FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Trialist updates

Council Juice

We defnitely need a left back, centre mid and another forward which i think Butcher has pointed out.

And IMO one more centre back.

I think we're ok for centre-backs (Innes, Munro & Tokely with Proctor or Golly if desperate) and centre-mids (Proctor, Cox, Duncan, Morrison, McBain all competing for 2 places). LB is an absolute priority. Forward I'm not so sure is that much needed. I'd be happy to give Sutherland, Gil and Odi their chance to back-up Rooney. After that, it's more about getting a quality player that can depose a current first-teamer, rather than any squad players. We've a good first team and lots of good young players. I'd like to see Mackay-Steven on a short-termer as it's possible he could really add to the team.

I'd probably go with getting Mackay Steven in on a 6 month deal or something. As back up for Hayes. It's not a nessecity but would add to and enhance the squad.

I also think we really need a left back. Shinnie doesn't get used there and is probably seen as more of a left sided provider. Cover in a sense for Foran. Only having an aging Golly, and whilst I do like him and have faith in him, is asking an awful lot and none of the other defenders have ever convinced in that role.

I would like to see Mackay-Steven myself. But lets not get carried away like last pre-season. The lad has only played 1 game and it was against Clach. This at the moment seems like the ridiculous desperation to get the likes of Eagle and Stratford signed up. I think he could be a handy player but with our finances maybe not worth taking a risk on. He's been without a club for a long time, never started a 1st team game and very injury prone. Some people are expecting him just to walk straight into the SPL. I can see as good as he could be, why butcher isn't taking a risk on him!

Edited by Sir C the 3rd

We defnitely need a left back, centre mid and another forward which i think Butcher has pointed out.

I think we're ok for centre-backs (Innes, Munro & Tokely with Proctor or Golly if desperate) and centre-mids (Proctor, Cox, Duncan, Morrison, McBain all competing for 2 places). LB is an absolute priority. Forward I'm not so sure is that much needed. I'd be happy to give Sutherland, Gil and Odi their chance to back-up Rooney. After that, it's more about getting a quality player that can depose a current first-teamer, rather than any squad players. We've a good first team and lots of good young players. I'd like to see Mackay-Steven on a short-termer as it's possible he could really add to the team.

Proctor is no centre half nor is he a centre midfielder, there is no way he could wing it in those roles in the SPL. McBain will probably become a fringe player. So if Cox or Duncan get injured were humped. I'd still not be suprised if Stuart Duff returned.

But as said left back is an absolute priority! I think Golie is a great pro but a regular game at the highest level is just to demanding for him imo.

Edited by ajsict92

Proctor is no centre half nor is he a centre midfielder, there is no way he could wing it in those roles in the SPL. McBain will probably become a fringe player. So if Cox or Duncan get injured were humped. I'd still not be suprised if Stuart Duff returned.

But as said left back is an absolute priority! I think Golie is a great pro but a regular game at the highest level is just to demanding for him imo.

It might be old news now but i'm sure Stuart Duff is on trial at St Johnstone right now.

Proctor is a centre-back as cover. But his best position is defensive mid. I'm more than happy with three (Duncan/Cox/Proctor) competing for two slots plus back ups in Morrison and McBain. Spend any money elsewhere.

And it's the injury-prone bit of Mackay-Steven that makes me (and others) want to go for a short-term contract. His record suggests talent. If he can prove himself fitness-wise, looks a sound investment. If not, no real harm on such a small outlay

Edited by starchief

Proctor is a centre-back as cover. But his best position is defensive mid. I'm more than happy with three (Duncan/Cox/Proctor) competing for two slots plus back ups in Morrison and McBain. Spend any money elsewhere.

Priority should be a left back anyway. We let six go and we've now brought five in covering all departures except for Djebi Zadi at left back. That needs to be filled first before we think of strengthing anywhere else.

Proctor has played at centre half in the past and i wouldnt be too worried at having him for cover if Munro, Tokely, Innes were unavaliable.

He played at centre half for a spell in our last stint in the SPL. Seem to remember him playing excellently in the 3-2 game against Celtic and scoring a cracking header. he later got sent off for a last man tackle but the way i remember it was he had to make the tackle, on Scott Macdonald IIRC, following a team-mates mistake.

Left back is the priority IMO

There is an update in the highland news about trialists:

Former Ross County kid, trialist Gary Mackay Steven, who was freed last year from Liverpool, is still injured from a warm-up session at Forres Mechanics this month.The wide, attacking midfielder was impressive in a friendly win against Clach recently, but his foot knock leaves him with limited time to try and impress Butcher.

The Inverness CT manager said no new trialists are expected to check into the club next week.