FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Time to make a stand?

GMD11UK

With the 3 stooges booted from Aberdeen, i keep on hearing butchers name being mentioned with the job. normally i wouldn't take notice but it seems as if whenever one of the "bigger clubs" needs a manager, they always seem to take from ICT.

I think butcher needs to make his intentions known and go public and either say "i'm interested" or "Where are the dons in the table? Where Are ICT?? I'm Staying With Caley!"

As i said, i dont think he will go as he's built a great team here and if we continue our form he will have the money to do what he wants here anyway.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

It would be nice if TB would rule himself out of the job and end the speculation but really, who has linked him with the job? The Media. TB has not linked himself with the job and neither have Aberdeen.

Its all media speculation and true to form the names in the frame, as always, are managers who are doing well like TB, ones who have some Aberdeen connection, or ones who have previously managed in Scotland and are currently out of work. Throw in a couple of 'surprise' candidates who want to get themselves in the media (a la Warnock or Ardiles) and its following a very tried, tested and tired formula.

TB would be mad to take the job...for ONE reason only. And that is, there is an unrealistic and unjustified demand for success from the fans. Why? because they had a few good yrs 25-30 yrs ago. I wouldnt touch the job with a barge pole! I think we will be safe enuff...Terry knows hes on to something good here.

The man is in pole position to bring a top 6 finish and potentially European football to the club, he has firmly established his own set of players into the side who are doing a terrific job, he loves it here, we love him, he loves us etc.

Why an earth would he drag himself over to the hill of horse dung to start all over again?

I dont think he was even mentioned in the odds on the radio today.

• Agree 1

he was mentioned on sportsound the night of them breaking the news of marky mark being shown the door and just read it again in a sotry about how strachan has said no thanks and calderwood said it's unlikely for him to return.

we are constanly having out managers stolen from under our feet, robertson, brewster & patterson (who buggered off to aberdeen as i recall) are a few that come to mind.

not really demanding anything, but it would be nice even if he is under contract, to just say, "who else is gonna tally the scores for mo's quiz on away games? i'm staying with super-caley".

We have only ever parted with managers three times where it wasn't that a bigger team was calling for them, Sergio Baltacha, Charlie Christie and Craig Brewster (part deux). As partings with managers go I'd far rather it was because a richer (choosing my words) team wanted them than because of circumstances at our own club. Terry and Mo have been here almost two years and have laid down roots but that shouldn't stop them moving on again. They would be foolish if they let sentiment get in the way of their thinking. It is better to regret the choices you have made than to regret not making choices.

I personally believe that Terry and Mo should choose to remain at ICT and see through what they have started, that way they'll never say they have unfinished business. What we have here is really amazing and with a fully fit squad to choose from and a couple of signings in the window we really can be pushing for a Euro slot. Unlike other Scottish teams I have seen over the years getting into European competition I believe this team has the skills, workrate and character to achieve something should they get that opportunity. What happened to the Gothenburg team in the '80s? All went on to become legends of Scottish football. If you need some inspiration Terry, look at Sir Alex. That's how I see you in a few years.

• Agree 1

We have only ever parted with managers three times where it wasn't that a bigger team was calling for them, Sergio Baltacha, Charlie Christie and Craig Brewster (part deux). As partings with managers go I'd far rather it was because a richer (choosing my words) team wanted them than because of circumstances at our own club. Terry and Mo have been here almost two years and have laid down roots but that shouldn't stop them moving on again. They would be foolish if they let sentiment get in the way of their thinking. It is better to regret the choices you have made than to regret not making choices.

I personally believe that Terry and Mo should choose to remain at ICT and see through what they have started, that way they'll never say they have unfinished business. What we have here is really amazing and with a fully fit squad to choose from and a couple of signings in the window we really can be pushing for a Euro slot. Unlike other Scottish teams I have seen over the years getting into European competition I believe this team has the skills, workrate and character to achieve something should they get that opportunity. What happened to the Gothenburg team in the '80s? All went on to become legends of Scottish football. If you need some inspiration Terry, look at Sir Alex. That's how I see you in a few years.

What??? with a big purple nose???