FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Nick Ross

Pedz4king

There's some really angry people on this forum just now :sad:

Is it just since I started posting again, I think its gotten worse since I stopped the last time, its different posters now days...

Guest Mahonio

Dont agree to be perfectly honest! He's is definietly not ready to seriously compete at this level! Atm he is far too lightweight! Im not saying that he will be a bad player, he's defo one of our better prospects - maybe a low SPL, Top Division 1 player in the future but nothing more tbh!

Of course he isn't...he is only 18 and still learning.........and if it weren't for the fact that we have a small squad because of financial strictures...he wouldn't be seriously competing at this level..he would be sitting on the bench waiting until the game was won to get a go on the pitch at the tail end of the game........or getting games once the prospect of relegation was past, and gaining experience that way.

Unfortunately, ICT has limited options and has to make the best of what it has available to it..

Beats me how those of you trashing Nick Ross's ability are not out there managing SPL football clubs........because you obviously feel you have more ability to recognise a promising player than Terry Butcher and Maurice Malpas....after only seeing him in three games, while they have watched him in training for the last year or more.

And it astounds me that you have the cringe factor to the extent that you will happily trash an 18 year old with three starts under his belt..when, from what I can make out......the only players who were rated better than him in the Courier were Esson, Proctor, Munro and Rooney. Anyone care to start a thread trashing Odiambo, Hayes, Duncan or Cox........who do have the experience....are less lightweight and who performed no better than Nick Ross.

No?

I thought not! :irritated:

My fellow Caithnessian, have a couple of these for that post :clapping::clapping::clapping: .

I haven't made my mind up on Nick Ross yet. I only seen him play 4 or 5 times. The first impression of him was "too lightweight". That is still my opinion but I have also seen that he does have some skill and a bit of pace. I remember he played a cracking 2nd half against Stockport pre season, running at and beating players. But, I have also seen him being pushed off the ball too easily, and taking too many touches in front of goal when a first time shot would have done.

Given his age and the fact he has had relatively few games, I'll give him the season to bulk up and get some "real" match time, before slating/praising him too much.

Likewise. Against Fleetwood I thought it was obvious they'd done some work on his body strength since last season. It was Ross who burst past his defender and got in a driven cross for Rooney to flick home.

Dont agree to be perfectly honest! He's is definietly not ready to seriously compete at this level! Atm he is far too lightweight! Im not saying that he will be a bad player, he's defo one of our better prospects - maybe a low SPL, Top Division 1 player in the future but nothing more tbh!

Of course he isn't...he is only 18 and still learning.........and if it weren't for the fact that we have a small squad because of financial strictures...he wouldn't be seriously competing at this level..he would be sitting on the bench waiting until the game was won to get a go on the pitch at the tail end of the game........or getting games once the prospect of relegation was past, and gaining experience that way.

Unfortunately, ICT has limited options and has to make the best of what it has available to it..

Beats me how those of you trashing Nick Ross's ability are not out there managing SPL football clubs........because you obviously feel you have more ability to recognise a promising player than Terry Butcher and Maurice Malpas....after only seeing him in three games, while they have watched him in training for the last year or more.

And it astounds me that you have the cringe factor to the extent that you will happily trash an 18 year old with three starts under his belt..when, from what I can make out......the only players who were rated better than him in the Courier were Esson, Proctor, Munro and Rooney. Anyone care to start a thread trashing Odiambo, Hayes, Duncan or Cox........who do have the experience....are less lightweight and who performed no better than Nick Ross.

No?

I thought not! :irritated:

Sorry but I still think Roy McBain or possibly even Sanchez would maybe do a better job out there! He will obviously improve!:ponder: