FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

RANGERS 0 INVERNESS 1

Tichy_Blacks_Back

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either I wasnt at the same game as EWS or the feckin beer in Brechins had a sooperb hallucinatory effect. We DESERVED the three point - Graham Bayne was feckin IMMENSE - as was HASTINGS and Dargo. In fact everybody was. Apart from a 10-15 minute spell at the start of the second half we were always looking like holding out and scoring on the break. I know I have psychic powers but I did say just before the goal that I thought we would pinch it.

Just another day when being an ICT fan can be the best life lifter ever. And the chants were brill - espeially the Billy Boys taunt and the Letizi chant to the tune and clapping of Easy - Easy.

And as an Old Howden Ender I would just like to say. - O 2 feckin B.  :015: :015: :015:

Absolutely spot on analysis by EWS great result no doubt , but we carried no threat going forward and where lucky if we strung more than 3 passes together all game.

At the back however could not fault the guys , Munro had a great game against Prso and shows just how far he's come when playing against World Cup players. 

Still frustrated watching ICT but another 3 points on the board.

Absolutely spot on analysis by EWS great result no doubt , but we carried no threat going forward and where lucky if we strung more than 3 passes together all game.

At the back however could not fault the guys , Munro had a great game against Prso and shows just how far he's come when playing against World Cup players. 

Still frustrated watching ICT but another 3 points on the board.

For the money we're paying them you can't expect us to play like Arsenal  :010:

You'll probably be able to count the teams that beat Rangers on their own turf this season with 1 hand, so just be happy we're one of the fingers!!

I read a quote from Barry Ferguson on the BBC web site, that summed up the arrogance and complacency the Huns have.

Ferguson said: "Lionel saved the shot, but the guy nipped in and scored. I didn't get a good view of it, but we are not going to put the blame on him"

My point....For the captain of a team not to know the name of an opposing team player is shocking!

I read a quote from Barry Ferguson on the BBC web site, that summed up the arrogance and complacency the Huns have.

Ferguson said: "Lionel saved the shot, but the guy nipped in and scored. I didn't get a good view of it, but we are not going to put the blame on him"

My point....For the captain of a team not to know the name of an opposing team player is shocking!

To be fair though, Ferguson is a complete moron.

To be fair though, Ferguson is a complete moron.

Ferguson is actually a really nice guy who does a lot for youth football and school football in South Lanarkshire.  He is out coaching and refereeing kids games most nights of the week.  He also does alot for charity, with the proceeds of his book all going to charity.  Some going to that one that Jinky's wife set up.  Just because he doesn't know the name of a player doesn't mean he is a moron.

And not knowing the name of a player isn't shocking.  You think that he should know the name of every player he plays against?  I think you are being far too overly critical of him here, and taking it completly out of context.  How many times do you refer to someone by their name in a conversation?

As for my comments. I stand by them.  I'm not looking for play like the Arsenals or the Barcalonas of the world.  But I called it how I saw it.  We got hemmed in, weren't moving, and were far too narrow.  We got away with it this time because the Rangers defence is shocking, but we aren't going to get away with it every time.

To be fair, we need someone like Chris Burke.  Somebody who will run at players and take them on.  Create the space.  Others also need to see the space and run into it.  Take the first 15 minutes (or more) of the match when Rangers were dominant.  They were shooting into our end and you could see the overlaps that they had going, how they were exploiting space and moving the ball about well.  If we could start doing that, rather then making passes to each other (short ones) then getting Dods, Munro or Rossco to hump the ball up the park only for it to come back, we would be in a better situation.  And I think fans would start to support more.

We must stop this punting the ball up the park.  That's what we did under Brewster.  There has to be another way of playing.

Ferguson is actually a really nice guy who does a lot for youth football and school football in South Lanarkshire.  He is out coaching and refereeing kids games most nights of the week.  He also does alot for charity, with the proceeds of his book all going to charity.  Some going to that one that Jinky's wife set up.  Just because he doesn't know the name of a player doesn't mean he is a moron.

Hi Barry!

*waves to Barry*

I wish I was Barry Ferguson.  Have you SEEN his houses?

Guess it's just my open mindness that we can have great people and players play for other teams then?

And for your information?  The only reason why I know that he does the coaching and refereeing is because he occasionaly goes to my grannies wee village and does matches there.

Well it's the old case of the good things that players do never get rewarded, but as soon as they step out of line, they get hammered for it.  Like Celtic and Rangers players actually being sort of friends and living suprisingly close to each other.

I mean (and I can't believe I am gonna say this) but Neil Lennon is actually allright in person.....I sometimes meet him in my local Co-op.

Guess its the public persona VS private persona

Gazza is another one who actually did a fair bit of work for charity and such like but all we ever think of are the antics that got him in the papers which always enjoyed showing him as a wife beating, flute playing drunkard ....

Ferguson is always portrayed as an idiotic wee ned on things like Only an excuse or Off the Ball and I guess thats what shapes most people's opinions. If he is putting something back into the community by way of coaching and/or charity work then fair play to him. I dont think that will suddenly make me think that he is a great player or a wonderful person, but it maybe drops the ned factor a wee bit.

And not knowing the name of a player isn't shocking

Of course it is. As captain he should know the bl00dy shoe size of every player in the opposing team.

Frankly I couldn't care less if the huns carry on underestimating ICT, as long as he adopts a more professional attitude when he dons a Scotland jersey.

Well, that Graham Bayne guy did a good thing on Saturday and lots of people swore at him in Glasgow, he must be a bad person :017:

I will take a 1-0 win in everygame this season, we will then be Championees :clapping04:

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

"I read a quote from Barry Ferguson on the BBC web site, that summed up the arrogance and complacency the Huns have.

My point....For the captain of a team not to know the name of an opposing team player is shocking!"

It's nothing new. I remember George Burley did a whole 2 minute postmatch interview without mentioning ICT once. Gordon Strachan did it last season too, referring to Mark Brown as 'the guy'.

Guest Sandy Cromarty

Ferguson is a bit of a numpty, was it last season he went to the print media and declared that some of the rangers players should be playing more for the shirt inferring that they were just passing the time picking up the money, this from a player who had left rangers for Blackburn for a better pay day and was only back with rangers a few weeks. Numpty? Aye!

'Ferguson said: "Lionel saved the shot, but the guy nipped in and scored. I didn't get a good view of it, but we are not going to put the blame on him"'

And his name is on the back of his shirt!