FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for the 'well

TopSix

Different horses for different courses...

I'd have Eric on from the start in a more attack minded set up.

John, we were attack minded from the off today

I saw most of it on a video stream thingy. Looked to me like they spent much of the game on the back foot soaking up a lot of Rangers pressure, but the way they played from back to front was superb - that team performance today has to be right up there with best ICT performances of the last decade.

Fantastic match - wish I could have been there.

Different horses for different courses...

I'd have Eric on from the start in a more attack minded set up.

John, we were attack minded from the off today

Although I only had radio, that's how it sounded - soak it up, and break at every opportunity. As Caley D said elsewhere, I never felt we were beaten when we went one down, and was forced to question the commentators quite aggressively fingers.gif when they suggested we should be sitting in at 1-1. What I heard was giving me flashbacks to 0-4 at Tannadice. The only time I felt worried was during the series of corners in extra time.

I also couldn't help but think that if Levein had been in charge today, we'd have lost.

Edited by ilpadrino

I have to disagree with that viewpoint. In my opinion we were better in defence and we were better in midfield. We robbed them of balls so many times it was unbelieveable. Our failing, certainly in the first half, was our ability to control the final third. I haven't seen stats but I believe we had more chances than them

Guest Mahonio

I agree with Top Six Next Year, it has to be same again, why drop 11 players (plus subs) who had a great game this afternoon. :ictscarf::ictscarf:

Tel for Manager of the Month for October IMO. :ictscarf:

Edited by Mahonio

Yesterday was brilliant - rite selection, rite tactics and rite substitution but Rangers away - or I will go as far as saying any CaleyAway - is different to a home game and that is why it has to be horses for courses. We were IMHO predominantly defensive minded yesterday but we passed the ball really well, kept possession really well, used width and the pace of Hayes and our fitness levels are high. TCS games unfortunately are a different proposition. Fortunately next up are Motherwell and they look more like an offensive rather than defence minded outfit.

Playing Duncan in a holding role is away from home stuff. Foran and Duff provided the much needed experience in central midfield - but Foran is more effectively used wide left at home.

I dont know if anybody else has thought this but I feel that both Shinnie and Ross need to be rested - they are both young, inexperienced lads - shure they have been outstanding in some games but I feel that we could be in danger of "overcooking" them if we dont watch out. The pace of Eric at home is the foil to Rooney.

So I would go fer Esson - McCann, Rosscoe, Granty , Gillet / Shinnie - Hayes, Duncan , Duff, Foran - Rooney, Obhiambho

tbh I wouldn't change it as I would always have Duncan in my team and prefer to go for a bit of containment in midfield, we need to try something slightly different at home to try and change our form.

The question is if you were to change it who would you take out to put Odi in? It would be unfair on all from yesterdays game to leave any of them out however I do think if TB changes it, Duncan will be the one to make way, a bad call in my opinion if it happens as it has done already this season.

I dont know if anybody else has thought this but I feel that both Shinnie and Ross need to be rested - they are both young, inexperienced lads - shure they have been outstanding in some games but I feel that we could be in danger of "overcooking" them if we dont watch out. The pace of Eric at home is the foil to Rooney.

So I would go fer Esson - McCann, Rosscoe, Granty , Gillet / Shinnie - Hayes, Duncan , Duff, Foran - Rooney, Obhiambho

I'd go with that although there's no word on Gillet's fitness so i assume Shinnie will stay in the team for now - he's certainly a better option than Golly. Nick Ross has played most of the first 10 games and taking into account his age, inexperience and size he has been incredible. I really feel that it's time for him to take a breather though. If we're choosing our strongest 11 for Saturday then Eric should come in for Ross, who may even end up making a bigger impact off the bench.

I would agree with Stan and IHE but would suggest with the kind of game Hayes plays he might benefit from an occasional seat on the bench or he too, could be in danger of overcooking.

My team for Saturday - essentially as above - but use any two from the threesome of Ross, Hayes and Eric. Two of these guys on the field, with the 3rd one on the bench is an appealing combination.

I'd bring Eric back in, he's been one of our best players this season from what i've seen. Its a good place to be though when we're spoilt for choice, with the exception of 1 or 2 i have been confident with the entire squad this season and think there isn't really any need for changes this january. Its the first time in a long time i've been happy with everyone we have.

------------------------------Esson------------------------------------

--------McCann------Tokely------Munro-------Shinnie--------

----------------------Duncan---------Duff---------------------------

---------Hayes----------Odhiambo-----------Foran--------------

-----------------------------Rooney-----------------------------------

------------------------------Esson------------------------------------

----------------------Duncan---------Duff---------------------------

-----------------------------Rooney-----------------------------------

This.

------------------------------Esson--------------- ---------------------

----------------------Duncan---------Duff-------------------------- -

-----------------------------Rooney-------------------------------- ---

Why drop Ross?

Keep the same team as saturday and bring eric on in the 2nd half

Esson

Duff, Tokely, Munro, Shinnie

Duncan, Ross

Hayes, Odhiambo, Foran

Rooney

My bench will depend on who is fit for the weekend, they always seem to give different come back dates for players in the papers.

Esson

Duff, Tokely, Munro, Shinnie

Duncan, Ross

Hayes, Odhiambo, Foran

Rooney

My bench will depend on who is fit for the weekend, they always seem to give different come back dates for players in the papers.

I'd go with that AJ but as a 4-4-2

Hayes, Foran, Duncan, Ross

Odi, Rooney

Sky Sports News are reporting that Lee Cox has recovered from injury and could feature. I hope TB isn't tempted to tinker with the central midfield that was so good against Rangers last week.

On a slightly unrelated note, today's Off the Ball has been cancelled, presumably because of NUJ industrial action. I wonder if Sportsound will still be on and if so, whether its live commentaries will be affected? The BBC website is still advertising it as going ahead, but then, it's also still inviting people to listen live to Off the Ball...

Courier mentioned Cox yesterday, but reading between the lines, he may be short of full fitness. He played some kind of bounce game against Dundee United on Monday but I believe he is targetting a return to the squad for the Accies game.

Sky Sports News are reporting that Lee Cox has recovered from injury and could feature. I hope TB isn't tempted to tinker with the central midfield that was so good against Rangers last week.

Any of the injured players now becoming available for selection are going to find it tough to get back into the present side.

Nice problem for TB to have all the same - hopefully he'll find a way of keeping them all happy.