FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Caledonian FC V Aberdeen

BornCaley

I remembe my father ( a dons fan) taking me to the above at Telford Street.

I got thinking about this the other day as i cant remember who would have been in charge of Aberdeen then. I think this was before Fergie, but i do recall some of the Dons players that night ( Harper, Rougvie, Jarvie, Mcleish, Latchford)

comments

I remember a game Vs Aberdeen at Telford St in the late 80s - not sure if it was this one or not - seem to remember it was a testimonial .... Roddy Davidson springs to mind but I could be wrong.

The game I am thinking of had the likes of Willem Van Der Ark etc playing for the Dons. not sure who was manager though - if it was 89 or thereabouts it would have been Alex Smith either on his own or with Jocky Scott.

We played them on 4th August 1985 (Billy MacDonald testimonial) and on 3rd November 1986, if I remember rightly!

But the Aberdeen players mentioned date it much earlier than that, perhaps 1978-81? If it had been 1980 onwards I'm pretty sure I would have been there and would remember it, but I don't recall anything.

I got thinking about this the other day as i cant remember who would have been in charge of Aberdeen then. I think this was before Fergie, but i do recall some of the Dons players that night ( Harper, Rougvie, Jarvie, Mcleish, Latchford)

comments

Dont ever remember a Latchford playing for Aberdeen .

comments

Dont ever remember a Latchford playing for Aberdeen .

The name Bobby Latchford sprung to mind, but i was actually thinking of Bobby Clark, Dons Goalie.

As for the rest of the players. My memories of that night are sketchy to say the least, so im not 100% on the players. All i do remember is the trauma of my father trying to get me to wear his stinking old Dons scarf

I remember a game Vs Aberdeen at Telford St in the late 80s - not sure if it was this one or not - seem to remember it was a testimonial .... Roddy Davidson springs to mind but I could be wrong.

The game I am thinking of had the likes of Willem Van Der Ark etc playing for the Dons. not sure who was manager though - if it was 89 or thereabouts it would have been Alex Smith either on his own or with Jocky Scott.

Went to that game too - I think Aberdeen won 3-0.

Kevin MacDonald attended that game and there was a rumour that he would turn out for Caley, which he didn't.

But towards the end of the game, Johnson Bellend came on as sub and a huge cheer went up from people who thought he was KM, being of similar ugliness.

Whatever happened to old Bellend?