FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for 'well

TopSix

I didn't make the Elgin game yesterday. I did catch the last 15 minutes of the Dundee v 'well game on Sky. Motherwell looked impressive and dangerous. Murphy will be difficult to contain.

I'd go

---------------Esson

-----Duff Tokely Munro Shinnie

-------------- Duncan

Sutherland McBain Sanchez Ross

---------------Rooney

Duncan and Sanchez HAVE to be in for me.

Esson

Duff Rosco Munro Shinnie

Duncan Cox

Sutherland/Hayes Sanchez Foran

Rooney

Not that Ross has done anything wrong, quite the opposite, but just feel maybe a rest is in order. If Hayes makes it he is in as well, else go for Sutherland, he looks busy and works through players.

Esson

Duff, Tokely, Munro, Shinnie

Duncan, Foran

Ross, Sanchez, Sutherland

Rooney

Subs: Tuffey, Innes, Golabek, Cox, McBain, Odhiambo, Blumenshtein.

Goals to centre mid is pretty much sorted for me - Esson, Duff, Tokely, Munro and Shinnie; Duncan and Cox shoring up the midfield.

All depending on whether Hayes is fit, It should be between him, Ross, Sanchez, Foran and Sutherland to fill the supporting roles.

If Hayes is fit I'd have him, Sanchez and Foran. Ross has done nothing wrong but could probably do with a rest and he could easily be used off the bench if thinks need changing.

Sutherland has looked promising from the opportunities he's been presented however at the moment opportunities from the bench would probably be the best option in my opinion.

I'd like to see more of Blumenstein, but having been out a while he's going to be rusty. He needs a few bounce games. He could perhaps feature from the bench but isn't ready to start. Not against a fairly strong Motherwell team anyway.

Finally I'd continue with Rooney up front. I think we need to have a look at getting him some competition up front. If one of these rumoured moves for Odhiambo come to fruition then we should take it and bring in a more out and out striker as I think Rooney might struggle with the burden a little. Sutherland could perhaps be the one to take up some slack but I fear it may be a little early.

So team for me is -

- Esson -

- Duff - Tokely - Munro - Shinnie -

- Cox - Duncan -

- Hayes(if fit*) - Sanchez - Foran -

- Rooney -

Bench would be Tuffey; Innes, McBain, Golabek(or Morrison), Blumenstein, Ross, Sutherland. *Put in Sutherland or Ross if Hayes doesn't make it.

Edited by iamthecaptain1

Am I missing something or is therea reason people are dropping our captain (Foran) from the next game?

The only reason i dropped Foran was because he has been slightly off the boil in the last couple of games. Certainly not up to his normal very high standards

Hopefully someone will come in for Jamie Murphy too. In regard to Foran, does he have a niggling injury?

he has been holding his chest every now and then since mcculloch kicked him at ibrox, i don't think he's been at 100% since and i thought he should have been rested against elgin but i dont think we can afford to drop him if hayes is still out,.

For this game duncan HAS to start, i prefer rossco to innes and duff in defence rather than centre mid:

esson

duff--rossco--munro--shinnie

duncan--ross

hayes (if fit)--sanchez--foran

rooney

subs: tuffey, innes, golly, mcbain, cox, sutherland and blumanshtein

• Agree 1