FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

REASONS TO BEAT CELTIC AT CALEDONIAN STADIUM

CELTIC1CALEY3

Lennon got the results last season (bar one big one) but they were a few games where he only sneaked by (in terms of play, not goals). Granted, it wasn't his team and Mowbray may well have lost those matches but I wasn't overly impressed.

I'm a bit surprised about some of Lennon's targets. Sol Campbell? Assuming there won't be so many injuries this time around, I think a back two from Hooiveld, Loovens, McManus or Rogne, along with back-ups in Dea and Thompson is good enough for the SPL. Can you imagine how Rangers would have done losing Weir, Bougherra, Wilson and Broadfoot for most of their campaign? Waste of a very large wage.

Jimmy Bullard? An extremely good player a couple of years ago but vastly off-form and injury prone. I'd sooner go for the much cheaper Stokes.

I'm not surprised to see Lennon stall on N'Guemo. Not a bad player but too similar to Brown for him to work in a pairing. Liam Miller or James McArthur (I know he's a Bluenose but those days are gone surely?) would be cheaper and a better fit. Kamara must be gone, as he was distinctly average. Bit surprised at Naylor going though as he was a decent left-back for the SPL (you don't need to be world class if Colin Nish is one of your biggest threats).

I still think it's Rangers to lose. Sure, Boyd is gone and that will be a BIG miss. In fact, as big as Robbie Keane. They are the only two players in either of the OF that could score regularly. It's a big points gap for Celtic to make up, with Rangers only really needing to replace one first-pick (obviously they could do with some more players, especially a left-winger). Celtic need wholesale changes under a rookie manager.

So back to ICT...

Lennon just couldn't change it against Ross County. He also really struggled with Killie and some other games that slip my mind. Unfortunately, Butcher isn't a great tactician but if he just gets a break, then battles, Lennon won't know how to change it, especially with so many new faces. Which left-back will Hayes be up against? Some Championship pick still finding his feet? That could work. Hinkel v Foran? Even money. Bullard and Fortune playing well but unable to finish? Sounds good to me.

All to do for Celtic. No longer a team to fear.

Lennon got the results last season (bar one big one) but they were a few games where he only sneaked by (in terms of play, not goals). Granted, it wasn't his team and Mowbray may well have lost those matches but I wasn't overly impressed.

I'm a bit surprised about some of Lennon's targets. Sol Campbell? Assuming there won't be so many injuries this time around, I think a back two from Hooiveld, Loovens, McManus or Rogne, along with back-ups in Dea and Thompson is good enough for the SPL. Can you imagine how Rangers would have done losing Weir, Bougherra, Wilson and Broadfoot for most of their campaign? Waste of a very large wage.

Jimmy Bullard? An extremely good player a couple of years ago but vastly off-form and injury prone. I'd sooner go for the much cheaper Stokes.

I'm not surprised to see Lennon stall on N'Guemo. Not a bad player but too similar to Brown for him to work in a pairing. Liam Miller or James McArthur (I know he's a Bluenose but those days are gone surely?) would be cheaper and a better fit. Kamara must be gone, as he was distinctly average. Bit surprised at Naylor going though as he was a decent left-back for the SPL (you don't need to be world class if Colin Nish is one of your biggest threats).

I still think it's Rangers to lose. Sure, Boyd is gone and that will be a BIG miss. In fact, as big as Robbie Keane. They are the only two players in either of the OF that could score regularly. It's a big points gap for Celtic to make up, with Rangers only really needing to replace one first-pick (obviously they could do with some more players, especially a left-winger). Celtic need wholesale changes under a rookie manager.

So back to ICT...

Lennon just couldn't change it against Ross County. He also really struggled with Killie and some other games that slip my mind. Unfortunately, Butcher isn't a great tactician but if he just gets a break, then battles, Lennon won't know how to change it, especially with so many new faces. Which left-back will Hayes be up against? Some Championship pick still finding his feet? That could work. Hinkel v Foran? Even money. Bullard and Fortune playing well but unable to finish? Sounds good to me.

All to do for Celtic. No longer a team to fear.

Exactly the same way Celtic played under Strachan. Celtic won 3 league titles under that man and only lost the other because the board would not buy a new striker. I would prefer Celtic won scrappy, but fighting all the way like they do under Lennon than play well and lose like Mowbray.

I think everyone is getting carried away. Ok, we won the 1st division. But suddenly you speak like Inverness are better than Celtic? Celtic finished second in the SPL last season. Thats poor for them, but amazing for any other team. I think people forget that.

Reasons to beat Celtic at TCS-To get 3 points

Reasons why I would like to beat Celtic at TCS- To wind up all the glory hunting celtic fans that walk the face of the earth and to see the look for sheer disapointment in their faces :)

Also..............what a great way to unfurl the league flag, us, the Championees against Celtic..............just runners up..............oh joy, a full house and three points hopefully.

Maybe we've got a chance now that Celtic have lost such talents as Braafheid, Kamara and N'Guemo (potentially). Hmmm, on second thoughts, maybe it would have been better if they had stayed.

All we've got to do now is keep Fortune and Brown from scoring...mind you, we couple play without a keeper and still do that!

• 2 weeks later...