipping down the leagues and the wages drop commensurately so he should grab it while he can.

Rossco - a legend in a red/blue shirt OR out of it !!!

Just read that P&J article above and thats Rosscoe adament he wants to be here next year which is great.

Hope the rest of the boys feel the same and get their new deals sorted soon.

Looks like some folk need some new "contacts".

Nobody has suggested that Tokely does not wish to stay.

From what I understand the issue is that he does not think that the club can match the offer he has on the table and given his age he thinks he would be foolish to ignore this.

I would suggest that the contract offered by the club will determine the situation. If it is sufficiently near the other club's offer then he will probably stay, however clearly we cannot compete in terms of the basic wage with a number of other clubs.