FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Older ICT fans

dougal

Dougal is quite clearly a refusenik on the wind up.

Sad to say you are mistaken ymip

I'll admit i'm not a season ticket holder but i attend most home games and the odd away game depending on circumstances

Did you have a big team?

I only used to go to the Caley / County derbies at Telford Street. Wasn't ever really in to football when I was young. Started going to the home games when I was a student as it was about ?3 to get in with a student card. Went to quite a few Aberdeen games when I lived there but didn't travel away to Aberdeen games. If I'd moved to Edinburgh/Glasgow/ or any other major town I would have gone to watch SPL football. I love going to watch ICT -especially the away games. My wee team are Man U. Never seen a game in England in person though.

Inverness Thistle FC

dougal do you have a notebook full of subjects that have been done to death in the past or are you really so niave as you come across?

i'm fairly new to this forum, so a lot of subjects that have been "done to death" are new to me. if the subject really is so tiresome to you, don't feel that you have to contribute. it's not like you're adding anything interesting to the thread. i thought as a long standing member you'd be delighted that more and more supporters are being converted to the cause. no offence

• Agree 5

Caley since a wee boy. Then never came back to Inverness to stay after National Service in the RAF so then it was on to East Fife.

Then the Hibs when I was transferred to Edinburgh with the work.

At that time watching the Hibs for 6 years was fun. Stood high up on the terracing and was willing to endure the wind and squalls of rain just to see the likes of Willie Turnbull and Pat Stanton stroll through their accomplished games.

Then transferred to Blantyre and I do remember watching an Old FIrm derby once but that was the only game I saw in that area at that time.

After emigrating to Canada there was nothing but the local Vancouver Whitecaps to watch.

Then back to Caley Thistle when one day I idly looked up "Caledonian F.C." in the I.E search box and, lo and behold,got the shock of my life to see what had happened to the team in recent years.

Followed this up by contacting the Mantis, who seemed a likely lad from whom to ask questionsand whose comments sparked a much greater interest in the team :bouncyred: and the rest is history.

When I lived in Aberdeen I would occassionally go to Pittodrie. When in Ediburgh, I would go to Gorgie or Hibs, depending where my flat was. Then one day in Edinburgh, I took the train through to Stirling to see Caley play ICT, must have been about 1990. I was back home within the year and have been attending as a homer ever since.

i was a old firm fan (gers) then moved to inverness 23 years ago started going to telford street and kingsmill park

alternative weekends but sine ict wasformed been season ticket and dropped gers only every home game and a good few away games as well commited to the cause and will one day see ict in europe wee teams are now man u who ive been to see a few times in champions league (frebbies)

Got an ICT season ticket, was brought up an arab until I moved up here in '82 (jeez I'm old) then got into watching ICT. Got other "pet" teams (Odd Grenland in Norway and Valencia) that I'll go to see as the opportunity arises. But now, confimed Caley Thistle fan.

Caley and ICT for me....not got any other teams but I do regularly take a look around to see how some past players are getting on with teams they are at.

The BIG question for me is, who did Mantis support before Caley were formed?

You don't seriously expect me to remember that.

While everybody else is on about it: my wee team is Whitehill Welfare. I don't have a fave English team. Well, maybe Fleetwood Town.

I've dabbled over the years in FC Luzern, CD Tenerife, Barca, En Avant Guingamp, Caen, Carloway FC, basically all holiday romances :biggrin:

I did watch Falkirk for a year or two round about merger time, when Jefferies was boss. If Squirrel was here he'd say I was a Hibby, but that's bollocks. They were pretty reliable for a good European night in the 70s though, whereas the Jambos never got into Europe much.

Very much lapsed Stanton-era Hibee. Home games. Black, Blackley, Cropley, O'Rourke, Duncan, Schaedler etc etc. Real men, real fitba...then George Best killed it. Nothing against the legend that is GB, but, I mean...

Then ICT presented a link to my Highland forebears and one inebriated evening later I was a shareholder, fan, match reporter, old git and, glory hunter (thanks Yngwie) when I turned up at Hampden.

Journeys up and down the A9 and to the shires in the company of the LOTSW crew have been hugely entertaining. Did you know that an Aberdonian was found dead on a 'pay-as-you-leave' bus? I do, Mantis told me 324 times.

:ictscarf: