Trialist updates

Council Juice

Thought I might make it easier for everyone to keep in touch with the several trialists at the club by having one thread as opposed to starting new ones everytime someone comes in. I didn't see a page for this so thought it might help.

Im think right in thinking we signed Gil Blumstein and Max Johnson from trial.

We have Gary Mackay Stevenson on trial also.

Callum Morris and Darren Lough have ended their trial at the club and are heading to Stockport County according to P&J

Andrew Milne will stay on with the club as we continue to assess him.

I believe we had a defender called Samuel Oji on trial but someone would need to confirm that.

Guest Mahonio

I am a bit surprised that Lough went because we only have McCann and Tokely who can play right back.

I would now expect a few more trialists in soon especially in the defence but hopefully Milne can sign.

Lough was a left back i think. A position in desprate need of getting filled.

Right back is no longer an issue, we have Proctor, McCann and Tokely if he is needed, though he will be a centre half next year imo.

I want to know what happened to Oji, Butcher was talking about how he was chuffed to get him on trial because he had tryed to sign him before and so far he has not been seen at all.

IMO we need a left back, a centre back, a right winger and may'be another centre mid.

I think if Mackay-Steven impresses tonight then i think we should sign him. He could just be Tels next gem.

I would think we would use him as a super sub. I cant see him being in the team over hayes or foran.

update on trialists from the P&J article here

Butcher has not offered a contract to trialist Andrew Milne, 19, who was released by Leeds last season, and is unlikely to offer a deal to former Ross County and Liverpool youth midfielder Gary Mackay Steven, who featured as a trialist against Clach.

Slightly dissappointed if it is true that we are not going to offer Mckay-Steven a deal as i think he could be a useful player to have in the squad, cant see the harm in offering him a 6 month deal to see how he gets on, wouldnt have thought his wage demands would have been too high considering he is without a club

From what I've read and heard he's a chance not worth taking. I hear he picked up an injury during his trial. Young kid with prospects who, maybe peaked too early and was thrown in too deep, and now his body isn't able to cope. for his sake I sincerely hope thats not the case and i hope he has a future in the game.

Having watched Sanchez against Fleetwood when he played out wide i would be more than happy to see us at least give Mackay-Steven till christmas.

Not suprised about Milne, given we have signed Chris Innes now.

It's maybe not our trialist, but it is rumoured that we are interested in him; according to the P&J:

Scroll to the last few paragraphs...

Butcher has been linked with South African defender Gordon Gilbert, 27, who is on trial with Dundee, and is still keen to strengthen his squad.

He said: ?We are still looking at one or two players, but I would not like to name them.

?The squad is very competitive, but it is still small compared to other clubs in the SPL.

?If we have to go with the squad I have just now then so be it.?

Butcher has been linked with South African defender Gordon Gilbert, 27, who is on trial with Dundee, and is still keen to strengthen his squad.

...and after a wee look on Pie & Bovril, it seems the Dundee fans didn't rate his performance in the pre-season game he played in; saying he was rash in the tackle and had poor positional sense.

He does have a nice video though: Gordon Gilbert

EDIT: Even after just seeing his 'highlights', I think it is quite obvious that he is a 'clumsy' footballer... perhaps similar to LDZ?

Edited by RossP

...and after a wee look on Pie & Bovril, it seems the Dundee fans didn't rate his performance in the pre-season game he played in; saying he was rash in the tackle and had poor positional sense.

He does have a nice video though: Gordon Gilbert

EDIT: Even after just seeing his 'highlights', I think it is quite obvious that he is a 'clumsy' footballer... perhaps similar to LDZ?

Sounds like you could be right about the LDZ comparison, this sound familiar to anyone:

Kaizer Chiefs mentor Muhsin Ertugral on Sunday came to the defence of left-back Gordon Gilbert after he substituted the player with only 23 minutes into the game against Thanda Royal Zulu. Gilbert was replaced by midfielder Reneilwe Letsholonyane as the Glamour Boys searched for an equaliser after Thanda Royal Zulu piled the pressure with Katlego Loke playing on the right asking more questions from Chiefs defence.

"Gilbert is such a nice boy to work with," said Ertugral with a smile. "He always has good intentions and we know what he can offer in this team. He was a Man of the Match the last time we played against Thanda Royal Zulu. In matches where we have called him to do the duty he has not disappointed us," he said.

"I do think on Sunday he put himself under lot of pressure. We will have a talk with him during the course of the week. Gordon (Gilbert) is also a big boy and will without a doubt pick himself up," said Ertugral.

Meanwhile the Turk urged the supporters to exercise more patience with players. The fans booed Gordon after losing his footing on Sunday allowing an opposing player to float in a dangerous cross inside the Chiefs 18 area box. "The supporters remain the backbone of this team. The players need them as the 12th player on the field," he concluded.

Quote from the Kaizer Chiefs website, here

The way Butcher speaks in the P&J suggests he has doubts over getting more players in. I sincerely hope not, we are still at least 3 or 4 players short of a full squad imo.

The way Butcher speaks in the P&J suggests he has doubts over getting more players in. I sincerely hope not, we are still at least 3 or 4 players short of a full squad imo.

When compared to teams on a similar budget I think we'll do OK. If there is ambition to exceed our previous campaigns then I agree we need to shore up the defense and bring in a couple of attack minded utility players.

When compared to teams on a similar budget I think we'll do OK. If there is ambition to exceed our previous campaigns then I agree we need to shore up the defense and bring in a couple of attack minded utility players.

We defnitely need a left back, centre mid and another forward which i think Butcher has pointed out.

Was Sammy Oji ever here? Who was Sammy Oji? Has Sammy Oji now left? Will Sammy Oji be signing?

SamOji_cropped.jpg Injury prone defender from Arsenal Youth Academy, not a good combo in my book (Injury prone defender that is). Apparently was on trial but not much in the media, went home last week I believe and won't be signing. (at least I hope not, wages are for playing staff - not crocked staff)