FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Manager of the month - October?

MissICT

How likely is it that Terry will get manager of the month for October?

WE are sitting in 4th position which is good for any side never mind that we have just been promoted! We are also unbeaten in 5 games and broke rangers winning run. This makes Terry fully deserved of the award. But will he get it?

I noticed on the CBfootball 'site that your selections have to agree with their "expert panel" to win prizes. What are the chances of them picking Terry Butcher for manager of the month, Hayes for player and Ross for young player? Can't see them agreeing with my selection but all three are superb. (As are the rest of the team). I nearly went for Esson for player of the month. Anyone put their choices in to the 'site?

Smith will get it ..... and deservedly so.

Hearts 1-2 Rangers

Rangers 4-1 Motherwell

Celtic 1-3 Rangers

Rangers 1-1 ICT

10 out of a possible 12 points including a win over Celtic and although they arent supposed to consider other results, some pretty decent ones in Europe too.

ICT 2-0 Aberdeen

ICT 1-1 St Johnstone

Kilmarnock 1-2 ICT

Rangers 1-1 ICT

8 out of a possible 12 points but two draws, even if one was against Rangers. Close but no cigar (or red wine) for our Terry.

Player of the Month is harder. Kenny Miller won it the first couple of months but perhaps Skacel for his immediate impact at Hearts this month ? Young player for me would definitely be Nick Ross.

Smith will get it ..... and deservedly so.

Hearts 1-2 Rangers

Rangers 4-1 Motherwell

Celtic 1-3 Rangers

Rangers 1-1 ICT

10 out of a possible 12 points including a win over Celtic and although they arent supposed to consider other results, some pretty decent ones in Europe too.

ICT 2-0 Aberdeen

ICT 1-1 St Johnstone

Kilmarnock 1-2 ICT

Rangers 1-1 ICT

8 out of a possible 12 points but two draws, even if one was against Rangers. Close but no cigar (or red wine) for our Terry.

The fact that Rangers have got 10 points out of 12 and we have only 8 should be irrelevant to a decision on manager of the month. What matters is how effective a manager is at getting results from the players available to him. As has just been pointed out elsewhere, some of ICT's best performers were not even warming the bench at the clubs they came from whilst the OF take their pick from the rest of the country. TB has produced brilliant results from the resources available to him.

If Butcher was managing Rangers and Smith ICT, then Rangers would have 12 points from their last 4 games and not just 10.

If Terry does not get the award there is no justice.

• Agree 1

I'm with DD on this. Great results by Rangers, and almost Celtic, but the budgets are much greater and this results in expectations being much greater. In fact a point dropped is a disaster for these clubs. Butcher can be proud of his October, as said above, done on a shoestring.

He must certainly be in the mix for the award and I doubt anyone could grudge him it. As for the curse......pfffffft.

I heard if on MFR this morning. Superb choice. The club is going really well. There's an article on ictfc about the award. Hope he wears his oven gloves when he goes to pick it up.

Edited by Top Six Next Year