FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brewster!!

Harry Chibber

I posted this on P&B earlier today

-------------------------------------------

United have some good INDIVIDUAL players, but no matter who is in charge there seems to be something in the air/water at Tannadice that ensures they cannot play as a TEAM.

Given time, Brewster may reshape the side, reduce the wage bill and even find some players who have some heart and will work hard for the club and each other, but the Chairman has a reputation as an impatient man whose past record of intolerance goes before him. I can see Brewster back at East End Park before the year is out with big Jim moving upstairs again or taking on a mentoring role.

--------------------------------------------

Back in May I posted the following............

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else on the forum so far, but while I was away last week I received news that Brewster has already had a change of contract with Utd.  His revised contract means that should he be given the heave-ho he is entitled to a max of 3 months wages as compensation - sounds like someone upstairs may be having 2nd thoughts!!!

I very much doubt ET would have allowed himself to be held to ransom by any manager given recent history in that dept at DU.

As an aside to this point, the last I heard, we were still to receive the remainder of the money due for Brewster and the rest of the staff who left along with him, although I haven't seen the recent accounts in full so I can't say for certain if this is the case or not.